Lil’ Dirty game MVP

Paul Costa

I thought Isiah McKenzie needed some real love ❤️ on here. We expect big things from Josh but who expected the McKenzie explosion. Certainly not the Patriots. He was the true difference maker yesterday. So what happens if and when Beasley comes back. Can Lil’  dirty get some snaps from Beasley? Almost a timeshare in the slot if you will? 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

He torched #41 from the Pats all game. He was uncoverable. 

josh had so much confidence throwing to McKenzie and he came up clutch every single time. 

I was really impressed by McKenzie. Equally as impressive were the spot on throws josh had to him time and again

• Agree 3

Lil Dirty is the new Juice in Buffalo. If he never replicates that performance it will still live long in Bills lore.

On one hand I wonder what could have made McD sit such a beloved (to his teammates) player. I also marvel that McD has built a culture where such a thing is an afterthought. People continue to do their job.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I thought Isiah McKenzie needed some real love ❤️ on here. We expect big things from Josh but who expected the McKenzie explosion. Certainly not the Patriots. He was the true difference maker yesterday. So what happens if and when Beasley comes back. Can Lil’  dirty get some snaps from Beasley? Almost a timeshare in the slot if you will? 

.😁

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

Resign him.  Please.  He brings a lot to the table and can probably be had for candies compared to other options.  He might be the best WR5 in the league and worthy of a bigger role. Josh trusts him waaaay more than sanders and he gets open on the reg.  I have no problem with Beas and would like to bring him back, but if we let him go and resign Isaiah to be our slot guy, I wouldn’t complain.  Im sure we’d add another solid WR somewhere in the draft of FA to add depth.

but Josh was the CLEAR MVP yesterday.  Quite possibly his best game ever.  He’s had games where he threw the ball better (3/4 passes sailed on him yesterday) and he’s had games where he threaded 5-6 needles….. but his growth is what stood out yesterday.  He took what the D gave him and used his legs to perfection.  The hesi he threw on the DL to thread himself through the DL and DB on 4th and 2 couldn’t have been more ridiculous.  He had no business getting that first down.  But that’s our QB…… and we’re lucky to have him.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

BTW.  I said Gabe being out might be an Advantage.   Pats DBs are build to play guys like Gabe.  They aren't the fastest or quickest but play physical.   Throwing a line up of McKenzie sanders and diggs at them is their kryptonite.  They don't have the foot speed to keep up. 

7 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

BTW.  I said Gabe being out might be an Advantage.   Pats DBs are build to play guys like Gabe.  They aren't the fastest or quickest but play physical.   Throwing a line up of McKenzie sanders and diggs at them is their kryptonite.  They don't have the foot speed to keep up. 

I think 13 would have caught the perfect TD pass that 1 dropped

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

The issue with these micro sized slot guys as that they are constantly dinged up. Opportunities will present themselves for both to see snaps the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

The difference maker by far, the biggest story in the whole game, was that the offensive protected Allen. This is what was different from most Bills games this year and they did it with a makeshift line against a top defense. You give Allen time and he will destroy you.  
Should we play NE again, expect a different type of D. I expect NE to really come after Allen, see if we can beat them that way.

Allen really matured yesterday, taking those short passes, now DCs have to figure a new way to stop Allen.

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

I just hope that now he retains a spot in this offense.

No more holy trinity of Diggs, Sanders and Beasley playing 95% of snaps.

Our Coaches have to see that Davis should be starting and McKenzie can start taking snaps away from Beasley immediately.

Nobody should be shocked about yesterday, Beasley has been out of gas all season and fans have been saying this all year.

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

Lil Dirty is the new Juice in Buffalo. If he never replicates that performance it will still live long in Bills lore.

On one hand I wonder what could have made McD sit such a beloved (to his teammates) player. I also marvel that McD has built a culture where such a thing is an afterthought. People continue to do their job.

One thing I will say... they absolutely just can’t sit him now.  After a game like yesterday, defenses will have to account for him!  Not only in the passing game, but the Lil Dirty sweeps were back yesterday and defenses have to hesitate every time he goes in motion. 

I think Cole has more than proven his worth to the team.  If he’s cleared, he should absolutely play.  But they have to keep McKenzie out there as well.  IMO, Sanders is the odd man out.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

The difference maker by far, the biggest story in the whole game, was that the offensive protected Allen. This is what was different from most Bills games this year and they did it with a makeshift line against a top defense. You give Allen time and he will destroy you.  
Should we play NE again, expect a different type of D. I expect NE to really come after Allen, see if we can beat them that way.

Allen really matured yesterday, taking those short passes, now DCs have to figure a new way to stop Allen.

Go Bills!

I think the O-line was showing Josh appreciation, for the Xmas gifts they received from him! : )

Beasley has a dead cap hit of $8.4MM as he's under contract through next season, so he's not going anywhere.  Sanders is on a one year.  I feel a little better about our OL after yesterday, wondering if there's not a sub 4.3 wide out available that will keep defenses honest [modern day Beebe equivalent].  I shudder to think with Josh's arm if he had a wideout with Tyriek type speed what would happen.

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

One thing I will say... they absolutely just can’t sit him now.  After a game like yesterday, defenses will have to account for him!  Not only in the passing game, but the Lil Dirty sweeps were back yesterday and defenses have to hesitate every time he goes in motion. 

I think Cole has more than proven his worth to the team.  If he’s cleared, he should absolutely play.  But they have to keep McKenzie out there as well.  IMO, Sanders is the odd man out.  

& Davis? At full strength that's a scary WR room.

Edited by Beerball

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.