Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

would love Berrios as a Beasley replacement

I’d keep an eye on Berrios…he looked good in the game against TB but he appeared to tweak his knee right near the end of the game and was limping pretty good.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Been a while since Bills won division 2 years in a row

You ain't kidding.  Not only has it been a while but it's a very rare event. Here's what I have for the Bills winning the AFL/AFC East at least 2 years in a row:

1964 - 1966 (3 in a row)

1988 - 1991 (4 in a row).

And that's it.  In the entire 60+ year history of the Buffalo Bills they have only won back to back AFC East titles TWICE.  And the last time was THIRTY YEARS ago!

We are on the verge of doing something very rare in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They want the division in play as long as possible 

I wouldn't touch that spread. The Pats and Fins play at 1:00. If the Fins somehow win and beat NE the division is wrapped up before the Bills take the field. Heck they might start Mitch and the bench and rest the starters.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me also add if it was say a NE vs Jets line. I still wouldn’t touch it. Division games are tough and that is the NYJ Super Bowl to knock the Bills off the AFCE Championship 

Division games haven’t been tough minus the game played in a tornado.  The other 4 games, bills win 35-0, 26-11, 45-17 and 33-21-  covered the spread in the 4 wins.  Average point differential in 4 wins:  22.25.

average point differential in the 5 division games: 17

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I wouldn't touch that spread. The Pats and Fins play at 1:00. If the Fins somehow win and beat NE the division is wrapped up before the Bills take the field. Heck they might start Mitch and the bench and rest the starters.

ESPN shows the Pats/Fins game to be happening at the same time our game is happening.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't like the 4:15 start. The winds will be picking up.

We should best the Jets regardless but I want Allen on the bench after halftime and this complicates that goal.

Doubt that happens since they have to win to take division. So if Allen does get to come out it will be because Bills are up 35-40 points and likely wouldn't be until 4th quarter even then

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.