“Mr. Undependable” Star Lotulelei is questionable for Sunday [Now ruled “Out”]

JohnNord

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Tommy Doyle is the all time winner of the wasted spot award.  Never before, have we seen such a terrible player take a roster spot.  10 out of 10 times, someone with his current ability is cut.  

Lazy and unmotivated trumps lack of talent IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Maybe but it’s not like this is his first absence that was my point. 

I know what you were saying.   He is unavailable too often.  It is frustrating when all hands on deck are needed. My point is beyond football.  I hope this specific absence is not due to serious, real life issues for him or his relatives.  That’s all.   Personal reasons can be a wide range of things, some a lot more serious than others.

• Like (+1) 1

Panthers retirement home

cap hit       pff rank

Star        7.6m       92nd out of 127

Butler     5.8m     126th out of 127

Addison  8.3m      75th out of 110

~22 million dollars this year for 3 worthless players who haven't been good for years.

After all these years of worthless play, Star will still cost the Bills 5.2 million in dead cap next year if he's gone and 9.3 if they, God forbid, keep him. He could have been gone already but they inexplicably extended his contract. 

Now just imagine that 22 mil spent on the o line instead.....

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1

Its beyond obvious that football, his team, and teammates are not his priority in life. Very frustrating that he has missed so much time due to injury/illness and now he's back but won't play in one of the biggest games of the season due to non-injury

15 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Panthers retirement home

cap hit       pff rank

~22 million dollars this year for 3 worthless players who haven't been good for years.

After all these years of worthless play, Star will still cost the Bills 5.2 million in dead cap next year if he's gone and 9.3 if they, God forbid, keep him. He could have been gone already but they inexplicably extended his contract. 

I imagine our pass rush with that money spent on someone like Donald instead of those 3 guys and the 100 man D line rotation.

I wrote about how I was done with Star for the same reasons like 2 weeks ago and got a bunch of thumbs downs, X, and, pukey faces.  Dude is a pathetic money grab at this point.  I feel for him if he has a serious personal issue but that's just one reason he hasn't played this season or last.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I know we keep taking my about drafting guards and corners next year but we seriously need a big interior DL that isn’t always hurt. Star is never available and has what, maybe 3 years left tops? 

I hope said 3 years isn't for Buffalo.  He is a worthless cap hit.

Just now, Turk71 said:

either way that money spent wisely could have made a huge difference

Sure could of.  I like Beane but way too many resources spent on this huge rotation when there aren't any guys producing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Panthers retirement home

cap hit       pff rank

can we put Beane in a 12 step program for his addiction to Carolina Castoffs?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Yet again, Star is “questionable” for Sunday after leaving the team the past two days for what McDermott deemed were “personal reasons.”

If this was an isolated event, it would be one thing but it seems like something is always up with Star.  At the last minute he pops up on the injury/unavailable list.  Maybe it’s just a lot of bad but the list is long:

2020:  Sit out the season due to concerns of COVID with his medical condition.

2021: Does not get the vaccine reportedly due to concerns with his medical condition.

May 2021:  Does not participate in voluntary workouts like most vets on the team, despite sitting out an entire season.

August 2021: Placed on COVID list as a close contact.  Misses preseason games and training camp.

Week 1:  Misses opener versus Pittsburgh with injury late in the week.

Weeks 10-12: Misses 3 games due to COVID and not being vaccinated 

Week: 14 Misses game due to injury late in the week

Week 16: Status questionable…will likely miss 

The problem is that the defense relies on a solid 1TDT and Star has not been available over the past seasons.  

You can criticize some of the moves Beane has made but IMO bringing Star to Buffalo with the contract he gave him was his biggest mistake.  He just is not available 

Giving Star that contract and then not getting a solid 1T for this season were awful Bean decisions, particularly the later decision. 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to “Mr. Undependable” Star Lotulelei is questionable for Sunday [Now ruled “Out”]
  • Hapless Bills Fan locked this topic