Joe Burrow…”Nothing to do in Cincinnati”

LabattBlue

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

They would definitely make my "to do" list!

This brought back a great memory of one episode where they try to do a Thanksgiving promotion by throwing turkeys out a helicopter and Herb Tarlek (I think that was the characters name) discovers they can’t fly 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Plano said:

The dude is from IOWA, jJesus Christ. 

Cincinnati is a bustling metropolis compared to where he's from.

He's acting he's from NYC or South Florida or something. What a tool. 

He’s not from Iowa - he’s from Athens, Ohio. It’s basically Appalachia (except for OU campus)

5 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

He needs to touch base with Urban Meyer who found plenty to do after Cincy game.

That was in Columbus! 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Plano said:

He got a taste of the big city down in Baton Rouge. Now hes just too big for Ohio.  Its time he move on to a place with more action like Pittsburgh or Philly.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think you’re right, it’s more of a status thing than an actual statement on a city having nothing to do. These guys want the LA or Miami scene for status. Little do they know that most of the grown up world is discovering life can be awesome outside of LA, NY, and Miami, and are actually leaving those areas in droves. The coastal cities aren’t as hip as they once were, but maybe they still are in the jock world, idk. 

Agree, everyone always brings up NY, LA, and Miami, but there’s 27 other NFL cities. Not everyone can be on one of five teams. 

Well it gets to American culture, what do we like to do?

For most average Americans it doesn’t go much farther than “shopping” and restaurants. 

That would be my question back to you, when people say “stuff to do” what do they mean?

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Cinci is a hole of a city and dangerous to boot.   I was in a touring band from 07 to 09.  Had a stop in Cinci, played a show, then got a message one of the kids at the show had been shot walking home.

Awful city.

The area by UC campus is  Rough. As well as the Over the Rhine

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I lived in Cincinnati for a year and that simply isn't true...I don't understand exactly what these players mean when they say there is "nothing to do" when there are 15-20 places they could go to "party" on any given night. Florence, KY right across the river also has quite a few places. 

what they mean is theres no place that they want to go to.   these guys want the best of the best.

37 minutes ago, Plano said:

not so fast ... there's nothing like a partee in a corn field ... a lot of shucking and yucking ... and those scare crows keep things rocking

I'll never understand why some of these players make public comments like this.

Even if true it will ultimately alienate fans who are touchy over this type of thing especially if/when the team struggles.

The reality is these guys have more than enough money to afford multiple homes in different states and live in a warmer weather are in the offseason which most players in cities like Buffalo, Cincy, GB, etc do anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well it gets to American culture, what do we like to do?

For most average Americans it doesn’t go much farther than “shopping” and restaurants. 

That would be my question back to you, when people say “stuff to do” what do they mean?

Chicks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.