Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is why I feel like we can go with the same exact WR group next year.  Bring back McKenzie, let Sanders go.

Keep Beasley.

Give Allen protection and he will be more than fine.

Some is his own doing.  Josh loves to hold that ball.

• Agree 1

Are the Jets going to tank? Obviously, they should, but whether they will or not is an open question.

Jets: 4-12

Houston: 4-12

Giants: 4-12

Carolina: 5-11

Presently, the Jets are slated for 4th overall, but if they win and everyone else loses I think they drop to 6th. If they lose, they stay at 4 with the slight possibility of moving up (the Giants could conceivably beat Washington, who also should strive to lose). They already have the seventh pick (from Seattle). If I'm the Jets, I'm treating the 2022 draft as a bonanza and ensuring that the Giants aren't ahead in the draft order (the Giants currently have the #5 and #8 pick). 

I know, I know - coaches always try to win. But it's dumb in this instance. This season is a lost cause. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Are the Jets going to tank? Obviously, they should, but whether they will or not is an open question.

Jets: 4-12

Houston: 4-12

Giants: 4-12

Carolina: 5-11

Presently, the Jets are slated for 4th overall, but if they win and everyone else loses I think they drop to 6th. If they lose, they stay at 4 with the slight possibility of moving up (the Giants could conceivably beat Washington, who also should strive to lose). They already have the seventh pick (from Seattle). If I'm the Jets, I'm treating the 2022 draft as a bonanza and ensuring that the Giants aren't ahead in the draft order (the Giants currently have the #5 and #8 pick). 

I know, I know - coaches always try to win. But it's dumb in this instance. This season is a lost cause. 

Interesting synopsis; makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Joe Burrow not playing Sunday. Bengals likely resting other starters as well.

Three seed looking increasingly likely.

not that i'm for dodging teams or anything, but i think i would much rather have to play in tenn round 2 as opposed to heading right into arrowhead again.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Totally. KC is supremely battle tested in the playoffs.

right. sorta cowardly on my end, but i would like for them to have as many chances to be eliminated as possible until we have to go there. lol.

3 seed locks us into arrowhead most likely where the 4 seed means another chance at tenn. i like that matchup better, even with henry back.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Joe Burrow not playing Sunday. Bengals likely resting other starters as well.

Three seed looking increasingly likely.

A battle of the backup QBs in that game with Baker out too, so it's a toss up.

2 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The Bills are much better off losing this game now, with the Burrow news (and likely Bengals loss)

You DO NOT want to see the Colts in Round 1 under any circumstance. Worst AFC matchup for the Bills.

Go Jets! (I'm serious). Bills need to lose this game now.

Going on the road to face the Pats or Bengals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Staying at home to face the Colts.

Avoid. The. Colts.

Ridiculous.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The Bills are much better off losing this game now, with the Burrow news (and likely Bengals loss)

You DO NOT want to see the Colts in Round 1 under any circumstance. Worst AFC matchup for the Bills.

Going on the road to face the Pats or Bengals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Staying at home to face the Colts.

Avoid. The. Colts.

If the Bills are a Super Bowl championship caliber team then they will have to go thru these teams anyway. Colts, Titans, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Bucs, Rams or whoever just bring it. I don't care who the Bills play. Its going to be a tough game no matter what. Going to have to win 4 very tough games starting WC weekend so I can't wait to see how the Bills do.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Avoid. The. Colts.

Awful take.  The last thing this Bills team needs is another loss to a POS team like the Jets, no matter the circumstances.  Keep the winning culture going.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

It's a brutal matchup because the Colts "run-first, grind the clock, and control the game" mentality/philosophy in a 1-game do-or-die scenario is scary for a Pass-First Offense that puts so much pressure on its QB. The physicality of the Colts in a 1-game playoff can force the opposing QB (in this case, Josh) to press and make mistakes. Then once the Colts get ahead of the sticks, it's game over. They just run, run, pass when they need to, stay on the field, eat up clock, etc.

I've seen it first hand with the 2007 and 2011 Giants under Tom Coughlin who had the same philosophy. They were built to upset Passing teams in the postseason.

You DO NOT want to see the Colts in Round 1 under any circumstance. The Bills are better off losing in Week 18 to the Jets.

You haven't actually watched Carson Wentz play much lately, have you?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is why I feel like we can go with the same exact WR group next year.  Bring back McKenzie, let Sanders go.

Keep Beasley.

Give Allen protection and he will be more than fine.

Agree w/ the sentiment that we should focus on reloading both lines this off-season.

But also would not mind drafting a twitchy waterbug burner type WR in rounds 3-5 to compete w/ McKenzie & Stevenson and eventually help replace Beasley. 

Give Davis all Sanders’ reps/snaps.

32 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Avoid. The. Colts.

Please tell me your high on Meth. I will respect you much more than if you made that statement cold stone sober 🤭

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He threw for 57 yards against the Pats!  That's a Tyrod game.

That was in a dome 😳

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.