Flying in to take my sons to their first Bills game on Sunday

Flying in from Chicago with my 15 & 13 year old sons for the game. My wife got us the tickets & hotel for Christmas. My sons are both also huge fans, and they're pumped. We've been trying to get to Buffalo the past few seasons, but their own sports always conflicted with the home schedule. I used to fly out for a game every year, but haven't been to the Ralph since 05'. My boys have been to other NFL games, but never seen "their team" in-person.

We get in Friday night, and have all of Saturday to do whatever we want. We're planning on hitting Bar Bill sometime Saturday to knock out both Wings & Beef on Weck, but need some recommendations on other stuff to see/do. We obviously can't hit Chippewa until 2am, but sports bars/restaurants are fair game.

I'll only have a rental car, so no tailgate supplies. Are there food trucks or anybody selling food outside the stadium?

How early do we need to arrive at the stadium?

My boys really want to see Pinto Ron & hopefully somebody destroy a folding table. What area of the lots would we find that?

Best place to park to get out after & make a 7:30pm flight?

Anything must see/must eat while we're in town?

Considering going to the Falls, but not sure. Is the border a hassle with Covid going on?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 11

11 minutes ago, 947 said:

Flying in from Chicago with my 15 & 13 year old sons for the game. My wife got us the tickets & hotel for Christmas. My sons are both also huge fans, and they're pumped. We've been trying to get to Buffalo the past few seasons, but their own sports always conflicted with the home schedule. I used to fly out for a game every year, but haven't been to the Ralph since 05'. My boys have been to other NFL games, but never seen "their team" in-person.

We get in Friday night, and have all of Saturday to do whatever we want. We're planning on hitting Bar Bill sometime Saturday to knock out both Wings & Beef on Weck, but need some recommendations on other stuff to see/do. We obviously can't hit Chippewa until 2am, but sports bars/restaurants are fair game.

I'll only have a rental car, so no tailgate supplies. Are there food trucks or anybody selling food outside the stadium?

My boys really want to see Pinto Ron & hopefully somebody destroy a folding table. What area of the lots would we find that?

Considering going to the Falls, but not sure. Is the border a hassle with Covid going on?

Congrats to you and your son's! It's a right of passage going to the Ralph 

Pinto Ron Is at hammers lot 

And you can find the table breaking shenanigans in the massive grass lot right next to the stadium parking lot

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Congrats to you and your son's! It's a right of passage going to the Ralph 

Pinto Ron Is at hammers lot 

And you can find the table breaking shenanigans in the massive grass lot right next to the stadium parking lot

I would suggest parking in the ECC lots if you want to both get out easy and see Pinro Ron (Kenny), but note that the ketchup and mustard show has been retired. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, 947 said:

You should see the falls. Just stay on the US side and check out Goat Island and then the overlooks near Bridal Veil Falls. You can get really close. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, 947 said:

there are various food trucks near the stadium outside the gates. Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

I took both my sons when they turned 16 as a rite of passage. Cemented die hard Bills fans. Congrats on an event your kids will never forget. That beats “things” hands down!  They probably don’t need an extra sweater. My kids have no idea what they got for their 16th DBay or. Christmas, but they will NEVER forget that trip! Well done! Tell the wife she done good!  😋

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the replies. Sucks that there's no more ketchup/mustard, I've seen vids but was hoping to catch it in person.

Guess we'll be dressing warmer than expected. I've never been at the Ralph past November, so I'll expect it to be frigid.

My 15yr old has his learners permit, but I don't think I trust him to drive in game day traffic, so I'll limit consumption to pre-game.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Stay on the US side, then not issues with the boarder.  Admittedly view is better and overall nicer on Canadian side, but wouldn't want to deal with the boarder right now.  They may not let you back into US, you never know.

Dress warm. I've been to a few games when the weather is in the 20s. Make sure you have proper foot attire. I can attest that there's nothing worse than your feet being completely numb for 8+ hours. Dress warm head to toe. Always best to be over prepared for the cold weather games 

Edited by Steptide

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dress warm, forget Duffs and go to Charlie the Butcher's for Beef on Weck.  You can get wings anywhere, you can only get good beef on weck in Buffalo

Get both.  That's what I do when I'm in town!  :)

Also, to the OP.  Jealous man.  Your boys are going to have a BLAST!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.