Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Despite the fumble, what’s the deal with Stevenson on kick returns?  It’s almost like he is running so fast initially that he’s running into the back of his blockers before they can set up their blocks.  Feel he needs to be a little more patient then hit the jets.  

Looks like he runs into a waiting defender also to get "boom shocka locka-ed" with a big time hit

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

After a game where Josh wasn’t exceptional, it was nice to see another player step up (Motor). That’s what great teams do.

and the Bills have proven it this year when Tre went down, Cody Ford, the covid mess, our resilient Bills carried forward Next Man Up......,....the names are like Kumerow and McKenzie and Taron Johnson ...Good tidings Indeed. and today Harry brought his best game to the table. Im so proud of my team!~!~!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Regarding McKenzie and Stevenson, the big difference is that Stevenson is a rookie, and McKenzie isn't.

Don't forget, Stevenson didn't drop the football untouched - his mistake really, was not to call for a fair catch, as the defender was going to be on him.

Didnt he return for 12 yds before he fumbled?

22 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It would appear to be a shoot out. 

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No he took like 2 steps and the guy put his head on the ball.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Josh's 2nd INT kinda looked like a miscommunication with Bease from what I could tell....however I have got to give that CB some love because that was one hell of a catch..

Beasley got knocked off his route and then stopped.  If he keeps running it's a completion.  Of Allen's 3 INT's today only 1 is on Allen - the goofy hero ball throw into the end zone.

One thing that bothered me a bit is that our WR's aren't built for a slippery, snow covered field.  They looked tentative running their patterns and the lack of size takes away the WR screen where we don't have the type of WR's that break tackles or make blocks at the point of attack.  Atlanta had success with that kind of pass today.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Beasley got knocked off his route and then stopped.  If he keeps running it's a completion.  Of Allen's 3 INT's today only 1 is on Allen - the goofy hero ball throw into the end zone.

One thing that bothered me a bit is that our WR's aren't built for a slippery, snow covered field.  They looked tentative running their patterns and the lack of size takes away the WR screen where we don't have the type of WR's that break tackles or make blocks at the point of attack.  Atlanta had success with that kind of pass today.

Yeah you could tell Bease wasn't expecting it to come his way....Yeah the tipped INT, I agree and for sure believed he was going to/should have thrown that ball away

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Serious question. Did the all the passes early setup the running success later, or was the defense overplaying the pass right from beginning and we should have been running instead of throwing every down?

The passes definitely helped set up the run.  Also as bad as Allen was throwing the ball today he put on a clinic on how to run the read option.  Allen and Singleterry combined for nearly 200 rushing yards and 4 TD's.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No. He might have gone 1 or 2 yds before he got hit, but not put together. ;)

Sadly there's a 'highlight' of it on nfl.com when you go to the game score.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kudos to McK for being a great teammate but SMD head at this

Yeah I commented on this up thread...he didn't want to stick with McK when he fumbled though. Don't know if McK would have done better at KR or not today, but I was nervous each time Stevenson touched the ball. With the slippery conditions I suppose i would have been nervous with McK also though...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.