Star back at practice - 12/29

Motorin'

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Interesting that you aren’t having the same vitriol against posters making disparaging remarks about Star. I thought Alpha’s mention of the rumor was helpful in getting people to stop making jokes about Star’s absence when it has been clearly reported he had personal issues happening. 

Someone having an issue with a player's performance is on line for what this site is. It's warrented. Leave families out of it. Especially kids and especially something that can be so damaging. That's where my issue was.

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Someone having an issue with a player's performance is on line for what this site is. It's warrented. Leave families out of it. Especially kids and especially something that can be so damaging. That's where my issue was.

I see your point, on the other hand people have also been speculating that Star is fleeing the Bills locker room due to Covid fears and is "checked out" of football.  Given that all we know right now is "personal issue", such speculation seems out of place and inappropriate and yes, damaging.  It's not about his on-field performance, it's speculating about his absence.

57 minutes ago, Beast said:

We had him for the first New England game.

He played in the Tennessee and first New England game. Does he really make that much of a difference?

FWIW against Tennessee we did a fairly good job containing Henry until that One Long Play.  Dunno who was on the field for that.  Might not have been Star, might have.

Star was returning from toe injury and only played about 30% of the snaps against NE in the first game.   Again for the long run don't remember who was on the field, think it was Harry

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW against Tennessee we did a fairly good job containing Henry until that One Long Play.  Dunno who was on the field for that.  Might not have been Star, might have.

Star was returning from toe injury and only played about 30% of the snaps against NE in the first game.   Again for the long run don't remember who was on the field, think it was Harry

If memory serves me, I think I saw someone post something similar before that Star wasn’t in on those plays.  But didn’t verify myself.

Either way, just because Star plays doesn’t mean we will never give up a big run either.  I mean teams make plays, but overall it’s safe to say our run D is definitely better with him than without him.  

• Agree 1

I just hope his family is ok and that he plays in all of the playoff games.   He’s not great but he’s better than Ankou (who has been decent) and makes our team better than we are without him.  Marginally better is better than not being marginally better.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Bottom line for Star, with personal family tragedy confirmed or not?

Not

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

If those two questions come up empty, he can no longer be a Buffalo Bill in 2022!

That's for Beane and McDermott to say and it's worth noting their assessment seems to differ from others

23 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You seem to be overly emotional and blinded by that.

No one was attacking Star’s family. Someone mentioned a rumor about what Star’s personal issues could be related to in an attempt to get people off Star’s back and stop making jokes about his absence. 

And I disagree with you that a player’s performance can warrant disparaging personal remarks about them by posters. Unless that’s just how you roll, which seems to be the case with how you’ve handled yourself in this thread. 

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

57% against Titans. 53% against Patriots.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LotuSt00.htm

And he was manhandled on Henry's long run...

17 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

If those two questions come up empty, he can no longer be a Buffalo Bill in 2022!

If I was still a betting man i would put money on Star wanting to retire after this year.

That makes it, after the Bills agree and settle with him, a lot more in cap savings than an outright cut.

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

You seem to be overly emotional and blinded by that.

No one was attacking Star’s family. Someone mentioned a rumor about what Star’s personal issues could be related to in an attempt to get people off Star’s back and stop making jokes about his absence. 

And I disagree with you that a player’s performance can warrant disparaging personal remarks about them by posters. Unless that’s just how you roll, which seems to be the case with how you’ve handled yourself in this thread. 

Small correction. I specifically say that making remarks about a players performance is warranted. I said nothing about making personal attacks about said performance. Seems like you are inserting things that I flat out did not say. 

I would respond to a few other points, however I believe the mods have had enough extra work today, so I'll wish you a Happy New Year instead.

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:
12 minutes ago, Beast said:

57% against Titans. 53% against Patriots.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LotuSt00.htm

And he was manhandled on Henry's long run...

Manhandled is right.  Along with a few other Bills defenders...

He wasn't out there on the Williams TD in the first Cheaters game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Small correction. I specifically say that making remarks about a players performance is warranted. I said nothing about making personal attacks about said performance. Seems like you are inserting things that I flat out did not say. 

I would respond to a few other points, however I believe the mods have had enough extra work today, so I'll wish you a Happy New Year instead.

My original post to you stated:

“Interesting that you aren’t having the same vitriol against posters making disparaging remarks about Star.”

To which you responded:

”Someone having an issue with a player's performance is on line for what this site is. It's warrented.”. 

So, because you didn’t qualify your response, it seemed clear you are ok with disparaging remarks. Your calling Alpha names reinforced that. 

Star was definitely not manhandled on Henry's long TD run.  He did a good job sealing the edge and squeezing the defender.  Henry ran away from Star on that play.  IMO, that play could have most easily been stopped by Milano (wrong gap) and Hyde (bad angle).  Replay starts at 1:00.

EDIT: That being said, Star's 49.9 PFF rating for the season is below Harrison Phillips' 77 rating.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

My original post to you stated:

“Interesting that you aren’t having the same vitriol against posters making disparaging remarks about Star.”

To which you responded:

”Someone having an issue with a player's performance is on line for what this site is. It's warrented.”. 

So, because you didn’t qualify your response, it seemed clear you are ok with disparaging remarks. Your calling Alpha names reinforced that. 

Again, I'm choosing not to have this debate here. If you would like to discuss matters of what 2 other people were speaking about you are more than welcome to PM me and take it out of this thread. Thank you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.