Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s weird, because the initial Pfizer study’s primary conclusion was 95% protection against infection.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2034577

Interesting.  I wonder what their studies said about all of the opiates they sold over the last decade?  

Their studies and reality don't seem to be in alignment...

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

They have been tested everyday and not been positive until week 16 when vaccinated and unvaccinated players both have been coming up positive around the league like flies.

I forgot that 2 other unvaccinated players - Brown and Lotulelei - also tested positive earlier this season. I don't know how many more unvaccinated players we have. But I would wager that's at least 50% of our unvaccinated players that have tested positive this season, and less than 10% of our vaccinated players. Are you still sure there isn't a difference?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If a player was going out to the clubs every night I would get the anger aimed at them for catching the covid.  But it seems petty & spiteful and a bit crazy to hate on unvaccinated players for catching the covid.  In case folks haven't noticed a lot of vaccinated players are catching the covid and missing at least one game.

Some of these posts have to much of a Salem Witch burning reaction for my taste.

I think the anger would be more fairly aimed at an NFL that isn't being flexible enough or aware enough of the rapidly changing situation in the world of covid.

I agree with you about the "Witch hunt" atmosphere for unvaccinated players.

The NFL did change their rules

The problem is that you think you understand what the Covid situation is better than the NFL's medical experts do, and they didn't change their rules in the way you want.

I posted the transcript of the press conference  with Dr Allen Sills where he explains their rationale for changing the rules as they did.  One may disagree, but the point is, he and the other advisors had specific scientific rationales for what they did. (in another thread)

58 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Still 2 more days for Diggs to go on the list 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm very afraid of this. 

My understanding is that Diggs and Gabe Davis share the services of a personal chef outside the facility and sometimes eat dinner together.

46 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I forgot that 2 other unvaccinated players - Brown and Lotulelei - also tested positive earlier this season. I don't know how many more unvaccinated players we have. But I would wager that's at least 50% of our unvaccinated players that have tested positive this season, and less than 10% of our vaccinated players. Are you still sure there isn't a difference?

I think it's more.  If we're 91% vaccinated, (1-0.91) = 0.09; 0.09* (53+16) =6

Boettger (probably - refused to answer whether he's vaccinated pre-season); Brown; Lotulelei; Beasley; Davis

That would be 4 out of 6

Klein may be another not vaccinated, although he came back in 9 days (but could have tested (+) the day before he was placed on the list, and been out 10) - he was sent home as a "close contact" along with Butler in the preseason.

If so 5 out of 6 - so far

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

So far 10 or 11 out of 63 vaccinated players

That would be 16 or 17% of the vaccinated players

and 67-83% of the unvaccinated players

image.thumb.png.ed1c8eb843d2ce21514ca85c628a93bd.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

This game may provide glimpse into what life will be like in a few years when Josh Allen contract kicks in and we can't afford to keep everyone. These are the type of games and situations to show Josh is worth the huge contract down the line which of course I feel like he is

I think Beane has repeatedly demonstrated the Bills can handle the cap. We are in Year 4-5 and even next year and the year after looks manageable. There’s plenty of evidence that Beane has no intention of fielding Allen and bunch of scrubs, especially with a new TV contract on the horizon.

Hopefully, too, by then COVID will be a thing of past with even more scientific advances and reduction counter-productive anti-vaxx attitudes. 

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If a player was going out to the clubs every night I would get the anger aimed at them for catching the covid.  But it seems petty & spiteful and a bit crazy to hate on unvaccinated players for catching the covid.  In case folks haven't noticed a lot of vaccinated players are catching the covid and missing at least one game.

Some of these posts have to much of a Salem Witch burning reaction for my taste.

I think the anger would be more fairly aimed at an NFL that isn't being flexible enough or aware enough of the rapidly changing situation in the world of covid.

The hatred in this forum pretty much reflects society these days. Personal medical decisions should be just that. It’s irresponsible of the NFL and writers to be exposing players decisions. And childish and hateful some of the reactions here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

Chandler81 waxing poetic on Christmas Eve lol Best to you and yours

what is up with these football gods anyway we cant ever have nice things......................SMH

Thank You. To you and yours as well, Mupster!

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You really shoulda put a warning on that tweet.

I just ate a pretty large birthday dinner and it made me nauseous

Birthday dinner?!?

OMG!  Are you..      Jesus??

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This sucks, but why is everybody conceding? The Bills are NEVER out with Josh Allen playing.

Plus we fared pretty well with a Limited Gabe Davis in the beginning of the season. This is the exact reason we have Emmanuel Sanders. Diggs, Sanders, McKenzie, and Knox is not a bad set of weapons. 

I'm much more worried about this offensive line than I am over any skill positions.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

That rule is so archaic...with monoclonals, the virus can be knocked out in 2 days...NFL needs to get with the times...👍

[Edit: inaccurate information]

I'm gonna respond to this, because I see a lot of people starting with our own Jon Feliciano on Twitter, sharing this belief and there's Need to Know.

1) Most of the monoclonal antibody therapies have greatly reduced effectiveness against Omicron. Monoclonal means "one clone" ie, a single antibody recognizing a specific amino acid binding site on the spike protein.  The same mutations that make the antibodies raised by vaccines against the original strain less effective at preventing infection, greatly reduce effectiveness for the mAb therapies. 1000x for Regeneron (Casirivimab and Imdevimab).  3000x for Lilly (Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab).  GSK Sotrovimab still works (only 2.7x lower) - for now.

2) The monoclonal antibodies are authorized for at risk patients, because they cost our government 100-500x as much as a vaccine ($2000/dose vs $4-20/dose), have much higher administration costs, and have limited supply.

https://www.hhs.gov/guidance/document/monoclonal-antibody-covid-19-infusion

The FDA authorized the use of these monoclonal antibody therapies to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients when both of these apply:

The patient has a positive COVID-19 test result

The patient is at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19, hospitalization, or both

As a "Big Guy", Dawkins and Lotulelei and Feliciano all qualify.   Beasley and Davis should not, unless they secretly have Diabetes or take Immune-suppressive drugs.   Think it's cool that elders and diabetics and immunosuppressed people might go without so athletes who don't wanna vaccinate can get them?   I don't.

3) If a reason to not be vaccinated is concern for side effects, there should be awareness that the monoclonal antibody infusions have much higher prevalence of some nasty side effects.  I don't want to "piss in my own pool", and this absolutely was my pool: If you need such drugs, by all means take them, they can be wonder drugs.  The side effects are still rare, but they are much higher incidence than would ever be tolerated for any vaccine, anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3