Josh Allen doesn’t have a single first round pick on offense

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And with Beasley and Sanders likely gone(IMO).........and Gabe not yet putting together a full season of production........it's an immediate need as well. 

The man.  The Legend.  Duke Williams.  Lock him in before Canadian Tire makes him a department manager!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Nice thread topic for discussion OP. 

I thought for sure Najee Harris was on the Bills radar round one and well within reach IMO. While I like the thought of upgrading the Bills D line. Harris would have had a much bigger and more immediate impact in my humble opinion. Wasted with the Steelers going into rebuild mode after the season.

Edited by Figster

I would contend that this has been, at least in part, by design. Outside of 2018, they've developed Allen with reliable veterans around him. As Allen has grown he's proven he can carry the load by himself if needed. They can afford the growing pains of developing young talent around him now... and they'll need the cap relief of guys on rookie deals once his contract extension kicks in.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The man.  The Legend.  Duke Williams.  Lock him in before Canadian Tire makes him a department manager!

At least get Duke on the TiCats next season so you Ontario Bills fans can watch him and US Bills fans have a plausible excuse to visit the ballet.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You draft primarily for the long run.........the immediate needs should be addressed with pro personnel.

I suspect they will pursue a stud interior OL and probably make another run at Gronk and then settle for a decent journeyman to back up Knox and then probably going back to the TE in round 3 or 4 (it's a good TE draft).

WR should be a high priority in the draft, IMO.     It's not an explosive group.   Extremely low YAC.   And with Beasley and Sanders likely gone(IMO).........and Gabe not yet putting together a full season of production........it's an immediate need as well. 

The only thing I could possibly see getting in the way of drafting offense in rd 1 would be if there's a really good and stout DT that has fallen in the round.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

We traded a 1st+ for Diggs. I think it's fair to count him as a 1st round pick on offense 

While true, OP's point of discussion remains the same. The Bills have not put as high of emphasis on O as they have on D when it comes to 1st round draft choices. Even on the Allen selection McBeane also went D in the 1st. Its hard to complain to much when meanwhile Buffalo has built the best D in the league. Compliments the O...

Edited by Figster

45 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills last first round pick on offense was Sammy Watkins even though of course Diggs was traded for using a 1 he was picked in the 5th..

Amazing this guy produces at this level without one single first round pick used on offense no linemen…no TEs…no Wrs…No RBs

Entire offense was built through free agency and mid round picks 

More proof that Beane has hit on a couple free agents and mid round picks

But Josh is a damn special player this is Brady in his prime type of stuff 

IMO where someone is drafted is a useless stat. The truth is when the Bills got him it cost them a 1st round pick because he is a stud top 5 WR. Beasley is a good top #2 WR. Knox is a decent TE who he hit in in the draft. 

as for Lineman lol Onwenu is a 6th rounder for the Pats and is one of the best lineman, Wynn was a first rounder and spends more time in the medical tent than on the field, but when he does play he will get a holding call to negate some big play that game.. so drafting is a roll of the dice.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

At least get Duke on the TiCats next season so you Ontario Bills fans can watch him and US Bills fans have a plausible excuse to visit the ballet.

Conversely, closet Duke fans can tell their friends they're going to see naked women with grating French Canadian accents as they sneak across the border to take in a TiCats game. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You draft primarily for the long run.........the immediate needs should be addressed with pro personnel.

I suspect they will pursue a stud interior OL and probably make another run at Gronk and then settle for a decent journeyman to back up Knox and then probably going back to the TE in round 3 or 4 (it's a good TE draft).

WR should be a high priority in the draft, IMO.     It's not an explosive group.   Extremely low YAC.   And with Beasley and Sanders likely gone(IMO).........and Gabe not yet putting together a full season of production........it's an immediate need as well. 

Agree WR will/should likely be priority, as for your comment about Gabe having full season of production.....his opportunities have been limited and when Sanders recently was out he got more time.

With that said, he did very well with the increased opportunities and even better in the redzone which also started to improve the redzone offense some, just in case it slipped your mind. So your "Gabe not putting together a full season of production" statement is a little flawed....

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

I believe this will change very soon.  Free agency first but would not be surprised if they drafted a WR, C/G, and DT1 early in draft.  

Why draft a WR?  McKenszie was 4th to 6th on the depth chart.  Beasley and Davis and Hodgkins are still around.

36 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nice thread topic for discussion OP. 

I thought for sure Najee Harris was on the Bills radar round one and well within reach IMO. While I like the thought of upgrading the Bills D line. Harris would have had a much bigger and more immediate impact in my humble opinion. Wasted with the Steelers going into rebuild mode after the season.

Harris and Pittsburg 2nd,,,,,,,,,,,,for the Bills 1st in 2022?

I tend to think that in the game of limited resources that is the NFL salary cap you don't use 1st round picks on a receiver when 1) You already have a top-5 WR in the league and 2) Your QB is capable of getting really good seasons out of players who would look like JAG on other rosters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Chris Olave and Treylon Burks are currently projected as late 1st rounders.

If a WR like that is available when we pick, I think we owe it to Josh to make that investment.  (Provided IOL is also addressed in FA/Draft)

I don't know if WR is that big of a need for us to use a first round pick, but I would not be upset if we picked either of those players.

Would you be good with taking Jahan Dotson as well?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.