Jake Fromm to start for the Giants.

Son of a K-Gun

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Never forget there were actual real live posters on this board who believed this Fromm fellow would supplant Josh Allen as our starting QB.  

I'm not sure about posters, but there was definitely a Boston sportswriter who before the 2020 season predicted Fromm would end up as the Bills starter before the end of the season.  I think it was wishful thinking on his part because deep down he knew the only way the Patriots would ever win another AFC east title would be after Josh is no longer the Bills starting QB.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Never forget there were actual real live posters on this board who believed this Fromm fellow would supplant Josh Allen as our starting QB.  

Wow, don't remember seeing that, but if true, that would be some Hall of Fame level stupidity right there!!

10 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I remember quite well.  I remember one of the posts was Fromm comes from a “ big boy” conference and will supplant Allen.  Quick stroll in the archives every once in awhile is a pleasant read.

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I remember quite well.  I remember one of the posts was Fromm comes from a “ big boy” conference and will supplant Allen.  Quick stroll in the archives every once in awhile is a pleasant read.

I hope it wasn't me.  That would be embarrassing.  Doesn't seem like something I would say but I blackout sometimes and go on posting binges.  

https://nypost.com/2021/12/26/jake-fromm-mike-glennons-ugly-giants-qb-play-as-bad-as-it-gets/amp/

some choice quotes from the article :

“Jake Fromm played like ‘Jake from State Farm.’  “

“Fromm’s first few passes were basically uncatchable, too high, too hard, too quick. “

“It got no better when Fromm — in a mercy move by the coaching staff — was benched with 7:48 remaining in the third quarter”

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

Fromm was a total waste of a draft pick. I feel like they didn’t even scout or watch him but just picked him because he fell so far, all the other teams were right though. Granted we did have may too many picks in 2020 but still, just seems wrong to draft like that. 

The 5th round is the time you take a flyer on a guy.  They had him pretty high on their board at that point.  The Bills don't have a long term answer at backup QB & the 5th was as good a round as any to try to find one.  Unfortunately, Fromm didn't show much from the time he got here.  Last year reports out of camp were pretty dismal & this year they didn't get much better.  They gave him the beneit of the doubt because they didn't have the normal off season practices last year and no preseason games.  

When I heard Fromm was starting Sunday my 1st thoughts were he's going to have a game rivaling Peterman's career.  

23 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The 5th round is the time you take a flyer on a guy.  They had him pretty high on their board at that point.  The Bills don't have a long term answer at backup QB & the 5th was as good a round as any to try to find one.  Unfortunately, Fromm didn't show much from the time he got here.  Last year reports out of camp were pretty dismal & this year they didn't get much better.  They gave him the beneit of the doubt because they didn't have the normal off season practices last year and no preseason games.  

When I heard Fromm was starting Sunday my 1st thoughts were he's going to have a game rivaling Peterman's career.  

I’d rather taken a flyer on an offensive lineman, CB or WR than a QB like Jake Fromm. He was only able to keep QB job over Fields in Georgia because of nepotism 😎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.