MNF - Fish at Saints Game Thread

Process

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You mean like the defense the Bills have that allowed a Simien led Saints 6 points?  Or Maybe the Miami D that allowed the Falcons to score 30 points.

You mean that same Miami defense that held the Saints to 3 points. I wasn't even talking about the points. I was referring to how much they get to QB. The Bills defense would be that much better if they blitzed more. 

Just now, gordong said:

tua is a joke... thought we would see some improvement by now. Glad we have a real QB...  

I think Tua looks ok. If I were the fins, id continue to give him a shot for another year or 2.

They do have some offensive line issues as well. 

But they need to make a call on him sooner than Tannehill, thats for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

It’s the truth.  Look who they are beating.  Their strength of victory metric is only a little better than Atlanta’s.  Waddle is going to be a very good player and Gesicki is a good TE, but otherwise offensively they are deficient…and that includes QB.  Tua, to me, looks like just an average guy who will need a really good team around him to be successful.  As Bills fans we should hope that they continue the Flores/Tua experiment.

Except it's not "the truth". It's an idiotic narrative. Every single year the "they didn't beat anyone good" narrative gets thrown around.

Have you noticed this year that there really are very few dominate teams? Have you possibly noticed how many times this year a "bad team" has obliterated a "good team"? To be on the winning side of and NFL game 8 weeks in a row is a huge accomplishment. 

Reading here I have seen that Tua is terrible, Flores is awful. They have no offensive line and nothing at RB. And yet SOMEHOW this assembley of horrid coaches and players has lined up for 8 straight games and won. The logic is so far off it's head spinning. 

If the Dolphins win out, Flores is a CoY candidate. What they have done and how they have finished after a 1-7 start is impressive. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You mean that same Miami defense that held the Saints to 3 points. I wasn't even talking about the points. I was referring to how much they get to QB. The Bills defense would be that much better if they blitzed more. 

Do you realize what players NO had on the field last night including a rookie qb with little time to prepare?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Except it's not "the truth". It's an idiotic narrative. Every single year the "they didn't beat anyone good" narrative gets thrown around.

Have you noticed this year that there really are very few dominate teams? Have you possibly noticed how many times this year a "bad team" has obliterated a "good team"? To be on the winning side of and NFL game 8 weeks in a row is a huge accomplishment. 

Reading here I have seen that Tua is terrible, Flores is awful. They have no offensive line and nothing at RB. And yet SOMEHOW this assembley of horrid coaches and players has lined up for 8 straight games and won. The logic is so far off it's head spinning. 

If the Dolphins win out, Flores is a CoY candidate. What they have done and how they have finished after a 1-7 start is impressive. 

If you look who they beat, the only decent team in the steak was the Ravens and they are about as consistent as the Bills have been this year, LOL so not super impressed there.  They beat the Pats but that was the 23-4 version to start the season.  NE also had a 7 game winning steak too.   I will give them a decent shot at beating NE for a second time.  This week at Tenn, not so sure about that one.

Having said all that I do agree with you, if they win out Flores does have a shot a CoY, think Reich would get it over him though or the Bengals coach.  Still not that impressed with Tua either.  It's kind of what they were saying yesterday about NE, the same could be said for Miami: 

The game needs to play out exactly how they need it to for them to win

33 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, they have not won 8 in a row yet, and odds are against that in TN, but their streak is impressive given how they started.  In my opinion though, the Coach of the Year does not lose 7 games in a row requiring a heroic finish.  He has issues.  Tua is better than Mac Jones, but he is far from an elite QB and never will be.  He has folded like a cheap suit each time against Buffalo, when he can even finish the game.  He has had a nice run against mediocre competition, just like Jones did, and now that is over for this year.  

Saints, even without their linebackers last night, are a good defense.   After he threw the pick, he started to do some nice things.  That said, a good defense can only hang on so long when the Ian Book-led Offense is just handing the ball right back over to the other team.

I don't think Tua is very good, but I also don't think he's bad.  He's just meh.  Derek Carr type ceiling.

Edited by SCBills

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Derek Carr type ceiling.

Lefthanded Jimmy Garoppolo?

He hasn't shown the ability to be a true game changer. But he's 12-7 in 19 starts, playing on an offense that doesn't look very impressive overall. His second season has been considerably better than his first. We're spoiled here now that we've found/developed Allen. Imagine a world where we went all Broncos and passed on a QB in 2018, tanked, and then drafted Tua in 2020. I think we'd be pretty happy about his development. He's no Losman/Edwards/Manuel. (Although we would be calling for Beane's head for not taking Herbert!)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gordong said:

tua is a joke... thought we would see some improvement by now. Glad we have a real QB...  

We've definitely seen improvement in Tua. He went into this game as the most accurate QB in the league, shockingly. Predominantly short throws, of course-- but he's learned how to play the position while keeping himself safe, and not crapping himself. That's a lot more improvement than I thought we would see.

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

We've definitely seen improvement in Tua. He went into this game as the most accurate QB in the league, shockingly. Predominantly short throws, of course-- but he's learned how to play the position while keeping himself safe, and not crapping himself. That's a lot more improvement than I thought we would see.

not really shocking as he throws 2-7 yard passes 90% on the time...

55 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He looked more decisive last night than he's been in the past. Waddle is a great player and makes his job easier. I think they will regret passing on Herbert forever, but Tua looked good last night, albeit against the XFL roster the saints were able to trot out there

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

According to Dolphins fans… this Dolphins team is like the early 2000s Patriots. 

Tua is elite and just needs an offensive line. 

The Saints defense is better than Tennessee and New England. 

Some of those bozos think Tua is better than Allen....   LAUGHABLE is an understatement.  

6 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If the Dolphins win out, Flores is a CoY candidate

Unfortunately the award is coach of the YEAR, not coach of the 2nd half of the year.  When you win the games you should win, you don't deserve praise.  The Saints team that trotted out onto the field last night was a joke.

I'd love to see Miami sneak into the playoffs and then get humiliated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.