1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

Per Don Paul:

The storm track and impact uncertainty grows more uncertain as the weekend progresses. The Weather Prediction Center has chosen a middle ground, bringing the center of the vigorous low right into our region by Sunday morning.

If this early WPC track estimate verifies, it would bring milder readings into the mid 40s during Saturday with any mix turning to rain. However, colder winds wrapping around behind the low would change any precipitation to snow on a windy Sunday, as readings fall though the 30s. That would make for an interesting weather scenario as Atlanta visits Buffalo on Sunday.

However, I have to emphasize again how much uncertainty there is on this storm system track. The last run of the ECMWF takes this low south of us, placing Western New York in its cold northeast winds Sunday morning, along with snow and possible blowing snow.

On the other hand (don’t I often use that phrase?), the American GFS has a different idea. It takes the low well north of Toronto, keeping us on its milder side with rain Saturday night and spotty showers on a very windy Sunday, with some southwest gusts over 40 mph. Temps would begin falling by game time, but with the GFS, we would have missed the storm’s widespread snow.

The Canadian GEM model also keeps the low north of us, but as far north. You may see why the Weather Prediction Center is choosing the middle ground. Independent of WPC’s thinking, the uncertainty and model spread leads me down the WPC path at this early point.

Bills need to get off the blocks in the first quarter and not give ATL any hope. No slow starts! Just take care of business. Ryan is still a good QB and does have weapons (Pitts, Hurst, Patterson). Don’t let him just drop back. Have to bring pressure and make him move.  ATL haven’t played at the Ralph since early 2000’s.

As others have stated, if you don’t bring it every game, you can get beat by bad teams. Detroit over AZ, Jags over Bills, Tex over SD. 

Bills are in playoff mode since yesterday as there is no room for error.  Take care of ATL and NYJ, secure the 3 seed and go into the playoffs with momentum. 

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope they've gotten over it, but there was a funny vibe on the Bills earlier in the season where they would have a great, "signature" type win, their PR team would put out some funny ***** lampooning the other team, the national press would take notice and start adulating the Bills, and the Bills would get punched in the mouth the next game - seeming to come out flat and not be able to seal the deal or even taking an inexplicable loss. 

KC followed by Tenn. 

Dolphins followed by Jags. 

Worst, Jets followed by Indy where Indy practically flipped the score

I hope we've learned from this.  Anyone can beat us.  We have to prepare for everyone like they're the Pats.

Don't Eat the Cheese, Boys.  Don't read the press clippings.

This x10000.

When I saw all the jawing this team did after yesterday's win, I did a bit of a facepalm. Josh yelling "who the ***** did they think I was?!" and Poyer talking smack to Jerry Sullivan. All of that nonsense.

Stay humble and stay hungry, boys.

I agree that when this team is supremely motivated -- as they were against KC and NE part 2 -- they are nearly unbeatable. But they also seem to have the faintest whiff of "reading their own press clippings" this season. It's partially what I think has led to some of their bad games this year and their disappointing record overall, relative to expectations.

If this season has showed us anything it's that any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. Add COVID into the mix and the aforementioned possibility of over-confidence, and I don't know how people can't be at least a LITTLE nervous about the remaining two games.

If we go out and lose to Atlanta or the Jets, then yesterday's win meant nothing, and New England can still win the division.

Stay humble, stay hungry.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Per Don Paul:

The storm track and impact uncertainty grows more uncertain as the weekend progresses. The Weather Prediction Center has chosen a middle ground, bringing the center of the vigorous low right into our region by Sunday morning.

If this early WPC track estimate verifies, it would bring milder readings into the mid 40s during Saturday with any mix turning to rain. However, colder winds wrapping around behind the low would change any precipitation to snow on a windy Sunday, as readings fall though the 30s. That would make for an interesting weather scenario as Atlanta visits Buffalo on Sunday.

However, I have to emphasize again how much uncertainty there is on this storm system track. The last run of the ECMWF takes this low south of us, placing Western New York in its cold northeast winds Sunday morning, along with snow and possible blowing snow.

On the other hand (don’t I often use that phrase?), the American GFS has a different idea. It takes the low well north of Toronto, keeping us on its milder side with rain Saturday night and spotty showers on a very windy Sunday, with some southwest gusts over 40 mph. Temps would begin falling by game time, but with the GFS, we would have missed the storm’s widespread snow.

The Canadian GEM model also keeps the low north of us, but as far north. You may see why the Weather Prediction Center is choosing the middle ground. Independent of WPC’s thinking, the uncertainty and model spread leads me down the WPC path at this early point.

Exactly.  The weather will be dominated by a Canadian Low.....................which is not to be confused with a Mexican High.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yesterday's weather in NE wasn't horrible but it wasn't good.

I do think Josh can push through 5-15mph just fine. You all have to admit, however, any future WR, K, QB has to question their own sanity and wallet to come to BUF. Let's face it, Josh hit Pro Bowl type throws in that NE Hurricane but literally nobody "got it".  The media was critical of Diggs drop(s) in hurricane end-zone--still blows my mind that people mention those drops.

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

This x10000.

When I saw all the jawing this team did after yesterday's win, I did a bit of a facepalm. Josh yelling "who the ***** did they think I was?!" and Poyer talking smack to Jerry Sullivan. All of that nonsense.

Stay humble and stay hungry, boys.

I agree that when this team is supremely motivated -- as they were against KC and NE part 2 -- they are nearly unbeatable. But they also seem to have the faintest whiff of "reading their own press clippings" this season. It's partially what I think has led to some of their bad games this year and their disappointing record overall, relative to expectations.

If this season has showed us anything it's that any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. Add COVID into the mix and the aforementioned possibility of over-confidence, and I don't know how people can't be at least a LITTLE nervous about the remaining two games.

If we go out and lose to Atlanta or the Jets, then yesterday's win meant nothing, and New England can still win the division.

Stay humble, stay hungry.

All the dudes doing the chirping are walking the walk (except Spencer Brown imo, although he seemed to have had a great game yesterday).  Our losses have mainly been on the OL.  I don’t have a problem with any unit except the OL (and lack of depth @ TE).  Rb could be better, but motor has been just fine.

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I do think Josh can push through 5-15mph just fine. You all have to admit, however, any future WR, K, QB has to question their own sanity and wallet to come to BUF. Let's face it, Josh hit Pro Bowl type throws in that NE Hurricane but literally nobody "got it".  The media was critical of Diggs drop(s) in hurricane end-zone--still blows my mind that people mention those drops.

You think the media was that bad regarding the Diggs drops?  Our All pro WR dropped a TD that he had two hands on in a 1 score game vs our division rival. It was a huge play. It should’ve been talked about.  

I agree, the catch had a high level of difficulty, but Josh Allen beating Jaimie Collins and JC Jackson to get the first down yesterday was also a high level of difficulty.  Those are the plays that you want to see your best players make in the biggest of games. I personally didn’t bash Diggs for not making the catch but I was very disappointed that he didn’t.  I felt he should have caught the ball.  If we could ask him, I think he’d agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

I’ll go ahead and start this thread.  The Falcons ARE NOT GOOD.  They’re not even average.  Don’t be fooled by the 7-8 record.  Their wins:  Jets, Giants, Jags, Lions, Saints, Dolphins (early in the year), and Panthers (with whom they split).  They have a -122 point differential.

What should we worry about?  Patterson as a RB has been good.  Otherwise?  Meh.

Buckle down and take care of business, Buffalo.

After the Bills lost to the Jags I take nothing for granted. Hopefully the team plays the rest of the season with the attitude they had yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All the dudes doing the chirping are walking the walk (except Spencer Brown imo, although he seemed to have had a great game yesterday).  Our losses have mainly been on the OL.  I don’t have a problem with any unit except the OL (and lack of depth @ TE).  Rb could be better, but motor has been just fine.

That ball didn’t even come close to hitting his hands.   It hit him right in the middle of the arms, he was a good foot from his hands.   Just shows you he had almost no chance of catching it.   He didn’t even whiff coming anywhere near close to catching that ball.

That ball must have been wobbling and whirling in the air.    

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills need to get off the blocks in the first quarter and not give ATL any hope. No slow starts! Just take care of business. Ryan is still a good QB and does have weapons (Pitts, Hurst, Patterson). Don’t let him just drop back. Have to bring pressure and make him move.  ATL haven’t played at the Ralph since early 2000’s.

As others have stated, if you don’t bring it every game, you can get beat by bad teams. Detroit over AZ, Jags over Bills, Tex over SD. 

Bills are in playoff mode since yesterday as there is no room for error.  Take care of ATL and NYJ, secure the 3 seed and go into the playoffs with momentum. 

LETS GO BUFFALO!

So true there aren’t any more trap games the players and coaches no what’s on the line. 

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I so want to believe that the Bill's began their "hot stretch" to the Super Bowl with yesterday's win.

I think the hot stretch started in the second half of the bucs game.

While it sucked to lose, I wasn’t too concerned coming out of the game because I saw something click in the second half that I thought could carryover for the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Falcons have only scored 278 points this season...to put that in perspective, the Jets have scored 276.  Only six teams have scored fewer.  They've also given up 400 points, more than all but four teams.

I'm really bored with the "the Bills lost to the Jags, I'm not taking anything for granted" takes.  This is not a game in early November; it's one of two left, at home, to clinch the division.  Buffalo isn't looking past anyone and I fully expect an ass kicking.

• Haha (+1) 1

This whole, "after Jacksonville, I'm not taking anything for granted" nonsense is trite and irrelevant at this point. That was Week 9 on the road and the Jags are far better on D than either the Falcons or Jest. We're now half a season removed from that debacle and this team knows exactly what is in front of them. They close the year against two inferior opponents...both at home...with a division title and at least one home playoff game on the line. The wake up calls are over and the ship has been righted with back-to-back solid wins. The only thing that concerns me at this point is a widespread team COVID outbreak which also sidelines Josh. If they can avoid that, they will register a 'W' for both of these games. Book it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

The Falcons have only scored 278 points this season...to put that in perspective, the Jets have scored 276.  Only six teams have scored fewer.  They've also given up 400 points, more than all but four teams.

I'm really bored with the "the Bills lost to the Jags, I'm not taking anything for granted" takes.  This is not a game in early November; it's one of two left, at home, to clinch the division.  Buffalo isn't looking past anyone and I fully expect an ass kicking.

I think the whole thing is pretty clear, the Bills should win they just got to go out there and ***** do it.

Barring any COVID major developments, I fully expect to come the Bills to come out and dominate.  

The switch has been turned on, Buffalo will be playing with a high level of urgency from now until the end.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

Having watched a few falcons games they are kinda a sneaky team they look so overmatched at times but a long ball here and there and somehow they are in the game….

their secondary is garbage but they have a decent pass rush…give Josh time this game will be over by halftime…

Matt Ryan is a shell of himself anymore and is honestly a threat to turn the ball over every play 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.