MNF - Fish at Saints Game Thread

Process

I am extremely salty about this game. Needed Kamara to get 18 points in PPR. No problem, right? He's literally the only offensive weapon they have. They'll draw it up so Book targets him 15 times on short throws to get the kid in a rhythm and mitigate the Dolphins' pass rush and I'll be on to the championship. 

Well, that seemed reasonable enough. But imagine being down to your 3rd string QB and not game planning around your only offensive weapon. Unbelievably bad coaching by the Saints.

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

I am extremely salty about this game. Needed Kamara to get 18 points in PPR. No problem, right? He's literally the only offensive weapon they have. They'll draw it up so Book targets him 15 times on short throws to get the kid in a rhythm and mitigate the Dolphins' pass rush and I'll be on to the championship. 

Well, that seemed reasonable enough. But imagine being down to your 3rd string QB and not game planning around your only offensive weapon. Unbelievably bad coaching by the Saints.

and, why they came out throwing the ball all over the place with this Book playing, is way beyond me.

48 minutes ago, MPT said:

Same here (needed 20), plus the saints were without their 2 offensive tackles. You would think check downs and screens for Kamara would have been a feature.

Book was also awful, didn’t seem to know where his checkdowns were and took sacks when he could have throw it away a few times 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Watching this game I am very impressed with the Dolphins defense. I know it's a 4th string QB playing but they have looked good. Makes me wonder why the Bills don't play defense more like them. B

You mean like the defense the Bills have that allowed a Simien led Saints 6 points?  Or Maybe the Miami D that allowed the Falcons to score 30 points.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MPT said:

To make matters worse I am pretty sure he is their 4th string QB.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How is he winning games??

8 hours ago, mannc said:

By playing against bad football teams.

It’s the truth.  Look who they are beating.  Their strength of victory metric is only a little better than Atlanta’s.  Waddle is going to be a very good player and Gesicki is a good TE, but otherwise offensively they are deficient…and that includes QB.  Tua, to me, looks like just an average guy who will need a really good team around him to be successful.  As Bills fans we should hope that they continue the Flores/Tua experiment.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s the truth.  Look who they are beating.  Their strength of victory metric is only a little better than Atlanta’s.  Waddle is going to be a very good player and Gesicki is a good TE, but otherwise offensively they are deficient…and that includes QB.  Tua, to me, looks like just an average guy who will need a really good team around him to be successful.  As Bills fans we should hope that they continue the Flores/Tua experiment.

Yeah, Tua consistently leading the Fish to 9-8 seasons is the best case scenario for us. Mediocrity would allow Tua to stick around, while the Fish continue to be a minimal threat. Now that we have our QB, it’s fun to think of other teams that way. 

I wonder who could throw a football farther noodle arm Jones or Tua? I think if you combined their throws the ball wouldn't go 20 yards. Allen could probably throw a football farther with his foot than Tua or noodle arm Jones. Even though he plays on the worst team in the division I think Wilson ends up being the 2nd best QB in the AFCE eventually.

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wonder who could throw a football farther noodle arm Jones or Tua? I think if you combined their throws the ball wouldn't go 20 yards. Allen could probably throw a football farther with his foot than Tua or noodle arm Jones.

Gold standard:

image.gif.ffab41cc341d4a775ba5766eb368bc85.gif
Against the all powerful Uncle Rico shall all others be judged.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.