Cryptocurrency....the future...are you in?

TwistofFate

On 4/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, Poleshifter said:

I  bought my first crypto 18 months ago, when I was 70. I spent $725 on XRP. My wife flipped out when I bought it ("you bought something you can't see!"). I had discovered that XRP was going to be the basic currency of the new banking system (QFS), so it seemed a wise investment to me. She would never listen to my rationale for buying it. 

Eleven months ago, I started on Lobstr, buying XLM (Stellar Lumens) and swapping them for other tokens. As it turns out, the Stellar Network will be the new stock market. While I never trusted the NYSE and Wall Street mob, I have invested in hundreds of stocks through Lobstr. You can currently buy millions (or billions) of tokens for companies and commodities around the world. I'm wheelin' and dealin'! It's a lot of fun.

My net worth is pretty low, about $100K, I guess. My wife filed for divorce because of my crypto among other things, and we split a chunk of money from selling a house. I invested most of it, so I am set for the future. I expect to have millions of dollars by the end of the year. I had never expected to be rich, but then I happened into XRP and then XLM. I have about 40-45% of my net worth in crypto, and a similar % in precious metals too. I am just waiting for the big event to cash in some of it, keep most of it long-term.

I have 8 nieces/nephews, mostly educated, working in tech jobs, but none seem to do any crypto. Nobody else I know does crypto either.

Almost Half your net worth in crypto?  Buddy. Please god learn to diversify

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I have got precious metals as well. The Stellar Network, accessed by the Lobstr app, is going to be the new stock market, because the old one is tanking.

So I am diversified.

17 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

I have got precious metals as well. The Stellar Network, accessed by the Lobstr app, is going to be the new stock market, because the old one is tanking.

So I am diversified.

it’s tanking? How much?  Over what period of time?

20 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

So I am diversified.

The Lobster app is the natural way to survive the tank.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t put more than pocket change (as a percentage of net worth) into crypto. It’s not worth it to even get more educated for what I’d put into it.

As you get older you need to be sure you keep what you’ve got, not swing for the fences. The key, for the younger people out there, is to start early,  be aggressive about saving and wise about investing. 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

When I explain what is coming, people generally say I'm a conspiracy theorist and ignore what I say.

What is coming is a complete shutdown of the internet, phone systems and media. For 10 days or so, the Emergency Broadcast System will be the only thing on TV. Among other things, the TV will show video confessions by famous people who have committed crimes against humanity.

Would you like to see confessions by the real 9/11 perpetrators? Tune in and see. You will recognize them.

During this period, the QFS will be implemented as well. There will be new currency, backed by gold, silver, etc. If you visit your bank, ask the teller if they have seen the new rainbow currency.  When QFS kicks in, gold and silver will increase greatly in value. The QFS digital currencies (XRP, XLM, and others) will increase greatly as well.

It is expected that BTC and ETH and most other cryptos will drop to zero. If your crypto is not ISO 20022 compliant, it is "out of here".

The rainbow currency may take up to a year to switch over completely.

New rainbow currency.JPG

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not going to try to talk you out of what you believe is coming, or criticize you.  Wouldn't it be nice, though, if there was a way to have people stop calling you a conspiracy theorist because of your views and STILL get wealthy?  If your vision of the future turns out to be correct, there's actually a way to do that.  It sounds like you have some gains from what you've already bought.  If I'm right about that, why not sell just enough to match what you originally invested, and put that in the bank?  Leave the rest in your existing investments.  If the gains on your existing investments turn out to be as spectacular as you expect, you will still wind up being very wealthy.

But if there's even a tiny chance that the future does not unfold as you expect, you'll have something to fall back on.  And you can explain what you're doing to the people who criticize you, which will likely cause them to cut you some slack even though they don't share your view of the future.   Wouldn't that be nice?

Besides, you can only drive one Chevelle at a time.

At least think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not going to try to talk you out of what you believe is coming, or criticize you.  Wouldn't it be nice, though, if there was a way to have people stop calling you a conspiracy theorist because of your views and STILL get wealthy?  If your vision of the future turns out to be correct, there's actually a way to do that.  It sounds like you have some gains from what you've already bought.  If I'm right about that, why not sell just enough to match what you originally invested, and put that in the bank?  Leave the rest in your existing investments.  If the gains on your existing investments turn out to be as spectacular as you expect, you will still wind up being very wealthy.

But if there's even a tiny chance that the future does not unfold as you expect, you'll have something to fall back on.  And you can explain what you're doing to the people who criticize you, which will likely cause them to cut you some slack even though they don't share your view of the future.   Wouldn't that be nice?

Besides, you can only drive one Chevelle at a time.

At least think about it.

Thanks. I appreciate your concern. My wife does not like my beliefs, either, and filed for divorce. We've been living apart, but are getting back together soon.

I have made some gains on the XRP, but much larger gains will be coming soon. So not quite time to cash it in.

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

it’s tanking? How much?  Over what period of time?

Tanking completely is what I expect, and quite soon, possibly this month.

I'm not a financial advisor, but I know that huge changes are coming soon. I would cash out of the market, buy some gold/silver and buy some XRP.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The Lobster app is the natural way to survive the tank.

I don't know if you are being serious, but you are correct.

In the Lobstr app, you can buy XLM and swap them for stocks in what will be the new stock market. You can get in on the ground floor.

18 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

So, the internet gets shutdown in the scenario that you propose.  Without the internet, crypto is really nothing.

Help me understand how this upcoming "storm" will put you in a better position.

And, with this, this thread really deserves a spot in PPP.  Just sayin'.

IMO, the posts related to this particular topic are a runaway April Fool's Day joke.  That's why I didn't respond to the original post on Friday and I'm not responding to Poleshifter's preposterous postings in this thread since.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.