AFC Playoff Picture Week 17 Rooting Interests

EmotionallyUnstable

On 12/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, TBBills said:

I don't see the need for rooting interest... just win out.

You don't see the need for rooting interest???  Yes, I agree, win out and we take division and are in.  That part is great I agree.  But if the playoff picture stays the way it is now we are lined up with the Colts in the first round.  Not exactly our best matchup to start.  Think it would be much better for Cincy to lose and the Bills move up to the 3rd seed and avoid that scenerio.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Partially Agree, but lets not stop there, also go for a win from Steelers and Rams too.  But no lets go Chiefs.  Bills aren't getting the #1 seed think I heard there's a 2% chance, Titans would need to lose two along with Chiefs and likely more losses than possibly can happen. Yes we beat the Chiefs, but other than a two way tie with them for the top spot, we'd lose most other tie breakers, i.e. Titans bet both us and Chiefs.

On the other hand the 3 seed is doable as can see the teams in the North all beating each other up, and have a little bit of a shot at the 2 seed, but not likely as can't see the Titans losing two.  Even then the Colts may still be ahead.

Beside Bills winning out…they need

1. KC LL

2. TEN Not get one W or 2 ties and win division by Indy not going WW

3.  Cincinnati not go WW.  

Bills seed = 4- the count of those events occurring 

If you get MIA W, BAL W, IND L, LV W , LAC W.  All at 9-7 and NE 10-6

Mia beat NE

Bal beat Ind, LAC

LV beat MIA, IND, BAL

NE beat LAC

IND beat MIA, NE

conf records are

NE, LV IND 2-3.   LV is 4-1 vs NE 2-3 in common games.LV has edge on NE 

LAC MIA 3-2. MIA is 4-1 vs 2-3 in common games. MIA has edge

BAL 3-1

for week 18 

10-6 NE win they are in. Lose they need help.

MIA-BAL-IND-LV   Order is LV, IND, MIA, NE, BAL.  for BAL to get in they need LAC W and NE W

MIA-BAL-IND-LAC. Order is IND, MIA, NE, BAL, LAC for LAC to  get in they need L by MIA and either BAL or IND L

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills will clinch with a win and Ravens loss.  I dont understand what you are saying.

It's weird because if pats, bills and ravens win while phins lose, only pats clinch playoff spot even though bills are ahead of pats and have the division

8 minutes ago, motorj said:

It's weird because if pats, bills and ravens win while phins lose, only pats clinch playoff spot even though bills are ahead of pats and have the division

Ah I see.  Its because the Pats have a better conference record by one game.  Im not worried about it.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Just some notes on playoff scenarios in the AFC

The Browns will win the AFC Central if KC beats the Bengals sunday, the Browns beat the Steelers Monday night, and then the Browns, at home, beat the Bengals in week 18..

Who's going to tell him who the Browns's QB is?

On 12/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, What a Tuel said:

Yep, they should make it simple and remove the tie scenarios until that may come up.

Buffalo clinches playoff berth with:

BUF win + BAL loss or tie OR
BUF win + LAC loss or tie + LV loss or tie OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LAC loss + LV loss OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LAC loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LV loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LAC Loss + LV loss OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LAC loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LV loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + LAC loss + LV loss + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie

I hate ties. Just eliminate them

Here's the fun part...we can root for who we want to.  It's nice to know what affects what, but in the end our rooting interests don't actually influence other games.  Those that want to root one way to try and get to the #1 spot can.  Those that want to root for different outcomes to consolidate #3 or such can.  We don't have to agree because in the end all our rooting for any non-Bills game doesn't amount to a hill 'o beans.  So all you all just root how you want...except for the Bills...root for the Bills!!!...and see how this weekend turns out.  No use turning on one another for not rooting the same way you do...unless you root against Buffalo...that's a hangin' offense. 😉

5 hours ago, cd1 said:

he must be resting for his trip to the Pro Bowl. 

😆

Wow the Raiders beat the Colts!!!

Ravens lose  1 at the closing moments 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dolphins blew it. All the other games broke our way to at least try for #1 seed the final week.

We'll get the #2 seed if KC and Bengals lose next week and we win. Not impossible depending on Burrow's injury. KC is playing on the road vs Broncos who have a good defense (terrible offense though...).

We should root for the Broncos and Browns this week, so Broncos and Browns will have something to play for next week.

It's looking like we're going to play the Colts or Pats at home for the wild card.

Edited by DapperCam

Updated playoffs….

Bills and Pats clinch playoff spots

Titans are #1. Clinch division 

KC #2 clinch division 

Cincinnati #3 clinch division 

Buffalo #4

Patriots  #5

vegas at #6

Colts at #7

with games to come  Chargers play.  If they win they charges over take Vegas in standing but they face each other next week.

Miami Baltimore Pittsburgh Cleveland Denver need help ( chargers beat vegas next week and they lose today)

miami has tiebreaker on chargers and ravens 

Ravens have edge on chargers

veggs has edge on ravens

pittsburgh/ Cleveland is an elimination game by the loss

if chargers win, then. Vegas/ chargers is a win and in game.

Vegas ( chargers if the W today) and Colts are win and in next week

on nfc….

Rams magic number is 1for division title with thrm winning or arizona losing.

result of miners, saints, and Vikings game later day help to determine things.

I could see Bills vs Colts Rematch if the Dolphins pick up a win against the Pats.

If the Pats win then its part 3 for Bills vs Pats.

This is assuming:

Chargers beat Broncos/Raiders

Colts beat Jaguars

Bills beat Jets

Chiefs beat Broncos

Bengals beat Browns

At this point i think its near a lock its either the Colts or the Pats Super Wild Card weekend unless something crazy happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.