Bills Were 3 Yards Away From Being The 1 Seed.

BillsFan130

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The loss to the Titans... (I think it was around 3 yards they needed for the TD when Josh slipped on the 4th and 1)

If the bills win that game, they are 11-5 and Titans would be 10-6.

Bills would have had the same record as the chiefs at 11-5 but would have the tie breaker on them.

Assuming the Bills beat the Jets next week, they were just a few yards away from being the 1 seed.

Crazy to think as it doesn't feel like it and it just shows how tight the AFC is.

Can't wait for the playoffs though and let's hope the bills can lock up the division next week

Just think a slip by Josh in Tennessee …losing 9-6 to the Jags…if Diggs wasn’t interfered with in Tampa… and if the winds arent 60 MPH against NE the first time…the Bills are 14-2 funny the way that works 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The loss to the Titans... (I think it was around 3 yards they needed for the TD when Josh slipped on the 4th and 1)

Bills would have had the same record as the chiefs at 11-5 but would have the tie breaker on them.

Excellent observation!  This really highlights that EVERY play counts.  When the Bills prepare to repeat as World Champions next season ( 😉 ), this will provide excellent motivational material for McDermott throughout the season that any given play can make or break a game and much, much more in the big picture - got to bring 'A' game play-in and play-out.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Assuming the Bills beat the Jets next week, they were just a few yards away from being the 1 seed.

Crazy to think as it doesn't feel like it and it just shows how tight the AFC is.

Can't wait for the playoffs though and let's hope the bills can lock up the division next week

What's crazy to me was scoring only 6 points against a 1-6, 30th ranked defense of the Jacksonville Jaguars losing 6-10. Literally no excuse to lose a game like this. At the half some serious changes should have taken place. Alas, the Bills didn't score a single point in that second half...

FG, FG, punt, punt, INT, INT, punt, fumble, downs. Only 9 rushes by the Bills RBs, 47 pass attempts, 4 sacks on Allen. 

The Titans game was a good close game and anything can happen in a game like that. That Jags game will haunt me if the Bills falter in getting to the big game this season.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I dont think seeding means that much. Our best bet is to not play the Colts again.

Top seed matters.  A week to rest, one less game to win to get to the Super Bowl, and home field throughout the playoffs.

That doesn't mean much?

Agree with you, OP. That was a tough break.

The Titans' record since Derrick Henry went out shows they are a very solid team. And Buffalo faced them at full strength.

I am concerned that the Bills' passing attack doesn't look in sync--Rodgers to Adams last night looked psychic and unstoppable by comparison.

However: if the power running game continues to emerge, the Bills' passing game will open back up.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

It doesn't work like this. If we won that game, all other games would've gone differently.

7 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Or we could have not lost stupidly to the Jaguars and Steelers. But it is what it is, sadly. I bet the Bills wish they could have "do overs", lol.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Top seed matters.  A week to rest, one less game to win to get to the Super Bowl, and home field throughout the playoffs.

That doesn't mean much?

The bye would be useful but I don’t think we have much of a home field advantage this year.

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

That doesn't mean much?

One less game is a big factor. Rest is debatable; many teams fall flat after a bye week. I believe home teams have a losing record overall this season. It means something - until it doesn’t. 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas ;)

0-5 in one score games killed them.

Last year they were 5-1

They have flaws but so does every other team...look at the Bucs yesterday barely squeaking past the Jests.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas ;)

0-5 in one score games killed them.

Last year they were 5-1

They have flaws but so does every other team...look at the Bucs yesterday barely squeaking past the Jests.

For sure, I wasn't making excuses for them.

It was more just an observation

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

It's not even about the Titans, even with still losing that game had the Bills taken care of business against the Steelers and Jaguars they are still sitting in the #1 seed right now and in control of that destiny.

The Jags game is the true killer though because they'd be guaranteed #2 at worse right now by not losing to what is clearly the worst team in the league this year.

So many what if close loses. Blocked punt, the slip, the no pi on Diggs. The offense craps the bed v Jags. At least the Colts had the decency of exposing our weak run defense. This was far from a perfect season but 11 wins and another division would be sweet. There are no dominant teams this season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.