Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yup I totally understand but McKenzie was a concern at the start of the season and has had trouble. I’m at the point I just want Hyde back there to fair catch them all. 

This is where I'm at. Both McKenzie and Stevenson scare the living daylights out of me. 

I believe we're a good enough team that having an explosive but gaffe prone returner is a gamble we don't need to take.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree

Gotta be damn near a consensus among Bills fans, I'd think. Which is rare. 

Forget the run defense. Forget the weather. Forget the refs (although eff them, of course).

The 2021 Bills can beat ANY team in the NFL when their offense lives up to (even a portion of) its potential. 

EVERY 2021 loss can be blamed on the offense, except probably/maybe the Colts game. One could still argue that if the Bills hadn't pooped the bed early, and especially hadn't turned the ball over (ahem, Isaiah, for example), that the game would have progressed differently. Either way. That's useless conjecture.

5 of their 6 losses this season involve the offense having a chance to win the game late and failing to do so. Not to mention any squandered drives and opportunities prior to crunch time. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That last sentence is the reason some of us would prefer to see McKenzie.  Stevenson has what, a muff and 2 fumbles in 5 games?  

That’s more than McKenzie has done this season.

Playing McKenzie in the short term should be the lesser of 2 evils. Stevenson looks lost out there with no instincts. Just straight line speed. Isaiah at least can make a couple cuts here and there. At this point if you really want to play it safe let Hyde do punts and McK kickoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

To be the best we need to beat the best. We can beat any of the playoff teams if our offense is clicking, regardless of our opponent.

Still though…no team just steamrolls their way to the superbowl and wins it.  You want the easiest path possible there’s no bonuses for style points lol 

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Weather is looking bad again during game time. Wind gusts in excess of 30 MPH. 

So, will Daboll have them come out throwing on every down again until McD sets him straight?

6 hours ago, buffblue said:

This is where I'm at. Both McKenzie and Stevenson scare the living daylights out of me. 

I believe we're a good enough team that having an explosive but gaffe prone returner is a gamble we don't need to take.

In hindsight, I think they should’ve used the money they spent on Sanders and Breida to bring Roberts back as the returner.

Edited by BobbyC81

15 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

So, will Daboll have them come out throwing on every down again until McD sets him straight?

In hindsight, I think they should’ve used the money they spent on Sanders and Breida to bring Roberts back as the returner.

I was thinking the same thing about Roberts.  Knowing what we know now, money we’ll spent.

9 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

It’s really only Wednesday?

Feels like ages since Falcons game. 

Fast forward to Sunday, please!

Tell me about it!  It’s been so long everyone forgot who we’re playing this coming Sunday or did they flex the team we’re playing as well and we face the Colts at 4:25? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Utterly fascinating:

Alright, Mr. Happy Thoughts, there's the hard-nosed folks who are going to respond "you are what your record says you are," but I do think this implies the Bills are stronger than their record. The Titans are annoying, because they seem to win most of the close ones. Hopefully they retreat to the mean in the post-season.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Utterly fascinating:

That's pretty wild!  IMO the biggest reason why this year has been so stressful and polarizing for the fanbase.  It's hard to take those stomach punch losses over and over knowing that we're a good team.  I'd much rather just get blown out once in a while, chalk it up to a bad week and move on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.