Is It Just Me, or Did Motor Get Punked on Angry Runs?

Freddie's Dead

Is It Just Me, or Did Motor Get Punked on Angry Runs?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who won Angry Runs for Week 16?

• Devin "Motor" Singletary - Bills
    • David Montgomery - Bears
    • Duke Johnson - Fish
    • Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Chefs

On 12/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

Angriest Runner of all time has to be Earl Campbell.  Roosevelt Leaks would be up there too.

Ike Robertson thinks so.

In a running league there were a lot of angry runners. Like, almost all of them. Christian Okoye, John Riggins, Ickey Woods, Larry Csonka, Natrone Means, Craig Heyward... Larry Kinnebrew... hell people forget how much Bo Jackson was angry running over the first tackler because once he did that the rest couldn't catch him.

Most old Raiders highlights would be considered evidence these days.

Man, I miss football.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:56 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

I think Motor got punked on Angry Runs.  He's dragging Dugger like a backpack, and while under tackle, destroys Hightower!!  I came late to the game and missed this play, but it's clear that this play sent the message that we came to play.  Props to the other nominees, but this Angry Run should have won.  Mongomery and Duke were one-on-one, and CEH was 1 on 2 or three, so CEH gets my honorable mention.  But Motor all the way on this one.  WHO YA GOT?

https://www.nfl.com/videos/kyle-brandt-crowns-week-16-angry-runs-winner

Absolutely for like other candidate he choose to initiate clash on a bigger player in their home field.

15 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Ike Robertson thinks so.

In a running league there were a lot of angry runners. Like, almost all of them. Christian Okoye, John Riggins, Ickey Woods, Larry Csonka, Natrone Means, Craig Heyward... Larry Kinnebrew... hell people forget how much Bo Jackson was angry running over the first tackler because once he did that the rest couldn't catch him.

Most old Raiders highlights would be considered evidence these days.

Man, I miss football.

Fred Jackson made one of the best angry runs where All Pro DE was having run marls on him long after game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Absolutely for like other candidate he choose to initiate clash on a bigger player in their home field.

Fred Jackson made one of the best angry runs where All Pro DE was having run marls on him long after game.

Chris Conte is still eating that stiff arm....

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2021 at 8:57 AM, Big Blitz said:

Motor's run was awesome.  Didn't even notice that the first time.  I don't think CBS thought to replay it.  

But I thought CEH was the best of 4 really good ones.

I agree. My vote would be for CEH, but Singletary is a close 2nd.

All of them were decent, though.

I think if you get immediately tackled by the defender you supposedly trucked (Tua, I'm looking at you) you shouldn't win it, but maybe there weren't other quality candidates that week?

• Like (+1) 1

Motor should get named again after his effort yesterday - for at least 3 of his carries!!  He trucked a number of Falcons on the day!!  I'm so glad Dabold FINALLY started to feature him (as I said for weeks they should).

The biggest beast on the team is the smallest guy in this picture!!   Photo credit - Jeffrey Barnes 

LLSIWKXKVVFDNKR5RJOCLPMU5Q.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Motor should get named again after his effort yesterday - for at least 3 of his carries!!  He trucked a number of Falcons on the day!!  I'm so glad Dabold FINALLY started to feature him (as I said for weeks they should).

The biggest beast on the team is the smallest guy in this picture!!   Photo credit - Jeffrey Barnes 

LLSIWKXKVVFDNKR5RJOCLPMU5Q.jpg

Wanted to point out a couple of other things when it comes to Motor

He only has 164 carries on the year.  Not sure why Dabold gave so many snaps, carries and especially so many red zone carries to Moss through the bulk of the season.

Anyhow, with his 4.6 ypc average he places 10th among all RBs with at least 100 carries.    When it comes to total yards rushing he's 18th in the league.  However the top 10 backs in rushing yards average 237 carries on the season.  If he had those 73 - yes 73 more carries - at his average he would have 1090 yards rushing which would place him 4th in the league.  That's only 4.5 more carries per game.   Seeing he had 7 games with 7 or fewer carries and 13 games with fewer than 15 carries that isn't much of a leap.

Additionally he averages a rushing TD every 28 carries.   The top 10 rushers?  JT is 1 every 18.  Mixon every 22.  Chubb every 29.  Cook every 39.  Henry every 22.  Harris every 73 carries!  Elliot every 22.  Harris every 22.  Gibson every 40.   Mitchell every 31.    So Motor would be 6th on that list in efficiency BUT those backs get the ball regularly in the Red Zone.   The Bills and Motor would get inside it and for the bulk of the season Dabold would turn to Moss and let him poach TDs.  Which again makes no sense to me because Motor's TD runns on the season are from 46 yards, 2 yards, 16 yards, 2 yards, 6 yards and 4 yards out.  He can obviously punch it in!!

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Motor is truckin' guys right now but he was behind Harris and Chubb for sure.  Those runs were ANGRY.

If Motor keeps this up we have a real threat in the run game heading into the playoffs.  Nowhere near the wear and tear of a back that has been leaned on over a 17-game regular season which can only help.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.