The Bills are quietly the hottest team in the NFL

Hermes

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

Gave us problems? They destroyed us. Lol.

I highly doubt a game against them plays out the same as it did last time, everything went right for the Colts from the first snap and being a midseason game the Bills packed it in at the half. Another team who has given them trouble is the Titans. I'd honestly rather the Bills play the Chiefs than either of those two

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

The Bills win two games in a row and they are the hottest team?  The Colts are playing great football, and hell, the Dolphins are about to win their 7th game in a row.  Lay off the homerism a tad.  

Ok, ok, ok…there’s nothing wrong with Bills fans being on a sugar-high right now. Be nice.

The Bills haven't really put together a great game on both sides of the ball in some time.

The offense was great yesterday but the defense gave up five 4th down conversions and yielded some very long drives and 3 TD's to a pretty punchless Patriots offense.

Lot's of room for improvement there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills haven't really put together a great game on both sides of the ball in some time.

The offense was great yesterday but the defense gave up five 4th down conversions and yielded some very long drives and 3 TD's to a pretty punchless Patriots offense.

Lot's of room for improvement there.

That's a fair assessment. Honestly I still don't the the Bills have fully hit their stride. I mean they've played great in this one and against the Chiefs earlier this year but it still feels like they have so much more in the tank. I'm just waiting for the game where they finally turn it all on and never look back

8 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

The Bills win two games in a row and they are the hottest team?  The Colts are playing great football, and hell, the Dolphins are about to win their 7th game in a row.  Lay off the homerism a tad.

The Dolphins scare no one and the Colts are a legit team. My apologies for injecting some optimism into the aether.  I should just wallow in the 6 losses the Bills have collected and accept they'll never be the perfect team all of us fans so truly deserve..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Hermes said:

There's a handful of teams playing good football right now and I'm just happy to see the Bills as one of those teams. Had the Bills won the two games mentioned they'd be considered by most as the team to beat in the AFC, again, they didn't, so the narrative is different. They'd literally have the same record as the chiefs with a H2H win against them meaning #1 seed in the AFC. Granted they lost both games in such dreadful fashion that most here hardly consider them a playoff team. So take from it what you will. I'm just saying there's no team in the NFL that wants to play the Bills in the playoffs!

*****! I should've kept my mouth shut!

But they didn't win the games. Look I'm not trying to be negative but you can't say they should have won games they didn't.  

As for fearing Buffalo. I agree, but would say the same about Tampa, Green Bay, and KC because they all have top tier QBs. And that doesn't even include the Rams, Dallas, and Cincinnati all of which have at worst very good QBs.  I dont see any team that does not have a flaw. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The Colts have an argument.

I wouldn't even say they're quietly hot. Everyone sees it but this message board 😮

They maybe were quietly hot before they played us and the amount of people bellyaching about how we lost to a "garbage team" was mind-blowing!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

I wouldn't even say they're quietly hot. Everyone sees it but this message board 😮

They maybe were quietly hot before they played us and the amount of people bellyaching about how we lost to a "garbage team" was mind-blowing!

The Colts aren’t quietly hot at all. They are scorching ☄️

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes.

Oh ok. Well the idea is that the Bills are one of the hottest teams in the league based off of recent performances, even though they've lost.

6 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

I'm not sure how many people were saying the Colts were a garbage team, but I don't recall much of that on the boards here. Honestly I remember a lot of 'I told you so's about the Bills run D and the team overall being overrated

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'd say Kansas City is by far the hottest team.  They are destroying some teams and have solid wins over Green Bay, Dallas, and San Diego.  They took the dead corpse of Pittsburgh and hammered them without their second best player on the field.  This week they take on Cinci and it should be a good playoff type atmosphere game.  

AFC Championship will run through KC again

Agree with others I would love to beat the dolphins for a third time in week 1 of the playoffs

I don't disagree that KC is hot right now but they did barely beat the Packers without Aaron Rodgers.  No way do they win that game if Rodgers played.  My pick for this though would be the Colts

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

But they didn't win the games. Look I'm not trying to be negative but you can't say they should have won games they didn't.  

As for fearing Buffalo. I agree, but would say the same about Tampa, Green Bay, and KC because they all have top tier QBs. And that doesn't even include the Rams, Dallas, and Cincinnati all of which have at worst very good QBs.  I dont see any team that does not have a flaw. 

I get it and admittedly the Bills probably aren't the hottest team in the league. If I had to name one, it would probably be KC, Colts, Rams, or GB.

There's still two weeks to go and the Bills could turn it on and look like world beaters, or worse, they could lose out and squeak into the postseason or miss it all together. While looking at the Bills objectively I'd prefer to stand on the positive side of things and make points to that regard. It's like you said all teams have flaws and to cast them aside because they afflict your favorite team is to wear the proverbial rose colored glasses. 

Dolphins lol, try harder contrarians. Tua is maybe 1/5th of Josh Allen and will not ever get close to a ring, get real.

I can entertain the Colts or even the Bengals, but not the Fins barely getting by the Jets, Giants, and the Ian Book led Saints - quite possibly the three all around worst teams in the league right now outside of Jacksonville.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Why would a Bills fan get downvoted on a Bills board for posting pro-Bills stuff? Yeah it was a little pollyanna-ish but he's not totally wrong. 

Weird vibes in Buffalo sometimes. When you can't knock the team, some people need to knock posters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They just need to be on a 4 game win streak heading into the playoffs. That's all.

It's comforting to know that they're playing their best football heading into the postseason.

McD seems to get them right for the playoffs.

That's exactly how I'm feeling about it. As long as the Bills take care of business here they're gonna head into the playoffs with a ton of confidence, essentially winning 4 playoff games in a row to get to that point. Fingers crossed they finish the job the next two weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.