Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

Just now, Limeaid said:

Almost no QB can.  Lemur may be able to run better, Br*dy might be able to fake better, but no QB has his complete package including willing to learn.

Truth, and can you believe this guy plays for Buffalo?

The Bills WILL win a championship with Josh Allen. He played like a savant today

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I think you are making the same mistake many a Bills fan, including myself, have made with their QBs.  They show a little promise so we think its just a matter of growing and getting more help.  I just don't see anything more than a game manager in Jones.  He is a young Fitzpatrick IMO.  Good enough to win some games and keep the fans and the team interested but not good enough to win it all without the 85 Bears defense.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

The one HUGE difference, IMO is BB will make him as good as he possibly can be and IMO BB can win a SB with him.  

Arm strength, I saw Brady’s arm get stronger after his first couple years.. I don’t expect a rifle arm but a decent arm possibly. 

Hey I could be wrong, but the Kid will get to the Playoffs more than likely this year and he will be made the best possible QB he can be with BB

Just now, buffblue said:

Truth, and can you believe this guy plays for Buffalo?

The Bills WILL win a championship with Josh Allen. He played like a savant today

He will have a hard time with Mahomes around. Not saying he won’t but Mahomes is going dominate the AFC a lot of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

With his middling physical skill set he needs to have lethal accuracy to make it in this league and I just don't see him ever getting to that level. He has good accuracy but not elite. Career backup or bridge QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

The one HUGE difference, IMO is BB will make him as good as he possibly can be and IMO BB can win a SB with him.  

Arm strength, I saw Brady’s arm get stronger after his first couple years.. I don’t expect a rifle arm but a decent arm possibly. 

Hey I could be wrong, but the Kid will get to the Playoffs more than likely this year and he will be made the best possible QB he can be with BB

I agree about Bill Belichick.  I still don't think he will be good enough.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think there must be a pit in the stomach of Pat's fans today realizing that Jones will simply never be capable physically of doing what Allen did today.

No there isn't. Pats fans are not envious of the bills QB in anyway. Good job on the win. They split. Cool with me.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you are making the same mistake many a Bills fan, including myself, have made with their QBs.  They show a little promise so we think its just a matter of growing and getting more help.  I just don't see anything more than a game manager in Jones.  He is a young Fitzpatrick IMO.  Good enough to win some games and keep the fans and the team interested but not good enough to win it all without the 85 Bears defense.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

He is nothing like Fitz because he doesn't gun-sling the football.  

That said, in the safe cocoon of the Pats* organization he is a decent game manager.  He does not make a lot of mistakes, he makes the easy throws.  

He plays like a Tyrod Taylor type of player, maybe a Ryan Tannehill at his highest level.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Odd definition of dynamic.

I think being clutch is a lot more dynamic than someone throwing the ball 90 yards or being a better runner than a passer.  I want my QB being smart and able to lead a comeback.. 80% of starting QBs can’t. (Baker mayfield, Newton, Wilson etc)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I think being clutch is a lot more dynamic than someone throwing the ball 90 yards or being a better runner than a passer.  I want my QB being smart and able to lead a comeback.. 80% of starting QBs can’t. (Baker mayfield, Newton, Wilson etc)

Good luck with that.  

Just now, buffblue said:

No doubt but all we ask for here in Buffalo is just one. The stars have to align for us once when you have a qb with the talent of this guy.

Don't they?

I wanted to like your post but it is having an issue.  Allen is good enough to win a SB or 2.  I think the hardest part will be where Kelly and Co. had issues. In the SB against the Packers or Rams or even TB and Brady. This year is perfect for them to go..

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think there must be a pit in the stomach of Pat's fans today realizing that Jones will simply never be capable physically of doing what Allen did today.

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

What QB can?

At most, the two guys who do State Farm commercials.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You could be right,, but he is only a rookie who has done everything the Pats have asked him. He didn’t lose todays game for the Pats that was the D that dropped at least 2 INT but worse we’re never able to get off the field. 

So I will give you props that you posted after game.   If i might say a couple things:

Pats D looked slow especially at LB.  Watch Josh on last drive 4th down conversion run where Collins and Hightower both whiffed.

Mac went 16 of 35 for 164 yds and 0 TDs and 2 picks in the 2 biggest games of his career so far - both vs Buffa!o.  And unlike A young Allen he shows no proclivity to make Explosive plays or create if the ca!led play breaks down.  You say he has Pats in games at the end.  I would say its the D and run game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You could be right,, but he is only a rookie who has done everything the Pats have asked him. He didn’t lose todays game for the Pats that was the D that dropped at least 2 INT but worse we’re never able to get off the field. 

I think you are looking past his faults.  Jones was awful today.  Inaccurate, panicked at times.  He has his moments, yes, but by in large he was very poor.  His lack of arm strength was obvious, he made some very bad reads, some very inaccurate passes, and some panicked throws.  When it counted  in the first three quarters he could not help his team.  Your defense was not the primary culprit today.  It is just that they played a better team, with a very good offense and just as good a defense  and the faults in their D showed.  The bigger problem is the offense for NE. Ultimately, they could not hide Jones’ faults today.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

I was much more disappointed in the D than the O. Sorry not forcing at least one punt is unacceptable.  (I literally yelled at the TV when Jackson dropped that INT thrown right to him with 7 minutes left.   I had to apologize for teaching my 7 year old nephew a new bad word lol)

Lol at thinking Mac Jones is going to amount to anything.

He’s so “meh” it hurts.

• Agree 1

Respect for coming back to take your medicine.  Mac did exactly what he did against a good team last week in Indy--not a whole hell of a lot during meaningful snaps.  You predicted the Pats would get 38 pts against us...not sure where that even came from considering our record against young QBs

Still, again, respect for coming back to take it.  You've been a good poster on this board for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

You're a class act, PatsFanNH, seriously.  Too bad your team and former QB can't say the same.  I especially enjoyed Judon deliberately tripping Josh Allen on his injured foot....  Either way, thank you for your thoughtful post.  We'll likely see you in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Thought Dawkins played well considering he was coming back from a week off due to the COVID. Great game by OL overall. Losing IB is bigger than most think. We lose another IOL without Felicia coming back likely going to be a problem. Still like to see ore off tackle and wider runs than we have called. No push up the middle so we need to look elsewhere. Maybe some misdirection off tackle? Great game though! 

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

But, but, but, dynamic!

Last I checked it took the entire O to be successful. That said the O did make it 26-21 with 7 minutes to go and the D still couldn’t find a way to stop the Bills. Again I am much more upset with the Pats D performance than the O’s.

23 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You're a class act, PatsFanNH, seriously.  Too bad your team and former QB can't say the same.  I especially enjoyed Judon deliberately tripping Josh Allen on his injured foot....  Either way, thank you for your thoughtful post.  We'll likely see you in the playoffs.

I missed large stretches of the game. (Busy with family) so I missed that play.  Judon can be a dirty player when he gets frustrated.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.