Article - Trade for Saquon in the offseason? Apparently Twitter thinks so 🤔

JerseyBills

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

"Twitter Speculates a Potential Saquon Barkley Trade to Bills | Heavy.com" https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-giants/saquon-barkley-trade-rumors-bills-twitter/amp/

I just stumbled across this article and they make a case for Barkley going to Buffalo.

What do you guys think? He's a super hard worker and is always working on his craft. 

I'm not sure if he lost a step or if teams just load the box against a Gmen team with no real passing game. 

He checks all the boxes McBeane look for in a player but the price would have to be fairly low imo for them to consider this trade because of the injuries.  Availability is still the most important trait of any player..

What you guys think? It's an interesting scenario 

You got fooled on that article or you are the writer... the "Twitter SPeculates part" is from a guy with 3 likes and another tweet with zero likes, and one with 1 like... this is really reaching the bottom of the barrel for a story. 

You search Twitter I can bet you can find a tweet about Russell Wilson to the Bills doesn't mean "Twitter Speculates"

This is the type of thing that shows you spend too much time on twitter.

Edited by TBBills

12 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Barkley and a 2022 2nd rounder for Edmunds and a 2022 4th rounder.  Use cap savings draft on a true MLB and OL.  

Replace a pro bowl LB with a rookie for a team that thinks they're close to a super bowl appearance. Hope not. 

11 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

One year $7.2M for a generational RB for a team that desperately needs one. 

You take that risk. Beane could make it work salary cap wise.  

Don't overthink this. 

Shawne Merriman-one year at big bucks for a generational LB for a team that desperately needs one.  You take the risk.  Don't overthink this.  

Really?  What makes you think an oft injured underachiever who has done virtually nothing the last 2 seasons is a generational RB?  He had a great rookie year, declined in his sophomore season & has been invisible the last 2.  

You know what other RB had his best year as a rookie?  Terry Miller. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Really?  What makes you think an oft injured underachiever who has done virtually nothing the last 2 seasons is a generational RB?  He had a great rookie year, declined in his sophomore season & has been invisible the last 2.  

I have little interest in the Bills trading for a RB when the real issue is the OLine, but this take isn't really fair to Barkley.

He had ~ 1500 yrds from scrimmage in his second season with no QB behind a horrific OLine when he was the only threat on the field and every opposing coach and player was keying on him every snap. That's a pretty galdanged impressive outing to call it a "decline".

He tore an ACL at the beginning of the next year, which he was just recovering from barely 1 year later when he stepped on a linemen's foot and hurt an ankle he's been playing through all season.

Barkley's a stand up kid, a ferocious worker and a high quality human being. If he ends up getting out of that gawdawful mess in New Jersey and finds himself on even an average offense next season, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win some sort of Comeback Player of the Year award.

16 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

"Twitter Speculates a Potential Saquon Barkley Trade to Bills | Heavy.com" https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-giants/saquon-barkley-trade-rumors-bills-twitter/amp/

I just stumbled across this article and they make a case for Barkley going to Buffalo.

What do you guys think? He's a super hard worker and is always working on his craft. 

I'm not sure if he lost a step or if teams just load the box against a Gmen team with no real passing game. 

He checks all the boxes McBeane look for in a player but the price would have to be fairly low imo for them to consider this trade because of the injuries.  Availability is still the most important trait of any player..

Terrible.  Heavy.com just reports chatter on Twitter.  There’s no reliable source behind this article.  Might as well publish “Bills will fire Sean McDermott after NE according to TSW”

16 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I’d give a fourth.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I have little interest in the Bills trading for a RB when the real issue is the OLine, but this take isn't really fair to Barkley.

He had ~ 1500 yrds from scrimmage in his second season when he was the only threat on the field and every opposing coach and player was keying on him every snap. That's a pretty galdanged impressive outing to call it a "decline".

He tore an ACL at the beginning of the next year, which he was just recovering from barely 1 year later when he stepped on a linemen's foot and hurt an ankle he's been playing through all season.

Barkley's a stand up kid, a ferocious worker and a high quality human being. If he ends up getting out of that gawdawful mess in New Jersey and finds himself on even an average offense next season, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win some sort of Comeback Player of the Year award.

Even if he wins comeback player, he will either leave for big $ or become a salary cap nightmare.  If he wasn't entering his final contract year as a huge? , he'd be a lot more appealing.  There's no way the Bills can justify extending him before next season & no respectable agent would let him sign an extension at the lowest point of his market value.  Not a good business decision to rent a ? at $7.2 million.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.