Leslie Frazier in play for Raiders HC job

stuvian

6 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Another name - should he get fired - is Fangio. McD may like the idea of having a coordinator with HC experience. 

Well, I'm becoming a BIG believer in adjusting who and how you hire based on the evolving world around us. If, for any reason McD was unable to coach a game or 2 due to COVID, would be better IMO to have a guy on the staff that has HC experience. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

FWIW, I think Frazier would be a good get for the Raiders depending on his OC choice. They need some stability. Also wouldn't shock me if Rich Bisaccia keeps the job. He's had them playing well under a lot of adversity this year.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Another name - should he get fired - is Fangio. McD may like the idea of having a coordinator with HC experience. 

Fangio is awesome.  The Bears defense was never the same when he left for Denver- and it was extremely impressive with him.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Loved fangio, guy had some pretty creative blitzes , he ran a 34 not sure if hes doing that any more, i think the ravens might be the last team to use it. 

Its funny in the 80s everybody ran the 34 except the Bears and then it spread after they won the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Frazier and Daboll are as good as gone. Daboll is going to end up in Jacksonville I believe.

They said this last year too, and there was surprisingly little interest in him.

Maybe that changes this year.  Who knows.  

It's the sort of bridge worth crossing as a fan only when we come to it, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.