Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I love Grimes.  That was a helluva pick.  Loved him at Kansas and Houston. He’s got the grit tibs needs. 

you really want Ben Simmons?  The guys that refuses to practice shooting?  He’s the biggest embarrassment in the nba by a long shot.  No heart. 

KAT is an exceptional talent and ball player, but there’s a reason that jimmy Butler went off on him the way he did.  He’s soft.  He plays soft too.  Watch him in the final moments of every game.  Standing at the 3 point line waiting.  If they give him the ball inside the arc, he dribbled backwards and shoots J’s even when he’s guarded by smaller defenders. I’m not a fan of his mindset and lack of aggressiveness on the court. 

Ben for the defense. He can defend every position. KAT for the inside/out game. Will open up outside shooting, then can step out and hit shots himself 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well someone lost now didn’t they because their D didn’t make the other team punt once…  maybe what I should say is when your teams D makes zero stops outside of one on the 1 inch line. Your not gonna win that game.

Your exact statement...word for word...was, "No team is going to win a game their D doesn’t make one punt happen" not "Well someone lost now didn’t they because their D didn’t make the other team punt once." In the 'No Punt Game' vs the 49ers, the Bills' D "didn’t make the other team punt once" yet the Bills won the game so you were incorrect, plain and simple. Don't create a false narrative in order to fit your agenda. If you want to try and clean it up now and do a mea culpa, fine. Admit you were wrong and we'll move on. I get the general point of what you were trying to say but you stated it as an absolute which is not true, rare as it may be, and then you came back and tried to "yeah but" it.

These comparisons of rookie years between Allen and Jones are laughable. Jones has had every advantage that Allen didn’t have; chiefly a major league offensive line. Imagine Jones behind that Bills 2018 offensive line, with that group of receivers and tell me honestly how his rookie year would be going. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

These comparisons of rookie years between Allen and Jones are laughable. Jones has had every advantage that Allen didn’t have; chiefly a major league offensive line. Imagine Jones behind that Bills 2018 offensive line, with that group of receivers and tell me honestly how his rookie year would be going. 

Jones was also a two-year starter at Alabama, essentially playing with and against NFL players every week…Josh played two years at Wyoming, with and against guys who were barely recruited out of HS…of course he’s going to have a huge adjustment moving to the NFL…

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Look Allen keeps taking those hits instead of sliding his career will be significantly shorter. That’s not hope or brag that’s simple common sense, the more you get hit the more likely to get hurt.. why do you think RB careers are normally short? 

Dude, I literally said the Bills O was unstoppable.  I’m sorry if adding the fact that even when Allen made mistakes they slipped right threw the Pats D hands hurt your feelings.. but it was also true. Mind you the fact you can’t read sarcasm is scary. I was being sarcastic because the post I quoted thought Allen went on another level. He didn’t!

You will be good as long as Allen can be a threat with his legs as well as his arm. Once he becomes less mobile the Bills days on top are numbered., Unless he grows in pocket presence and accuracy under duress while in the pocket.  (Now watch someone going find fault with stating this..)

Allen's accuracy is far better than any other "running" QB. When he can no longer run, he will just be a larger than average (much larger) accurate QB with a cannon for an arm. I understand why you might dismiss him as a QB who will get hurt and be ineffective, you do not watch every game as we all do. But I think when you watched that game yesterday, you also saw a team (Bills) that:

A) Has a subpar running game and needed to run to keep the PATS from playing deep cover two or three the entire game

B) Are in the playoffs already, (win or die) starting yesterday and of late, I've seen Ole Tom Brady "sprinting" for 1st downs, doing what it takes

C) Has a QB who will find a way when the chips are down, in whatever way possible

D) Is learning to throw underneath and take what the D gives. Ala Tom Brady for two decades.

90% of the time JA slides, yesterday, he was going to get that win no matter what. Against TB we were down big and nearly pulled it off. Allen is a gamer, always believes he can win and is young and strong. The good news is, the head and heart will not leave him as he ages and he will get even better at QB...

You are a PATS fan, you badly want to console yourself with how the JA experience has a limited window. I know and understand, we kept waiting for TB12 to get old. I am just glad he got dumped a few years too early...

I think Allen is going to get better, much better.

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You could be right,, but he is only a rookie who has done everything the Pats have asked him. He didn’t lose todays game for the Pats that was the D that dropped at least 2 INT but worse we’re never able to get off the field. 

I completely agree two interceptions and 145 yards with no TDs is a masterful performance. I wouldn't ever compare him to Brady when it's clear his ceiling is easily double that.

38 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Ben for the defense. He can defend every position. KAT for the inside/out game. Will open up outside shooting, then can step out and hit shots himself 

It’s 2021- the fact that he refuses to work on his J is a testament to his character and work ethic.  His inability to shoot outside of the paint allows the opposing defense to play 5 on 4-  it has a huge negative affect on his teams’ O.  

he’s a great athlete, defender and playmaker that lacks the desire to be an elite player.  I wouldn’t touch his character with a 10 foot pole

No punts!   🤣😂🤣

The superior Buffalo Bills just took the inferior Patriots team out behind the woodshed and whipped them.  😂

And they did it in Foxborough! 🤣

Most pleasing and satisfying win of the season so far.   

Patriot fans can suck it.    Love to drink your tears of misery.

I'm going to be on cloud 9 all week because of this beat down.   Woooooohoooo!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! BB didn’t commit a lot of resources to Offense when he had a BETTER QB than Allen, so why would he for Allen?  Allen does have accuracy issues when forced to stay in the pocket and throw under pressure it’s been proven this year twice by Indy and Pittsburg.  Hell he threw a couple ducks yesterday! (Only a couple) 

LMAO He built the line and D with TE because he knew whoever he drafted the teams play was going to mirror 2001.  Allen is a great QB but he doesn’t elevate the skill players around him, he is not a Manning, Brady, or Breese, at least not yet.

What?  Every receiver Allen has played with had career years.  How is that not elevating them?  Well except for maybe Sanders who came here on the downside of his career.  2 years ago Allen made John Brown look like a #1 receiver.  He cant even find a team this year.  Zay Jones had over 650 yards with Allen and his next two years were 216 and 154.  It doesn't look like he will get there this year either with 399 so far.  How is that not elevating?

Last season Allen was one of the best from the pocket and under pressure.  Id like to see Mac and Cheese play behind this line.  Before you say anything about that our line has been dog ***** all year.  Yesterday was one of their best games.  Also with zero run support.  Then come back and tell me Allen cant throw from the pocket or elevate his team.  

Normally you are pretty level headed.  I honestly cant believe that is your viewpoint in this case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Do you seriously think that McCorkle is leading this team to a Super Bowl?  Ever?  

This is the best thing that could have happened for the Bills. Seriously, think if Belichick could have somehow traded for R. Wilson or D. Watson. Now they will waste 3 years at least of Belichicks coaching life span on McCorkle. Belichick will be 70 in April. I mean I guess he could coach another 5 years, but I doubt it. If the Pats somehow miss the playoffs this year and then the next two, Boston people (not sure there are real fans for the Pats), will be calling for Belichick's removal. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm sure he would say he's just trying to punch out the ball, but considering that Allen is already on the ground, I feel that this is excessive.

(GIF, so it may take a few seconds to load)

719529014_ezgif-2-20e549670c(1).gif.965f

He is a dirty, scummy player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I love Grimes.  That was a helluva pick.  Loved him at Kansas and Houston. He’s got the grit tibs needs. 

you really want Ben Simmons?  The guys that refuses to practice shooting?  He’s the biggest embarrassment in the nba by a long shot.  No heart. 

KAT is an exceptional talent and ball player, but there’s a reason that jimmy Butler went off on him the way he did.  He’s soft.  He plays soft too.  Watch him in the final moments of every game.  Standing at the 3 point line waiting.  If they give him the ball inside the arc, he dribbled backwards and shoots J’s even when he’s guarded by smaller defenders. I’m not a fan of his mindset and lack of aggressiveness on the court. 

I just read this post and thought I clicked on the wrong topic.

17 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

JC definitely had a clear INT and very potentially a pick 6.  I think Jones will be fine.  

I’m pretty sure a lot of folks were out in front of their skis on NE.  Kudos to you guys for putting a scare into Buffalo.    Anyone telling you differently is just blowing smoke.  

Bryant on McKenzie was the difference in that game.  Pretty surprised NE didn’t have much of a pass rush.  But when looking at Allen’s pass distribution today it’s pretty clear he was just taking the 8 yarders all day.  So getting rid of it fast made Buffalo Oline look better than it probably actually played. 

NE clearly needs some WRs.  You guys clearly missed Agholor yesterday.  

Beware the Jaguar.  They bite when you least expect it. 

13 minutes ago, Success said:

It was inevitable that the Jones hype would fizzle out.  The way people were talking about him over the past 2 months was so over the top.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't their starter in a couple of years.

Mac Fing Jones isn't even the best bama QB in our Division...

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm sure he would say he's just trying to punch out the ball, but considering that Allen is already on the ground, I feel that this is excessive.

The trip was dirty, this looks like he is trying to punch the ball out.. but really hard tel if he was going down before Allen was already down or not.

44 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hard from the clip see if he was going down before Allen was down, the trip was dirty and I’ve already said he gets stupid when he gets frustrated.. 

49 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

What?  Every receiver Allen has played with had career years.  How is that not elevating them?  Well except for maybe Sanders who came here on the downside of his career.  2 years ago Allen made John Brown look like a #1 receiver.  He cant even find a team this year.  Zay Jones had over 650 yards with Allen and his next two years were 216 and 154.  It doesn't look like he will get there this year either with 399 so far.  How is that not elevating?

Last season Allen was one of the best from the pocket and under pressure.  Id like to see Mac and Cheese play behind this line.  Before you say anything about that our line has been dog ***** all year.  Yesterday was one of their best games.  Also with zero run support.  Then come back and tell me Allen cant throw from the pocket or elevate his team.  

Normally you are pretty level headed.  I honestly cant believe that is your viewpoint in this case.

OMG will you Allen apologist stop! We are talking about his rookie year and how he stunk then and how you can’t call a QB based off of one year. Jesus some Bills fans love Allen so much they can’t see straight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.