Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Beasley got knocked off his route and then stopped.  If he keeps running it's a completion.  Of Allen's 3 INT's today only 1 is on Allen - the goofy hero ball throw into the end zone.

One thing that bothered me a bit is that our WR's aren't built for a slippery, snow covered field.  They looked tentative running their patterns and the lack of size takes away the WR screen where we don't have the type of WR's that break tackles or make blocks at the point of attack.  Atlanta had success with that kind of pass today.

yeah I dont think I agree it seemed that Diggs was able to perform pretty effectively and Beasley had a good game too. I'll have to rewatch and see if I notice what you mentioned. Thanks

m

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Am I the only one who thought Josh played a great game? Two tipped ball picks are what they are. The overthrow pick was not good. But he was also throwing some darts, and converting a lot of 3rd and longs. 

Weirdly enough, even with a bad passer rating, he was throwing the ball well, IMO. 

I think with Allen the stats are never going to tell the whole story.  This is like Farve back in the day and Jackson today. 

Consider the following: after throwing 3 INT's in 4 passes and seeing the Bills go from a red zone possession leading 14 - 5 to Atlanta leading 15 - 14 early in the 3rd quarter Allen had every reason to be rattled.  Instead, taking the ball at the 20 yard line Allen leads the Bills on an 80 yard TD drive using his legs and arms and then converts the 2 pt conversion to take a one TD lead.  On their next possession he leads the Bills on another long drive to go up by 2 TD's and effectively end the game. That's big boy football on a cold, snowy and blustery day.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I have re-watched the 4th and 1 josh Allen conversion today a few times. It was the read option to McKenzie where Josh pulled it back.

I know Josh felt like he needed to convert that himself. But if he hands that ball off to MCK, McK scores a TD. A really well designed play. 

Not to nitpick— but that was a clever play call, and would like to see that run again down the road but with Josh trusting McK on that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Wacka said:

If I read the pregame thread correctly, is't JA17  now # 3 on the Bills rushing TD list to OJ and Thurman?

On the news after the game they said he is now tied at #3 with Cookie Gilchrist.

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

yeah I dont think I agree it seemed that Diggs was able to perform pretty effectively and Beasley had a good game too. I'll have to rewatch and see if I notice what you mentioned. Thanks

m

On Allen's first INT in the end zone watch Diggs slip and slide on his butt coming out of a cut.  It was a serious wipe out on the ice. Again I think the lack of size with our WR group is a disadvantage in a game with today's field conditions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

On Allen's first INT in the end zone watch Diggs slip and slide on his butt coming out of a cut.  It was a serious wipe out on the ice. Again I think the lack of size with our WR group is a disadvantage in a game with today's field conditions.

They sure dropped a lot of passes early. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think with Allen the stats are never going to tell the whole story.  This is like Farve back in the day and Jackson today. 

Consider the following: after throwing 3 INT's in 4 passes and seeing the Bills go from a red zone possession leading 14 - 5 to Atlanta leading 15 - 14 early in the 3rd quarter Allen had every reason to be rattled.  Instead, taking the ball at the 20 yard line Allen leads the Bills on an 80 yard TD drive using his legs and arms and then converts the 2 pt conversion to take a one TD lead.  On their next possession he leads the Bills on another long drive to go up by 2 TD's and effectively end the game. That's big boy football on a cold, snowy and blustery day.

I repeat: Allen’s performance today really defines the difference between being a quarterback and being a passer. Too many of us let the position be defined by the latter when it’s so much more than that. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They sure dropped a lot of passes early. 

Kinda to be expected with conditions no?? Was no surprise to me, but it wasn't a "Lot" as you said though. Unless I missed some, I believe I only saw 3 or so drops?? I wouldn't consider that a "lot" by any means considering the conditions..

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I repeat: Allen’s performance today really defines the difference between being a quarterback and being a passer. Too many of us let the position be defined by the latter when it’s so much more than that. 

Definitely agree... Only thing I would have liked to see less of is designed QB runs especially when the RB's are having lots of success. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Just now using the ESPN playoff machine and it looks like if the Bills win, Browns win, and Raiders win (assuming the Pats beat the dolphins) we would likely be the 3 seed hosting the Raiders (which I think I would take right now).

Agreed. Of all the likely options, I want the West Coast-adjacent team that plays indoors and has Derek Carr at QB coming to Buffalo in January (fingers crossed for freezing but non-windy/non-snowy conditions!). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ask a legitimate question and you will get an answer…

So no one here consistently complains about the league being anti Buffalo?  The term rigged gets thrown around every time the Bills lose.  So again.. I guess the Bills game wasn’t “rigged” this week since the Bills won right?  
It’s a yes or no question.  Try to focus enough to generate an answer.  NOT rigged this week right?

11 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Perhaps posted elsewhere, but has a team whose qb's rating was 17 and lost the turnover battle 4-1 EVER won a football game, much less by 14 points?

Surprised it hasn’t been out there yet. It seems unlikely 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Surprised it hasn’t been out there yet. It seems unlikely 

Probably unlikely. We've been beaten twice by teams that only had 2 completions, but not such a bad turnover ratio.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2009/10/12/browns-snap-10-game-losing-streak-derek-anderson-has-epic-game/

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Added link to Cleveland game debacle

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.