Could McD be (unintentionally) sabotaging the OLine by refusing to give Bates a shot??

Big Turk

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

😳😲🤦‍♂️  

I’m guessing there’s only one way you could have started here in 2003 and still make moronic threads like this without getting beat up a lot as a kid. Your Dad started it in your name on the day you were born. 

How is it moronic? Bates came in and played very well when pressed into duty. Watching Ford getting eaten alive apparently is better just so we have Bates in case someone like Ford gets hurt tho?

McD is the one who said he won't start him because he is too valuable.

Edited by Big Turk

On 12/31/2021 at 9:36 PM, Big Turk said:

McD is on record as saying he likes having Bates as a backup in case something happens to the starters because he can play every position on the line...

But that versatility is the the reason why he hasn't gotten a shot in the lineup...which is frustrating because the OLine might have played their best game of the year against the Pats with him in there.

So essentially, Bates could be a missing piece of the puzzle to the OLine issues but we will never find out because once Ford/Feliciano are back and ready to play, Bates goes to the bench because he is "too valuable to lose". 

WTF kind of logic is that?

and the 2021 troll post of the year IS.......

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

oh please... you know exactly what your doing when you write posts like this in this format.

I don't but since you seem to have all the answers feel free to let me in on the secret

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Wyatt Teller to Cleveland was Sabotage :w00t:

Spain and Mongo were doing well at guard at the time.

Spain seems to have found a home with the Bengals and is playing ok

He has a PFF rating of 72.4 after dropping to 55 his last year in Buffalo

Which was Tellers second in Cleveland

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Seems mcdermott either cant evaluate the oline players or he has left it up to an assistant who cant...we have been brutal on the line

Wouldn't say "brutal", but there have been some games they have struggled (especially the games some were out due to injury etc)...

But last week they did a hell of a job and hopefully they continue 

• Like (+1) 1

You could be on to something.  In my simple observational opinion, ever since he's been on the team I thought he's looked no less than decent while on the field.  Granted, much of that limited playing time was preseason against lesser talent, but whenever pressed into regular season duty, not just last week, he's looked good to me.  Beeen saying to my son for a while now I'd like to see him in there.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.