Why Cole or Isaiah?

Buffalo Barbarian

Could see them restructuring Cole but would prefer having both weapons. Regarding the cap, have to believe Star, Hughes, Addison and Butler won’t be on the roster next year. Extend or resign, Diggs, Levi and Williams at OG. 

Adding a stud OG would help this OL greatly. Needs then are DT, CB, RB and depth at TE and OT. Go get your top FA and then be aggressive in the draft as there will only be few opportunities for rookies to compete for.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

No I disagree, there is a diatribe against Cole mainly because he says things people think he ought not and they want to burn him at the stake for it. Pathetic in my opinion. 

He was actually pretty good in Dallas 

Yeah, for sure.  There are a bunch of fans that feel that way.  I just feel that, when it comes to the Beane, money will be the biggest factor in his decision 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Sad fact of the NFL is Josh is at some point going to be throwing to a completely different cast of characters because everyone he's throwing to right now will of retired a good stretch before him, not to mention the guys blocking for him.

Yep and players like diggs don’t come around often, dude is a great route runner so glad we traded for him 

37 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Your reply seems pretty shortsighted and condescending, but let's break it down. 

One we have a viable replacement for, the other we don't. One is in his prime, age & ability wise, the other will be 33 before the draft. One is considered one of the best in the league, the other is not.

Also one is 9th in receiving yards and tied for 6th in receiving TDs. The other is 47th in receiving yards and tied for 153th in receiving TDs. McKenzie has found the end zone more times this year than Beasley with 1/3 of the touches Beasley has had. 

When you have to start paying your QB you have to make tough choices like this. Though I personally don't see this as a tough choice.

Comparing a slot receiver to Diggs is not logical, hence my (yes) condescending remark. Again, this is not an either or argument nor should it be. 

But since you brought up stats, let's do that. Among SLOT receivers, Beasley is:

No. 3 in receptions. 
No. 5 in reception yards.

Not bad. 

He is reliable still, has a knack of finding the soft spot in the zone and plays tough. 

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

Can't believe 2 people downvoted you.

Yesterday proved why you keep multiple good players at the same position when you can! Injuries happen, COVID happens, suspensions happen... "Next man up," is often thrown out, but that often just means "pray for the best & hope they don't bomb!"

In this case, we KNOW they won't bomb, don't have to expect the worst, and know they're capable of high production without setting back the team. 

Getting rid of one of them kills that luxury. You're back to gambling on full time availability & hopes the replacements don't handicap the team. When they're both healthy, you then have even MORE options & ways to attack an opponent! You don't intentionally negate that blessing. 

If you lose one, it better be because they chose to leave... or some team with a ton of cap space threw the bank at them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Beasley will likely be a cap casualty if he doesn’t retire. I appreciate all he’s done for this team and hope they can find a way to hang on to him. 

Sander will definitely be gone next year i believe so there will be extra money to keep the both of them .

55 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It's almost like people on here are reactionary and prisoners of the moment? Mac had the game of his career and people immediately think that is repeatable every game. Beasley has shown to be a much more consistent player and deserves to get back into the lineup. But Mac should be used more too. I would say give Sanders less snaps as the WR4 and give more of those snaps to Mac. Beasley has still been fairly productive this season and Josh has a high level of comfort with him.

I am a Big Lil Dirty fan and have always thought he had more in him than we've been allowed to see. Although I think McKenzie can repeat good games if given the chance, I still like having Cole's experience available coming down the stretch and in the playoffs. Given Beasley's age and being dinged a bit lately, I am really glad to have McKenzie. Gives Cole time to get healthy and be ready to go or to totally step in if needed. I'll leave the question of Cole OR McKenzie open until the offseason. The one negative I have with Lil Dirty is his TD dance/celebration needs major improvement.😁

32 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

But since you brought up stats, let's do that. Among SLOT receivers, Beasley is:

No. 3 in receptions. 

Curious where you found stats ranking slot receivers. I was looking for some last night. 

19 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

I’m all for it but next year the Bills are tight against the cap and can save money by cutting Beasley, which they could use to re-sign McKenzie and maybe another player.  

53 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Comparing a slot receiver to Diggs is not logical, hence my (yes) condescending remark. Again, this is not an either or argument nor should it be. 

No. 3 in receptions. 

Not bad. 

He is reliable still, has a knack of finding the soft spot in the zone and plays tough. 

I'm sure those numbers are true, but how many slot guys are getting the number of targets he gets? 101(T27th in the league) in 14 games.

His longest catch since October is 15 yards, his biggest game 64 yards, his 1st down catches are way down this year, his yards per catch is the lowest of his career, he only has 1 TD(Lowest since his rookie year). That's against some good and bad defenses. IMO yesterday showed it isn't play calling, McKenzie just tore it up against a top 3 passing defense.

We'll see what happens, but I think we're going to see a youth movement at WR2 & WR3 next year and rightfully so.

• Like (+1) 1

I think IF the online is going to play like they did yesterday I want Diggs/Davis on the outside  and Makenzie in the slot. And same with Knox in on 4 wr sets.  Davis is better than Sanders at this point. If he's in yesterday he would've had is usual 4 catch 69+ yards and another TD.  Beasley is huge if we need someone to win off the line and catch a 3rd and 3 when Josh is under quick pressure. But if the line holds up Diggs, Davis, Mckenzie, and knox are the offenses best option. Mckenzie adds to team speed and scheme. No Def can stop that if Josh has time. 

Edited by Franchiseneedsme
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.