Not everyone thinks the Bills will lose Sunday

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Patience said:

To some extent, yes, I do.  The owners are in the entertainment business.  That is the service the NFL provides to its customers.  Entertainment.  It's good for the NFL, and the owners collectively, both financially and for the health of the league, to have as many eyeballs as possible watching.  The way to do that is to provide attractive storylines, something ESPN and other networks help promote.  TV contracts are far and away the primary source of revenue for the league; it stands to reason the NFL and the owners collectively would want to assure that the networks' investment is protected when it comes time to renew.  A pattern of worsening ratings gives the league a lesser advantage when it comes time to negotiate, which hurts the league and owners where it counts.  If you want to call that whining, so be it.  It's business. Your blinders just preclude you from grasping it.  

Personally, why do I keep watching?  Well, it's entertaining.  But I don't really view it as something tangibly different than a movie, a television show, or any other type of entertainment.  It's a good bit of fun for a few hours - granted, maybe not so much during the dark depths of the drought years.  And it gives me a good reason to spend time with my family every weekend during the season - that's the only justification I need.  

That's ridiculous to think that Jerry Jones or any other owner would be ok with what you're suggesting. The league just signed a 10 year $110 billion tv deal, I'm sure they don't need to rig the next super bowl since that money is coming in for the next 10 years.  It's crazy conspiracy talk, that's all. Do the refs suck? Yeah, they do, are they getting paid off? Possibly. By the league?  No way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

That's ridiculous to think that Jerry Jones or any other owner would be ok with what you're suggesting. The league just signed a 10 year $110 billion tv deal, I'm sure they don't need to rig the next super bowl since that money is coming in for the next 10 years.  It's crazy conspiracy talk, that's all. Do the refs suck? Yeah, they do, are they getting paid off? Possibly. By the league?  No way.

Sure, it's ridiculous and a conspiracy to think that rich men would prefer to become even richer.  Agree to disagree.  Have a nice Holiday.  

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Not so sure.

They're better equipped to stop our passing attack than we are to stop their running attack.  

But "on any giving Sunday..."   

If early on I see the Pats running game getting plugged up and Josh finding receivers downfield (and getting the pass off before getting hit), I'll feel really good about our chances.  

So basically you think the Bills are totally overmatched and have no shot at winning. Unless of course you see them winning, in which case it's most likely a fluke

8 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

The refs are preparing to make sure the Bills lose , this is how corrupted the NFL is . They want to see Tampa and New England in the SB 

Doesn't matter who is in the SB, people watch.  Brady versus Hoodie isn't going to make the NFL any more money than any other game.  And the refs don't make any more or less money no matter what.  Your conspiracy theory is worse than QAnon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/23/2021 at 8:21 PM, billybrew1 said:

It is so hard to Billieve though, that with Hughes, Star, Addison, Sanders and others coming off the books, we don't have a huge sum to rebuild with this offseason. It's mystifying to me.... So depressing....

I am prettty sure Buffalo is losing 

On 12/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, finn said:

Is it my homer ears or are commentators much more eager to say the Pats* have the best defense than they were to say the Bills had, even though they Bills led in terms of both points and yards? The media overall really really wants to push the Pats and downplay the Bills. What is that all about? Could it be as simple as their winning streak, and the Bills' up and down season? Maybe they're just reflecting fan energy. Diehard fan though I am, my enthusiasm certainly takes a dive when they lose. And they've been a rollercoaster ride all year. Same with the Pro Bowl voting. Do the Colts really have that many blue-chip player than the Bills? 

It has nothing to do with NFL Analysts Teddy Bruschi, Willy McGinnest, Damien Woody, Rodney Harrison, Rob Ninkovich, Randy Moss and Aqib Talib.  That they all played for the same team at one point is coincidence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.