Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Or to put a different spin on it who do you think was the better QB yesterday - Prescott or Allen?  Prescott's passing stats were exponentially better then Allen's were in their games yesterday.  Yet Dallas lost the game and trailed 22 - 7 in the 4th quarter.  And the Cowboys rely in their offense yet Prescott could only manage one TD through 3 and a half quarters.  IMO Allen was the better QB but not the better passer yesterday,

Stats, particularly fr QB's, can be very misleading.

With Josh Allen, I’ve come to believe you can just throw out the stats…to understand his value as a player you just have to watch the games…and that’s why he probably won’t be winning NFL MVP awards anytime soon, even though he should.

• Like (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Robert Saleh and his defense had had ZERO answers for Allen and Buffalo.

34 in 2020 with 49ers

45 in 2021 with Jets (1st Game)

If it wasn’t final game of season I might say 45+ again.

Saleh runs his defense and that’s it. I think it is all single high safety and cover 4. Josh feasts on that.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sound similar to what my jet fan friends have been saying the last few weeks

Low expectations but the young guys have been showing promise

I do disagree with them and think that the bet is bills -17

1 hour ago, Logic said:

One of the things that separates Allen from other QBs and makes him so special is that even when he's having a bad day throwing the ball (and I agree it wasn't as bad as it seemed, but 3 INTs is 3 INTs), he can still take over with his legs. 

"Oh, the passing game isn't humming? That's okay, I'll run for 82 yards and 2 scores."

Special player.

we rightfully talk about the weather negatively affecting this team. but rarely in the same breath is it mentioned what you specify, how much of a positive his legs are in bad weather.

long term speaking, I think Josh Allen in bad weather is a positive for the bills, when comparing directly to most other QB's. I get that we are predicated on being able to throw the ball and we are at our best when we can do that. 

But to me, they are two separate questions/thoughts. 1. Bad weather does hurt our chances in the sense that we can't run our 'ideal' offense (although the Bills are doing their best to become Multiple)  2. Josh Allen is the quarterback I would say is built best for bad weather in the entire league, when factoring in his legs of course. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

They were pretty flukey picks, imo.  On the 2nd, it looked like Beasley was pushed also - it probably should have been a flag.

But it was good to see other players and units step up for the win.

The only INT I was mad about was the first one. The 2nd and 3rd he really couldn't do all that much about IMO.

It was infuriating watching the rest of the games yesterday and seeing numerous balls get tipped and just fall to the ground or go right into the WR hands. GB/Minnesota.... Rodgers' throw got tipped and the pass ended up being deflected right into Davante Adams hands in stride. It's just the way the ball bounces sometimes lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We won by 2 TDs, we ran well, the defense played well, we got the Ryan call, results were there........except I don't think anyone is being unreasonable at being blown away by the struggling passing game against the number 28 defense. Again, nobody is pissed about the win or disappointed in the win. This is a sustainability question going forward, can we win if that happens again to the passing attack against say NE in 2 weeks? I think some of us were shocked at what happened, it was more information about where we are . It was eye opening, like being just off the green with a sand wedge and shanking it. Could be an overreaction..yes, but...might not be and thus the concern.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

We won by 2 TDs, we ran well, the defense played well, we got the Ryan call, results were there........except I don't think anyone is being unreasonable at being blown away by the struggling passing game against the number 28 defense. Again, nobody is pissed about the win or disappointed in the win. This is a sustainability question going forward, can we win if that happens again to the passing attack against say NE in 2 weeks? I think some of us were shocked at what happened, it was more information about where we are . It was eye opening, like being just off the green with a sand wedge and shanking it. Could be an overreaction..yes, but...might not be and thus the concern.

The Bills passing game struggles in bad weather. Drops, bad timing etc etc but it seems pretty clear by now. They perform at a high level in good conditions. It’s definitely a concern when your first playoff game is at home in January. Hope for a day like last years Colts playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills passing game struggles in bad weather. Drops, bad timing etc etc but it seems pretty clear by now. They perform at a high level in good conditions. It’s definitely a concern when your first playoff game is at home in January. Hope for a day like last years Colts playoff game. 

This would be a great question for Beane. Why did you a build a team that struggles in bad weather? Even the Super Bowl era teams could run it down other teams throats when they had too. A strong OL and HOF RB will allow you to do that.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This would be a great question for Beane. Why did you a build a team that struggles in bad weather? Even the Super Bowl era teams could run it down other teams throats when they had too. A strong OL and HOF RB will allow you to do that.

That's what makes the Falcons game so big. If Buffalo can keep that kind of power running game going, it will solve a lot of problems. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!
16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

link?

ha, get your own nfl db (might have to purchase) and learn sql

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a big number. But I think they may be running for the bus more on Sunday night in Buffalo then they were yesterday afternoon at home. They’ve played much better at home this year than on the road and the Bucs looked like they were sleepwalking, didn’t seem to put a lot into that game. Rookie Qb with a bad team hours from their off-season vs this bills D in OP and a team very motivated to win the division could be ugly. 

that's exactly right.  the team that played the Bucs tough on Sunday isn't the team that will show up in Buffalo.  bad teams that lose a heartbreaker at home are very unlikely to show up on the road the next week, especially in the last game of the season.  the jets are already thinking about the beaches in Costa Rica or wherever.

but obviously the bills can't think this way.  we should respect the opponent and come prepared and amped up to win the division.  i don't expect that will be a problem.

24 minutes ago, harryS said:

ha, get your own nfl db (might have to purchase) and learn sql

that's exactly right.  the team that played the Bucs tough on Sunday isn't the team that will show up in Buffalo.  bad teams that lose a heartbreaker at home are very unlikely to show up on the road the next week, especially in the last game of the season.  the jets are already thinking about the beaches in Costa Rica or wherever.

but obviously the bills can't think this way.  we should respect the opponent and come prepared and amped up to win the division.  i don't expect that will be a problem.

A bad weather day could level the playing field. Take nothing for granted. Forecast for Sunday (right now) calls for temps near freezing, 30% of rain or snow, and winds in the teens.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.