Isaiah McKenzie appreciation

ArtVandalay

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's amazing to me how beholden to McDip**** people are.  He's an absolutely awful headcoach that has zero scheme, buries talented players, and will never win a super bowl. We constantly get out coached by good coaches.  People are committed to him because he broken a losing streak. But he sucks 

Well said 

59 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I came here to appreciate the play of Isaiah, but don’t agree with the negative overtone of the OP’s post.

McKenzie was an absolute stud today and was the best Bills receiver, by far.  I think his game has progressed to the point where it’s fair to ask if he should in the slot ahead of Beasley.  

Great game today!!  I hope you are all feeling as great as I am!!

So McKenzie was great last year, great in his first featured game this year, but I won't criticize the decision not to play him until we are in second place in the division. 

Come on man.  Ridiculous. 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

So McKenzie was great last year, great in his first featured game this year, but I won't criticize the decision not to play him until we are in second place in the division. 

Here’s the thing though-you’re not in practice with them, your whole argument is based off of today’s game. As several have said in this thread (which you have obviously ignored) he has struggled in practice, they gave him more of a focus on special teams so that takes away from his plays on offense. I think we all expected him to have a bigger role this year, it just didn’t happen. But go ahead, keep going on your crusade and completely ignore what the coaches see/talk about every day

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's amazing to me how beholden to McDip**** people are.  He's an absolutely awful headcoach that has zero scheme, buries talented players, and will never win a super bowl. We constantly get out coached by good coaches.  People are committed to him because he broken a losing streak. But he sucks 

McDermott outcoached Belichick today.  Hit the road. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

Crazy thing is he was an UFA this year and nobody wanted him - he came back for veteran minimum.

My guess is McBeane may be tired of Beasleys antics and he won’t be brought back next year. Star (hope

you enjoyed your personal time off) and Beasley will be cut and we’ll sign a speedster WR. 

My guess is Mcbeane doesn’t have the ignorant hatred the posters here on TBD have of Beasley and the salary cap and production will determine if he’s on the roster or not.

Yeah...we've talked a lot about how even in the games where the Bills won...and even scored a lot of points....something seemed off with the offense with the exception of a few games (like Chiefs game).  I think it was that ability to pick up key 3rd and 4th downs and just put together drive after drive after loooonnnnng drive to beat a team into submission.  Today they did that and it was consistently McKenzie that Josh would hit to pick up those 1st downs.  Last year, that player was Beasley but, for whatever reason, he hasn't been that consistent go-to guy this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

McDermott put him on the bench for what. He played his nuts off today

McDermott never put McKenzie on the bench as a slot receiver.  McKenzie has always been a backup slot WR behind Beasley, last year and this.

Beasley is tough, and wants to play through broken legs and cracked ribs, and the Bills have let him

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Isaiah McKenzie is GOOD, very good.  He's been put in the dog house all year for no noticeable reason. This has been to the detriment to the team both on offense and special teams.  Not only does he belong on the field he belongs in the offense!! 

This kid had a noticeable impact on the offense last season and we have been missing his athleticism this year. It took desperation of multiple COVID lists and a hampered Sanders to finally give this MAN a chance.  We aren't talking about a rookie but a guy that's been here for a few years now. 

McDermott is a terrible leader (no accountability) and terrible recognition of talent, he clings to Tre White as his only accomplishment and constantly puts faith in undersized abs under skilled guys.  

Isaiah McKenzie played a key role in our run game last year withhis explosiveness and that has been missing all year. 

It's terrible we need to rely on injuries of our talent to get on the field because the coach won't do it. 

I'm so over McDermott, he can't coach a winning, talented football team. 

We literally have a winning, talented team.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Here’s the thing though-you’re not in practice with them, your whole argument is based off of today’s game. As several have said in this thread (which you have obviously ignored) he has struggled in practice, they gave him more of a focus on special teams so that takes away from his plays on offense. I think we all expected him to have a bigger role this year, it just didn’t happen. But go ahead, keep going on your crusade and completely ignore what the coaches see/talk about every day

How do we know McKenzie has struggled in practice?

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Factually, McKenzie has been playing with the exception of two games.  His offensive snap counts are down a bit from last year, but he’s had a high of 28% of the snaps (Jax, Carolina), 20% week 2 19% week 3 etc.

There are a number of reasons for this, including more playing time for Knox, fewer 3 and 4 and essentially no 5 WR sets

So I gotta go with your take that this is some kind of grudge by McDermott is what’s ridiculous

3 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

He's got another week to feature. But, I'd argue the benching woke his butt up and started being more serious about his game. Excellent day today, he was tremendous!

I think Beasley will be back next week Weds or Thurs, assuming he is symptom-free