Why Cole or Isaiah?

Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Because they fill a similar role so the younger cheaper guy playing well makes the older more expensive one more expendable.

The younger cheaper one's contract will expire while the older more expensive one has another year left at a really decent price tag.  Utilizing both as the OP suggested is reasonable in my opinion.  For this season and next.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

Other things being equal I agree with you

But

We’re going to need to find cap space from somewhere

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Because people can’t stand that he chooses not get an experimental fully approved vax injected into his body and they disagree. You can no longer have a discussion with someone if you’re on the ‘other’ side of whatever argument. It’s an extension of cancel culture. 

FIFY.  Maybe people could have discussions if the people they were trying to discuss with spent less time complaining about “cancel culture” and more time starting from actual facts

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Why?

Because people get their feelings hurt too easily.

No you save money by cutting him.   No one on here is saying that they should Davis.  They need to make space and you do that with by cutting Beas and replacing him with someone younger and cheaper. They should be doing this with Star also

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

Who's more available?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cDAVIS said:

I will say this. Whenever McKenzie is a big role in the offense, teams never really have someone to cover him effectively

That's only happened in two games, though. He has been a gadget player at most in every other game he has played.

He has earned more opportunities though, in my opinion. I'd rather see him on the field than Sanders.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Isaiah really showed me something today. He's not as shifty in the slot as Beasley but his separation and speed create more YAC than Cole.

Only against slower nickel corners.. FWIW is MC-z really that much faster than Cole?   There is a reason why shiftiness works.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

The younger cheaper one's contract will expire while the older more expensive one has another year left at a really decent price tag.  Utilizing both as the OP suggested is reasonable in my opinion.  For this season and next.

Isaiah will likely get paid around what Cole is being paid now.

Not sure I want two slot receivers being paid a total of 15 million unless it's one guy and his name is Chris Godwin.

If McKenzie gets paid and stays on this team, Cole's money will be better spent elsewhere like CB, OL, or DL.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cap space, resigning players with expiring contracts and adding FAs.

If Beasley needs to be a piece removed in order to sign an actual GOOD offensive lineman in FA, we have to do it.

15 hours ago, 716er said:

In 2022 Cole shouldn't be penciled in as a starter. 

Cole  Beasley proactively decided to miss 10 days this season back in the offseason when the rules came out. His replacement balled out in his absence. Similar to the way he did against Miami last year when Beasley was hurt. Cole Beasley shouldn't be penciled in as the started for the remainder of this season until his replacement loses the job. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

And a useful player with $8.5 million dead cap.  We don’t have cap space to burn 

I may have missed you two arguing more up thread, but Beasley only costs us $1.5M in dead cap next year but saves us ~$6M. I think if McKenzie continues to ball the rest of the season and the playoffs, you give some of that money to him, and the remainder to upgrading other position groups. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

And a useful player with $8.5 million dead cap.  We don’t have cap space to burn 

This is wrong.

If Cole is cut before June 1st after this season ends the Bills will incur a $1.5 million dead cap hit and would save $6.1 million on next years cap ($7.6 million hit if Cole plays on the Bills next year)

https://overthecap.com/player/cole-beasley/613/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Because they fill a similar role so the younger cheaper guy playing well makes the older more expensive one more expendable.

And there's your winning answer.  Isaiah turns 27 in April and Cole turns 33 in April. We all love Beas but his time in Buffalo may be over in the next year or so.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

This is wrong.

If Cole is cut before June 1st after this season ends the Bills will incur a $1.5 million dead cap hit and would save $6.1 million on next years cap ($7.6 million hit if Cole plays on the Bills next year)

https://overthecap.com/player/cole-beasley/613/

thats interesting then.  I just read that $8 million in another thread.  With that savings Id strongly consider taking that money and paying Isiah

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

thats interesting then.  I just read that $8 million in another thread.  With that savings Id strongly consider taking that money and paying Isiah

or don't pay either and go all in for off-season dreamboat Chris Godwin 

Edited by 716er
  • Dislike 1

It is time to thank Beas for the memories, move on and give that money to McKenzie. I have said it multiple times this season but Beas has lost a step. It is noticeable to me that he is just a tad slower out of his breaks and as such a lot more of those throws to him are now contested balls. He was a vital component in Josh Allen's development and for that we should be very grateful. But the right move is to move on. McKenzie would come cheaper and he has better separation ability at this stage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.