Happy Birthday, Cody Ford!

Gugny

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't:

Cody Ford signed a 4 year, $7,506,640 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $3,479,976 signing bonus, $4,315,395 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,876,660. In 2021, Ford will earn a base salary of $1,127,498 and a workout bonus of $50,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,047,492 and a dead cap value of $1,789,988.

I'd love to have a $4 million guarantee for my job and still suck at it.

If someone offered you $4 million for a job you were totally unqualified to do and knew you likely would suck at it, would you refuse the money?

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If someone offered you $4 million for a job you were totally unqualified to do and knew you likely would suck at it, would you refuse the money?

I certainly would not.  I did and do not fault him for that.  He was over-drafted ... almost to the point of Aaron Maybin.  I never faulted Maybin, either.  But if we're going to call a spade a spade, the guy sucks.  And if I had over $4 million dollars and someone called me out for sucking, I'd be just fine with it.  And I'm sure he is, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Dude still puts his health/life on the line every time he steps on the filed.  I’m sure he worked his ass off to get to where he is.  You sound like a ruthless owner who would cut a dude who gets injured and loses his career and doesn’t want to pay him a dime.  

Well ..... some people do call me the Ax Man.  Bidneth be bidneth. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Dude still puts his health/life on the line every time he steps on the filed.  I’m sure he worked his ass off to get to where he is.  You sound like a ruthless owner who would cut a dude who gets injured and loses his career and doesn’t want to pay him a dime.  

stop it.  

• Shocked 1

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

Even though you suck and are a bona fide bust, I hope you have a great day!

Cody Ford or Jon Feliciano?

Who would you rather have at guard?  Both a bad at pass protection.  Ford is better at run blocking.  I might actually take Ford over Feliciano 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

I certainly would not.  I did and do not fault him for that.  He was over-drafted ... almost to the point of Aaron Maybin.  I never faulted Maybin, either.  But if we're going to call a spade a spade, the guy sucks.  And if I had over $4 million dollars and someone called me out for sucking, I'd be just fine with it.  And I'm sure he is, too.

"almost to the point of Aaron Maybin"

"I'd be just fine with it"

image.thumb.png.c60b1f00c859b4652d679e044cd91eae.png

That you?

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

stop it.  

John Howard Sr. Studies have been done to analyze how hard National Football League players hit each other on the field. The average hit is roughly the same G-force you would absorb if you were in a car and hit a brick wall at 30 miles per hour. Now think about doing that 62 times in a single game.

52 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

John Howard Sr. Studies have been done to analyze how hard National Football League players hit each other on the field. The average hit is roughly the same G-force you would absorb if you were in a car and hit a brick wall at 30 miles per hour. Now think about doing that 62 times in a single game.

And yet, in over a century of NFL football, not one player has died in a game as a result of playing football (Chuck Hughes famously had an undiagnosed heart issue).

Sounded like a security guard with the "put his life on the line" nonsense. "You ought to be more appreciative! This mall is a dangerous place! I can't tell you how many times I've been on patrol on my segway wh-" "Yeah whatever buddy can you just show me where the lost and found is?"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

First of all, as a result of Ford's dubious work product, Josh Allen is the one getting pounded 62 times a game, not Cody, who functions mainly as a greeter for opposing front 7's.

Second, imagine making 40-50k per year in jobs that are actually dangerous, like logging of roofing, where workers actually die without stealing millions of dollars from their employers.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LeviF said:

And yet, in over a century of NFL football, not one player has died in a game as a result of playing football (Chuck Hughes famously had an undiagnosed heart issue).

Sounded like a security guard with the "put his life on the line" nonsense. "You ought to be more appreciative! This mall is a dangerous place! I can't tell you how many times I've been on patrol on my segway wh-" "Yeah whatever buddy can you just show me where the lost and found is?"

Comparing a football player to a security guard ha?  Good one.  Maybe check the brain scans of some retired security guards. 

26 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Comparing a football player to a security guard ha?  Good one.  Maybe check the brain scans of some retired security guards. 

Having met many security guards I can tell you first hand how little we'd find on those scans. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.