Ike Boettger torn Achilles

YoloinOhio

On 12/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that what dished Shawne Merriman, that he needed the surgery but didn’t get it or delayed getting it?

How likely is it that guys come back from it?

Coming back isn't isn't issue, explosiveness may never return when you have an Achilles rupture/tear.

He will be healthy again but as far as having the same get off its a toss up.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I mean, if she doesn't know the difference between an offside, encroachment and false start I doubt she has the backround to break down a DPI. 

I don't know about that, but I did see the play. Teller was like a statue, and definitely didn't even blink, let alone twitch.

I just wonder if it was the same crew who didn't know which number was which in one of our earlier games. That crew that called Trubisky's number out, when he wasn't even in the same state, let alone on the field. ;)

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven't had a chance to listen to McDermott's presser or Daboll's but did he say anything about Boettger's injury?

Also, has Hart ever played guard?  It's a little strange to me that they wouldn't want another IOL on the active roster with both Feliciano and Ford on the Covid list and now Boettger on IR.    I mean, we're down to 2 OGs right now, Bates and Williams.  Our experienced alternative, Jamil Douglas, is now playing for WFT.

Our two PS guys are Evin Ksiezarczyk (I believe has solely played OT) and Jacob Capra.  Capra has played guard.

We are getting have gotten scary thin on IOL IMHO

6 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Coming back isn't isn't issue, explosiveness may never return when you have an Achilles rupture/tear.

Ike is known for taking extensive notes and keeps a spreadsheet on every part of game.

I am sure he will treat his rehab same way getting whatever expertise he needs to recover,

15 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I believe they said Ike had an Achilles in college - other leg - he recovered and got his explosiveness back from that one - he can do it again.

The worst part for him is that he is a UFA after this season.  He loses out on a chance to sign and will most likely not be 100% to start the year.  

I would not be surprised to see the Bills offer him something to allow him to get healthy and come back during the season and maintain his rehab, but his current contract expires after this season.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:00 PM, Watkins101 said:

If it is a fully torn archilles, he’s done for the year, and could likely miss time next year. 

I think the surgery technique on achilles tears has gotten a lot better in the last decade. It used to be a career ruiner, but now guys seem to get back in 6-7 months or so and to be more or less fine. Takeo Spikes was never the same after his tear, but that's not the case with most players these days. 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

His mommy is complaining on Twitter  about the refs from their game, why not?

Well, she ain't wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:00 PM, Watkins101 said:

If it is a fully torn archilles, he’s done for the year, and could likely miss time next year. 

He may be able to play early next season, but he will have problems being effective for virtually the entire season.  Best case scenario: the Bills won't need him and can carry him on the practice squad for the whole season.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Key bit from Trimble's article:

Depending on how his rehab is going at the time, he may be able to participate in training camp OTA’s in June or may start the season on the PUP list in July. I would not be surprised or concerned if he starts on PUP due to roster management and they activate him shortly into training camp. My biggest concern would be the strength needed to play on the offensive line and display the power needed to block and move grown men around.

Unless there are complications or setbacks, it’s very reasonable to expect he will be ready in Week 1 of the 2022 NFL season. If he can get through the 2022 season at a lesser version of himself, the research suggests that he can return to his pre-injury level after one season.

24 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

He may be able to play early next season, but he will have problems being effective for virtually the entire season.  Best case scenario: the Bills won't need him and can carry him on the practice squad for the whole season.

KC moved on from LT Eric Fisher.  He started Week 2 for the Colts.  The Colts are apparently in the forefront on managing and rehabbing Achilles injuries with a return-to-play of >80%.  He had a bit of a rocky start but seems to have settled in.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.