Harrison Philips: how important is it for the Bills to re-sign him?

Beerball

He is again a stalwart on D and appears to be back to his pre-injury form.  He's also in the final year of his contract.  On a scale of 1-10, how important do you think it is that Beane re-sign him?  I assume/hope we are close to seeing the last of (nota) Star in a Bills uni so that also increases the need o resign Harry. 

Personally I put re-signing him at an 8, maybe a 7.5 on the low side.

What say you?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

I really like his game as of late. I don’t know what you pay him though. He’s been mediocre more than he’s been impressive. But he’s been impressive lately. I’d like to draft a Vita Vea type, but there are no guarantees on draft day or how they pan out after that. 

2 years, $10M, $6M guaranteed? He makes more money. We get a discount. He can get a new contract sooner rather than later for a bigger pay day? 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Mango said:

I really like his game as of late. I don’t know what you pay him though. He’s been mediocre more than he’s been impressive. But he’s been impressive lately. I’d like to draft a Vita Vea type, but there are no guarantees on draft day or how they pan out after that. 

2 years, $10M, $6M guaranteed? He makes more money. We get a discount. He can get a new contract sooner rather than later for a bigger pay day? 

Hes a 2 year 3.3-3.5 a year guy.   Hopefully get a bigger 1 tech to split reps with him and cut Star after training camp.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hes a 2 year 3.3-3.5 a year guy.   Hopefully get a bigger 1 tech to split reps with him and cut Star after training camp.

He'll get a lot more than that if he tests the market. He's a starting DT. He'll probably get more term too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Very important, we dont have a lot of playmakers on the Dline so we should definitely keep him, Zimmer and Oliver are top 3

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm right with you.

With Star and Butler certainly on the way out the door, Harry is a must-keep so they can devote their available resources to the OLine.

I think we can get talent for both lines, and obviously should keep Phillips

13 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

He's injured. I'm not sure if he will need surgery( haven't read or seen anything ) but he's been playing through it this season. 

The man deserves a contract though and I hope they do sign him. 

What injury ?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Very important, we dont have a lot of playmakers on the Dline so we should definitely keep him, Zimmer and Oliver are top 3

I think we can get talent for both lines, and obviously should keep Phillips

What injury ?

I think he had a sprained or a torn pcl…something like that 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Jordan Davis

"It's not very often you see a lineman with this combination of size and strength (6' 6" 340lbs). It's rarer for a man of his size to put it all together and produce and that's exactly what he has done during his time at Georgia. "

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jordan-Davis-DL-Georgia

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

It would be a shame to lose Wallace after he finally has the game figured out!

I dont see any reason not to resign him.  Hes been a quality starter in the defense for awhile now.  Probably a 7 million dollar a year guy but rather spend that on a guy already in the program than a wish and a hope in free agency.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He'll get a lot more than that if he tests the market. He's a starting DT. He'll probably get more term too.

Depends if he wants to test the market.  To me he doesnt have enough pass rush to be a true 3 tech and isnt big enough to be a full time 1 tech.  Great team guy but he isnt a plug and play 100% of the snap starter that will demand 8 to 10 a year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.