Jets game more crucial than I thought

Dr. K

These idiots are going to play Moore in week 18

I know if you're healthy you should be play.

But he's a rookie cornerstone for them in a lost season that was put on IR 3 weeks ago with a significant quad strain and was just on the Covid list. 

For me I wouldn't want to see him near the field until August.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

But he's a rookie cornerstone for them in a lost season that was put on IR 3 weeks ago with a significant quad strain and was just on the Covid list. 

Me neither. Hes on my dynasty roster. Let him stay healthy.

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I get your point but most rookies need reps.  Especially wide receivers.  If I was a Jets fan I would want him out there getting more experience. 

On 12/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Logic said:

I feel like a more simple way to say this is that as long as the Bills win one of their two remaining games, there's a 97% chance they make the playoffs, according to fivethirtyeight.com playoff caluclator.

So yes, technically they could miss the playoffs if they lose one of the next two. It would, however, be extremely statistically unlikely. 

It was statically unlikely that the Jags would beat the Bills.

Anything can happen. 

I think we're on a 8 game winning streak. 

Edited by loyal2dagame

I love if, when, and maybe scenarios.    They are 100% accurate when the if happens and maybe does not as well as when maybe happens and if does also.  

But I do know that it is a lot of fun when you go online and there is a topic that maybe controversial but if all the folks can discuss it civilly they may all enjoy themselves!

I am exhausted but can’t sleep….Go Bills!

On 12/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, Dr. K said:

We could afford to lose to the Falcons but we damn well better beat the Jets. 

Not if we want the division. Have to beat the Falcons and Jets. Unless their is a major upset the Pats are beating the Jags. The Dolphins game is a toss up but why take a chance. The Bills control their own destiny so they need to get two wins and win the division in B2B years.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Not if we want the division. Have to beat the Falcons and Jets. Unless their is a major upset the Pats are beating the Jags. The Dolphins game is a toss up but why take a chance. The Bills control their own destiny so they need to get two wins and win the division in B2B years.

Yes, of course. I want the Bills to win out and take the division, have at least one home playoff game. 

What surprised me was that, even if the Bills beat the Falcons, they could still completely miss the playoffs if those rather simple conditions I outlined came to pass.

On 12/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, Dr. K said:

Playing with the online playoff calculators, it seems there are several scenarios where, even if the Bills beat the Falcons, if they lose their final game to the Jets, they are 100% going to miss the playoffs. 

Of course a number of other things must happen for that to occur, but they are not impossible. The Ravens and Chargers have to win both of their remaining games. and the Patriots have to beat the Dolphins. The Colts, Bengals, and Patriots need to at least split their last two, but as long as the Patriots beat the Dolphins, if the Bills lose to the Jets they are out. 

if they WL ….

they lose most tiebreakers outside their division.  Baltimore is a strength of victory tiebreaker that is undecided right now with Baltimore having a slight lead.

they can win division if BE lose to Miami.

they can get a WC if

1 BALT L one

2. INDY don't go WW

3. LV/LAC don’t go WW. They play each other week 18

if they W and either

(a) BAL L

or

(b)both Vegas and LAC L

if BUffalo loses to Atlanta…and Baltimore W they have the tiebreaker by conference record, on them.  BUF woukd have edge innLAC by common games tiebreaker.  It turns into a W and in game.

then buffalo clinches WC

Jets are a horrid team top to bottom and if there was a chance for letdown or upset it would be against the Falcons this week since they are still alive for the playoffs.

Either way this team cannot treat last week like it was their SB and go into another funk like what happened against the Chiefs or missing the playoffs altogether is still a possibility.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.