Micah Hyde int on 4th down

CorkScrewHill

4th down incompletion gives us better position and Hyde catches it instead of knocking it away. I initially thought that was not a smart play .. you can see in the video that Poyer questions him Hyde responds and they both start laughing. Hyde entered the game at 3 INTs and needed 5 to get a $500,000 bonus.

if you watch the video I am pretty certain that was the dialogue … good for you Micah!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's awesome. I was watching the game with my son, and after the INT, he asked why me Hyde didn't knock it down. I said maybe he has a contract bonus for INT totals, without actually knowing if that was the case. Now I'm the smartest dad in the world...

• Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

I thought Poyer was giving him hell for stealing his INT.

Seriously, how many times have you seen defenders intentionally drop an easy INT on 4th down to preserve field position? 

Hyde did last year in the playoff game against the Colts. Wasn't for field position but it was a hail mary at the end of the game 

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Hyde did last year in the playoff game against the Colts. Wasn't for field position but it was a hail mary at the end of the game 

yep. They finally learned after giving up two Hail Marys to Murray and Herbert. This one didn’t matter because of the score but hopefully they haven’t forgotten the right play.

• Like (+1) 2

The game was already basically won at that point. I would have gone for the INT as well.

The only iffy thing was it didn't leave a ton of room to kneel it down. Oh well. I'm glad he got an INT. These guys work hard and deserve to get the individual stats sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8

Yeah I was pretty sure there was a bonus attached because Hyde is too smart to do that and I’m sure had it been earlier in the game he would have swatted it.

Wasn’t worried about the kneel down at all because as much as I hate (and respect) the Hoodie, he’s not the type of guy to charge a victory formation.

7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

4th down incompletion gives us better position and Hyde catches it instead of knocking it away. I initially thought that was not a smart play .. you can see in the video that Poyer questions him Hyde responds and they both start laughing. Hyde entered the game at 3 INTs and needed 5 to get a $500,000 bonus.

if you watch the video I am pretty certain that was the dialogue … good for you Micah!

I think it was more like you just stole MY interception!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 947 said:

That's awesome. I was watching the game with my son, and after the INT, he asked why me Hyde didn't knock it down. I said maybe he has a contract bonus for INT totals, without actually knowing if that was the case. Now I'm the smartest dad in the world...

:Lol: .. wait until your son enters teendom … you’ll quickly become the stupidest dad in the world :D 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.