Playoff picture

TwistofFate

30 minutes ago, arcane said:

Just for fun, what would we be looking at right now had we lost the NE game? What would we need to make the playoffs? 

We wouldn't be division winners. 

There would be 4 9-7 and 1 8-8 (Baltmore) + a. 8-7 (if Steelers win on MNF)  vying for 3 Playoff spots. 

Since Chargers and Raiders play and one will not be 10-7, we would be punching our ticket to the Playoffs.

Pretty sure the Pats would get smoked if they played the Bills again. It was completely a fluke the Pats won that first game. Hopefully the playoffs end up like:

1. Titans 2. Chiefs 3. Bengals 4. Bills and they win and the Bills get to go to Tenn and the Chiefs and Bengals get to duke it out again. The Colts and Chargers can upset anyone. I do think it ends up 5. Patriots 6. Colts 7. Chargers. I don't mind the Bills playing the division winners; keep the Colts away.

36 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Pretty sure the Pats would get smoked if they played the Bills again. It was completely a fluke the Pats won that first game. Hopefully the playoffs end up like:

1. Titans 2. Chiefs 3. Bengals 4. Bills and they win and the Bills get to go to Tenn and the Chiefs and Bengals get to duke it out again. The Colts and Chargers can upset anyone. I do think it ends up 5. Patriots 6. Colts 7. Chargers. I don't mind the Bills playing the division winners; keep the Colts away.

I’m still more afraid of the Chiefs out of anyone. Especially without Tre. At some point a legitimate QB is going to test our secondary. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.. still think Chiefs are favorite to come out of AFC. 

I mean I do share some concern with Indy (Taylor) and Tenn (healthy Henry). But a lethal Mahomes +Kelce/Hill is more dangerous imo. 

If KC ever manages to draft a RB like Taylor, I’m not sure they are beatable. We lack to many pieces to compete with that. Not saying we couldn’t someday compete with that kind of threat, but we still need a lot of help. 

TN with a fresh Derrick Henry back is going to be a load for everyone.  The guys backing him up have done a decent job.  They are 3rd in the league in rushing and the run D is best in the league.  Their defense has gotten awfully good quietly as the season has gone.  They have the most injuries in NFL history and they seem to be getting healthy at the right time.  Their D destroyed Miami today.  

The only thing that worries me about a Pats rematch is we had to convert a lot of 3rd and 4th downs to score as much as we did on them and it's hard to rely on that consistency. Then again so did the Pats offense. They would still be my 2nd most desired wildcard matchup, Raiders being the 1st. The Colts in our stadium with who knows what kind of weather, that is a matchup I dread.

27 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Vegas isn't beating the Chargers lol

The Chargers are like us this year, they can win or lose to anyone. They got blown out by the Texans with a bunch of Texans starters on the covid list. Their run defense might be the worst I've ever seen. Waller could be back for the Raiders. Chargers are currently favored by 2.5... Not a gimme pick by any means.

I just don't want the Bengals. Mixon is the type of back to give us fits and that passing game is incredible. It's like they have three #1's right now, one of them being quite possibly the best rookie WR to ever do it. 

I have no fear of the Pats or Titans again, but think I'd rather see the Pats. Vrabel is conducing some sorcery this year, I don't understand half of the Titans wins. Plus I'm reading that Henry is expected back, so yeah give me the Pats again.

Alright now that I've checked all scenarios it seems like the Bengals are very unlikely. Hopefully whoever sees them first takes them out.

Edited by Nelius

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If we start from the premise we are almost certainly the #4 then here is how I think it lays out (our slim chance of being the #3 is for a Burrow-less Bengals to lose to the Browns next week).

Scenario 1: 

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Buffalo plays New England in the wildcard

Scenario 2:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LAC beats LV

Buffalo plays Indianapolis in the wildcard

Scenario 3:

NE beats MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Buffalo plays New England in the wildcard

Scenario 4:

NE loses to MIA

IND beats JAX

LV beats LAC

Buffalo plays Las Vegas in the wildcard

Not sure if this was asked later one, but what happens if Cincy lose to Browns and Bills win moving them up to 3 seed?

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

#1 Titans > Texans

#2 Chiefs > Broncos 

#3 Bills > Jets

#4 Bengals < Browns

#4 Pats > Miami

#6 Vegas > Chargers
#7 Colts > Jacksonville

We can also draw Vegas with a Cincy win, and a Pats loss. 

Raiders and Pats would both be 10-7 with 8-4 conference record. How does Vegas win that tiebreaker?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.