The Bills are quietly the hottest team in the NFL

Hermes

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Why would a Bills fan get downvoted on a Bills board for posting pro-Bills stuff? Yeah it was a little pollyanna-ish but he's not totally wrong. 

Weird vibes in Buffalo sometimes. When you can't knock the team, some people need to knock posters. 

I think there are just some extremely shell-shocked individuals on this board. Not trolls necessarily, but some that seem so disillusioned from years of poor play that all they can now manage is a grunt and slight headshake of approval even during the best of times. It can be annoying but maybe they'll burst into uncontrollable sobbing or something if the Bills finally win a ring.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Why would a Bills fan get downvoted on a Bills board for posting pro-Bills stuff? Yeah it was a little pollyanna-ish but he's not totally wrong. 

Weird vibes in Buffalo sometimes. When you can't knock the team, some people need to knock posters. 

Honestly I make posts like these knowing that I'll face the vitriol of some board members, but I'm always more than happy to back up my opinions and even walk back to a more reasonable perspective depending on what other posters have to say

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I think there are just some extremely shell-shocked individuals on this board. Not trolls necessarily, but some that seem so disillusioned from years of poor play that all they can now manage is a grunt and slight headshake of approval even during the best of times. It can be annoying but maybe they'll burst into uncontrollable sobbing or something if the Bills finally win a ring.

Agree. Strange people. 

And right after an enormously cathartic division win against Belichick and the Pats. It's like people want to stop others from visualizing too much success.

Josh Allen has been playing out of his mind, an absolute league superstar, but football is the ultimate team sport, and one man can't carry an NFL team through the playoff's. In the end, the Bills will pay for not improving their O-Line or the running game in the off season. Plus they have too many key players who prefer catching Covid to actually playing football. If Beans does his job in the off-season, and gets rid of the dead-wood, and malcontents, next year will be their year. That said, they could win a home playoff game before exiting, which wouldn't be a bad season all things considered.  

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Why does obviously dumb stuff have to be upvoted?

Devin Singletary is better than Thurman Thomas. Upvotes because it’s a Bills board amirite?

56 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Honestly I make posts like these knowing that I'll face the vitriol of some board members, but I'm always more than happy to back up my opinions and even walk back to a more reasonable perspective depending on what other posters have to say

You should have walked back to a reasonable perspective before hitting “post.”

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hermes said:

You know what? I don't hate that take. They have a solid team and have been on a nice run themselves. It would be an interesting game against them to say the least, they're one of a few teams who've given the Bills problems lately

The Colts are the only team to really beat the Bills decisively.  

• Like (+1) 1

KC can still beat anyone at anytime. Dolphins are gaining popularity after their defense once again demolished an offense tonight. But I'm sorry tua just doesn't scare me yet. Maybe down the road, but he still makes really bad mistakes and hinders his team alot. And the Dolphins don't have a Henry or Taylor running game so the qb can do minimal and beat elite teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

I get it and admittedly the Bills probably aren't the hottest team in the league. If I had to name one, it would probably be KC, Colts, Rams, or GB.

There's still two weeks to go and the Bills could turn it on and look like world beaters, or worse, they could lose out and squeak into the postseason or miss it all together. While looking at the Bills objectively I'd prefer to stand on the positive side of things and make points to that regard. It's like you said all teams have flaws and to cast them aside because they afflict your favorite team is to wear the proverbial rose colored glasses. 

so what’s with your title then, since you just directly contradicted it. 

There's a lot of hot teams in the NFL right now. The playoffs are going to be a total wildcard for both conferences, moreso in the AFC where I think the difference between the 7 seed and the 1 seed will be minimal. I don't see any overwhelming favorites in either conference. The Bills are certainly one of the 10 most likely teams to reach the Super Bowl but I can't even begin to rank those 10 teams in order of probability.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's a lot of hot teams in the NFL right now. The playoffs are going to be a total wildcard for both conferences, moreso in the AFC where I think the difference between the 7 seed and the 1 seed will be minimal. I don't see any overwhelming favorites in either conference. The Bills are certainly one of the 10 most likely teams to reach the Super Bowl but I can't even begin to rank those 10 teams in order of probability.

Good post. Agree completely.  You can make any argument for any WC team to have a decent shot at winning the first round.  

8 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

The Bills win two games in a row and they are the hottest team?  The Colts are playing great football, and hell, the Dolphins are about to win their 7th game in a row.  Lay off the homerism a tad.  

Colts, Dolphins and even Chiefs. Let's just see if we can win out before we start bragging about who's hotter.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.