Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They weren't a very good RAC team even then..........but Allen averaged a ridiculous 3.14 seconds before throwing which was statistically the highest above expectation in the league...........so he was getting very good protection and often "waiting" receivers open. 

Or Allen was buying extra time with his mobility.  A lot of his big chunk plays were throws after he exited the pocket.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

As much as I hate to ever credit @BADOLBILZ for anything, since he does plenty of tooting his own horn and doesn't need anyone to help him...he's right about the passing game. It is far less explosive than last season. The stats -- both classic and advanced -- bear this out. 

Everyone figures the Bills need to upgrade the guard spots and maybe the running back room in the offseason, and they probably will. Adding an explosive receiver or two, though, is an underrated need. I love Diggs and Davis, and McKenzie has value as a role player. Sanders will likely be gone and Beasley has lost some explosiveness. We need to add some POP to the WR room for the 2022 season.

Part of that is the way defenses have played us this year.  Some teams werent capable or didnt play that way and the Bills lit them up.  The Jets for one did not play the cover 2 shell or 2 deep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

What they struggle with? Other than the INT's the Bills moved the ball at will and Falcons couldn't stop it. Oline looked good too

The first half they should have dominated but did not.  The pass rush pressured Allen.  

11 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Is that the same Miami team that went on to win 7 straight games after their loss in Buffalo?

Look at the teams they beat.  Other than that, the Bills were not crisp in that game.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I posted this elsewhere, but it got buried. 

Did Star play yesterday? I didn’t see him on the inactives, but also didn’t notice him once on the field. 

Yeah I saw him in the game at times.

Is it crazy of me if Bills lose and I'm not worried about the playoffs? Josh Allen has been playing like turd the past 4 or 5 home games. I think Allen and the team plays better on the road because they don't have to show off the home crowd and they will be more focused and motivated. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Actually thought he played excellent against the Patriots in a wind storm early December. Played OK against the Panthers, and struggled against Atlanta…. Agree with someone who said he was reading his own press clippings this past week and was overconfident in this game. 

Let's hope he reads the negative press clippings so his head will not get bigger and get more motivated. 

• Eyeroll 2

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I rewatched the game and he honestly looked good to me…never would’ve guessed his stat line was that bad.  Two of those picks weee pretty unlucky…that last one looked like gabe was wide open for a big gain if the ball didn’t get tipped.  That second pick seemed like Beasley got jammed and just gave up on the route but he could have gotten there…gotta throw that one before he makes his break so it really wasn’t a bad decision. First pick he should’ve thrown away though 

Don't let @JoPoy88 see this post, he might get angry 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Thanks, man. I swear, it seemed like I didn’t see him out there once, and yet I felt like I saw AJ and Eli (same snap count) a lot more.

Yea, agreed. 
I feel like the Bills send subtle clues and messages about their intentions when it comes future roster transactions. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Gutsy move or rookie ignorance?  lol

I take that as a rookie who grew up watching Tom Brady win Super Bowls and considered the greatest of all time. Being on the same field much less intercepting a pass from Brady was a special moment. Rookie also probably understands there are no guarantees in life, enjoy it while you can.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.