Wentz to Covid list

Big Blitz

23 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You're calling your employer's rules and the division you create in your workplace "political opinion?"

Um, not at all. I’m saying people criticize him for sharing his personal opinion on social media and say he should stick to football, while others tweet their opinions and when they receive criticism, people stand up for them because it’s their right. That’s all. I don’t personally care who’s vaccinated or who’s left/right in politics.

57 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I thought athletes were allowed to voice their opinions on social media, or was that only political opinions and if you’re Lebron James?

Sure they are allowed to speak.  But they also have to voice their opinions in a manner that doesn't negatively impact the team and those around them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Um, not at all. I’m saying people criticize him for sharing his personal opinion on social media and say he should stick to football, while others tweet their opinions and when they receive criticism, people stand up for them because it’s their right. That’s all. I don’t personally care who’s vaccinated or who’s left/right in politics.

Yeah, no. He didn't get or deserve  criticism bc he expressed his opinion. He got and deserved criticism for threatening to retire, saying he wasn't going to follow team rules, and for instigating arguments with teammates on social media. You know, selfish behavior that threatened to split the locker room. 

Hopefully it's all water under the bridge. The team seems to be playing tough and for each other. Couldn't say that all season long though.

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.