Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Process said:

Their number 1 WR is some guy named Berrios.

Believe their only good RB got a concussion today.

Can't see the Bills struggling vs a garbage team two weeks in a row. 

Seems like a game the Bills win by 35, to be honest.

Josh will be pissed after yesterday and a pissed off Josh is not what the Jets want to see.

Coming off arguably his best ever performance vs the Pats we got Sugar High Josh yesterday.

He will be way more focused this week after that near disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the Jets game yesterday and they gave the Bucs all they could handle. Wilson reminds me of Allen in his rookie year. Struggled a lot but showed flashes of having the "it" factor. If the Jets (THIS IS A BIG IF) can actually develop him correctly and put a team around him like the Bills did with Allen then he will become the 2nd best QB in the division. He will be better than Tua and Jones if the Jets don't "F" it up. This will not be an easy game. They would love nothing more than to stick it to a long time rival and hurt our chances at the division. As for betting I would take the Jets and 17 points. The Bills should win but not by 17 IMHO.

P.S. The Brown meltdown was crazy to watch. He ran across the end zone where my seats are located. Fans were giving it to him pretty good as he was leaving the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Josh will be pissed after yesterday and a pissed off Josh is not what the Jets want to see.

Coming off arguably his best ever performance vs the Pats we got Sugar High Josh yesterday.

He will be way more focused this week after that near disaster.

I disagree. Calm Josh is Good Josh. Hopefully his pregame tunes put him in a nice mellow mood.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

I disagree. Calm Josh is Good Josh. Hopefully his pregame tunes put him in a nice mellow mood.

Agree. He needs to take a lesson from Rodgers and how he plays the games. Rodgers looks like he doesn't have a care in the world out there. He is cool and calm out there. Goes thru his reads, progressions and is usually deadly accurate. He makes it (playing QB) look so easy. He is not only one of the best QB's in the league today but one of the best all time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Agree. He needs to take a lesson from Rodgers and how he plays the games. Rodgers looks like he doesn't have a care in the world out there. He is cool and calm out there. Goes thru his reads, progressions and is usually deadly accurate. He makes it (playing QB) look so easy. He is not only one of the best QB's in the league today but one of the best all time.

I have no doubt Josh will get to that point. Kinda have to keep in mind the amount of experience Rodgers has while Josh is a young bull. Hopefully Josh will be here for as long as Rodgers has in GB if we get lucky.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I have no doubt Josh will get to that point. Kinda have to keep in mind the amount of experience Rodgers has while Josh is a young bull. Hopefully Josh will be here for as long as Rodgers has in GB if we get lucky.

Yeah! Love to hear this.

Rodgers is definitely playing the game at some kind of wizard level.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I agree, and even Roger's has had some pretty crappy games over his career. I'm not saying Josh had a horrible game btw, he just wasn't as on in the passing game as we'd like him to be. The beautiful thing is he didn't get frustrated, just found another way to win. I'm happy we showed we can win a game without Josh being Superstar Passing Josh and that a sub-par statistical game doesn't bring out all the "OMG HE'S REGRESSING" crap we've seen before. 

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Allen has a lot of "Favre" in him. He's got the gambler mentality. Josh is great and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. He is the face of the franchise and will probably win a Lombardi or two for Buffalo when its all said and done. But plays like the INT he threw when the Bills were threating to extend their lead at 14-5 drive me nuts. If the play isn't there just throw it away. Bass probably makes the FG and then you have 17-5. Falcons probably don't come back and grab the lead at halftime if they make it 17-5.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

The first 28 mins of yesterday's game, Josh looked great. Was completing balls all over. Then for whatever reason, he started throwing terrible passes. I thought he was throwing his passes too hard, and I wonder if someone told him not to zip them so much and that somehow threw his game off, and he started over thinking his passes, which led to interceptions 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The 17 point spread is ridiculous.   The Jets are not running for the bus.  This team should have won yesterday and are  not to be taken lightly.   

It’s a big number. But I think they may be running for the bus more on Sunday night in Buffalo then they were yesterday afternoon at home. They’ve played much better at home this year than on the road and the Bucs looked like they were sleepwalking, didn’t seem to put a lot into that game. Rookie Qb with a bad team hours from their off-season vs this bills D in OP and a team very motivated to win the division could be ugly. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The first 28 mins of yesterday's game, Josh looked great. Was completing balls all over. Then for whatever reason, he started throwing terrible passes. I thought he was throwing his passes too hard, and I wonder if someone told him not to zip them so much and that somehow threw his game off, and he started over thinking his passes, which led to interceptions 

I will opine that he was seeing his passes bouncing off his receivers hands and was trying to alter his throws. So we agree and that got him in trouble.  The INT in the end zone was a great defensive play.  Those happen.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a big number. But I think they may be running for the bus more on Sunday night in Buffalo then they were yesterday afternoon at home. They’ve played much better at home this year than on the road and the Bucs looked like they were sleepwalking, didn’t seem to put a lot into that game. Rookie Qb with a bad team hours from their off-season vs this bills D in OP and a team very motivated to win the division could be ugly. 

TB have been sleeping walking since the Bills game.  It was a walk up call that they have not responded to.  One worry.  The Bills have struggled at home this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.