1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We shall see.  Im not as down on Sanders as others are here.  I know he dropped a couple passes but the dude is still a really good receiver.

Possibly not sure I buy that though.

I like Sanders too. I think a lot of people, maybe the coaches included, feel like a rest may allow us to see the first 6 game version of Sanders. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does the phrase "sunk cost" have meaning to you?

If the guy is a "stupid signing" (as you say) because he's not playing well, how will "let him earn" by playing him help the Bills?

image.png.8083a791a75b741cc9e67c08e71a6eb5.png

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the guy is a "stupid signing" (as you say) because he's not playing well, how will "let him earn" by playing him help the Bills?

I think his implication here is that in a very winnable game, let Butler take the lumps at DT and spare some reps for guys who will be more likely needed down the stretch. 

Just a guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Don’t let WGR’s Brian Koziol see this.  He took far too much delight in firing off vitriol-filled tweets over Beasley and Davis missing time. 

Very different situation/stakes.

Bills were a SB favorite this summer when these choices were being made.............they made their choice.........and ended up missing the most important/pivotal game of the regular season.

The Falcons have a 2% chance of making the playoffs right now.

Not surprising if their players are being careless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think his implication here is that in a very winnable game, let Butler take the lumps at DT and spare some reps for guys who will be more likely needed down the stretch. 

Just a guess. 

So another variant of "we don't really need to go all out and put our best guys on the field to win against the Falcons"?  I guess that could be the correct interpretation.

If so I disagree.  The Bills have lost too many winnable games for that to seem like a good strategy when the last 2 games are "must wins"

The Falcons are 7-2 in 1 score games this season

The Bills are 0-5 in 1 score games this season

Either it's bad luck, or bad attitude "looking past" teams we really should be able to beat.   We better take no chances here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was pointing to the absurdity of that signing.

Of course you don't play him tomorrow if the Bills have already given up on him and want to evaluate a PS player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.