OT Where does Russ Wilson end up?

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  Someone is going to trade a bounty to get Russ based on who he used to be then realize he is not that guy anymore and just be stuck in mediocrity while he is there.  

He is no longer top 5.  He isn’t going to be able to carry a mediocre roster, he already can’t do that in Seattle.  Some bad team is going to over pay in draft assets, then lack the tools to build a winning roster around him and be saddled with his cap hits too.  

See Seattle…rinse and repeat.  

I hope it’s the Jets.  

I agree, except I don’t think anyone will trade more than two firsts for R Wilson at this point.  And it definitely won’t be the Jets.  They are not moving on from Zack Wilson.

• Agree 1

Living in Pittsburgh, it's constantly the talk of fans/media that they'll get Russ or Rodgers.  But those media clued in don't believe it, and I find it difficult to believe too.

Steelers will roll with Rudolph, very likely, with a draft pick behind him.  

Their roster is no where near a super bowl caliber team.  Their defense has underperformed, as the rush defense fell apart and Haden is out of the lineup alot (he's also gone after this yr) in a suspect secondary.  Their oline is worse than ours and needs alot of work.

My guess is the Broncos will find a way to lure in a QB in the AFC, or Saints would be an interesting team to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Philly has a QB that I'd say ain't much worse than the 'I just hit a wall wilson'

He ruptured a tendon, had two fractures and a dislocation on his throwing hand like 90 days ago.  It’s malpractice that they rushed him back.  Assuming he makes a full recovery, he’s an elite QB.  Hopefully he’s not causing permanent damage by playing in meaningless games.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Living in Pittsburgh, it's constantly the talk of fans/media that they'll get Russ or Rodgers.  But those media clued in don't believe it, and I find it difficult to believe too.

Steelers will roll with Rudolph, very likely, with a draft pick behind him.  

Their roster is no where near a super bowl caliber team.  Their defense has underperformed, as the rush defense fell apart and Haden is out of the lineup alot (he's also gone after this yr) in a suspect secondary.  Their oline is worse than ours and needs alot of work.

My guess is the Broncos will find a way to lure in a QB in the AFC, or Saints would be an interesting team to watch.

Yep…a blockbuster deal for someone like Wilson is just not the Steeler Way…and as you said, they don’t have a Super Bowl roster right now.  They squandered their first round pick last year and they have a lot of work to do.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, mannc said:

Yep…a blockbuster deal for someone like Wilson is just not the Steeler Way…and as you said, they don’t have a Super Bowl roster right now.  They squandered their first round pick last year and they have a lot of work to do.

I think Mitch is the guy for them next year. Nice wr's, tight end and rb just need to get some o line help in the draft and they could have a nice offense

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Nope but all have been rumored to be available and many will have a say where they can be traded to.  I expect Pittsburgh to be an attractive option 

I expect it will be attractive, but only to limited QBs.  I don’t expect they will make an attractive offer to get anyone and I think Russ made it clear before - his Wife is a big part of the decision - so I don’t think Pittsburgh is a viable option at all for Russ.

I think Russ wants NY metro or Miami and the Seahawks would prefer someplace east coast and away.  I think this works itself out.

I think Rodgers either stays put or works out a Denver trade - only with a HC change to an offensive guy he approves of - ex Hackett etc.

I think the Miami/Giants loser and Carolina battle it out over Watson.

I think Pittsburgh has drafted a few QBs and will look to pick up a younger veteran like Bridgewater/Lock or Jordan Love if Rodgers stays and signs an extension.  I could really see Kirk Cousins end up here if he leaves Minny - he would be the ideal replacement for what they want to become.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I think Mitch is the guy for them next year. Nice wr's, tight end and rb just need to get some o line help in the draft and they could have a nice offense

Signing Trubisky would be a much better option than trading a ton of draft picks for someone who’s on his last legs. As I said, that’s just not the Steeler way.  And they have a lot of other needs, like DB, OL.

• Disagree 1

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  Someone is going to trade a bounty to get Russ based on who he used to be then realize he is not that guy anymore and just be stuck in mediocrity while he is there.  

He is no longer top 5.  He isn’t going to be able to carry a mediocre roster, he already can’t do that in Seattle.  Some bad team is going to over pay in draft assets, then lack the tools to build a winning roster around him and be saddled with his cap hits too.  

See Seattle…rinse and repeat.  

I hope it’s the Jets.  

In what universe is Metcalf and Lockett a mediocre roster? If Allen had Metcalf or Lockett as a #2 it’s over and we are instant super bowl favorites. If Russ can’t make it in Seattle, he isn’t going to make it anywhere else with the exception of maybe Tampa. 

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

In what universe is Metcalf and Lockett a mediocre roster? If Allen had Metcalf or Lockett as a #2 it’s over and we are instant super bowl favorites. If Russ can’t make it in Seattle, he isn’t going to make it anywhere else with the exception of maybe Tampa. 

I actually think the guy is pulling a personal tank-job to get out of Seattle.  He’s too young to have just fallen off a cliff…I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return to form for a new team next year.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So 2 WR's mean its a great roster?  Sorry, I just dont get that logic.  Lions had Staffford and Calvin and some other good weapons...didnt matter, and Calvin is arguably top 3 all time.  Texans had Watson, Hopkins and Fuller...didnt matter.  I mean I could make a list 100 teams long without breaking a sweat who had some very good offensive players but were overall a mediocre roster or worse.  And neither Locket or Metcalf are any where as close to as good as those receivers I just mentioned.   

So, yeah, Seattle is barely a mediocre roster.  Their defense stinks, and so does their OL.  The only reason its even considered mediocre is because of Wilson, Metcalf and Locket.  Take any one of those 3 off that team and falls to the bottom of the league.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.