AFC vs NFC 2021: Which is better?

WickedGame

My son is an Arizona Cardinals fan (have mercy on him), and when he’s not playing the “my team’s better than yours” card, he’s arguing the AFC is weak compared to the NFC. 

Shortly after sending him to his room, I looked at records and marveled at the difference between AFC and NFC this year:

* The AFC has three divisions where at least 3-of-4 teams are .500 or better, including two divisions where the entire division is .500 or better. 

* The NFC, meanwhile, has only one division with multiple teams that have a winning record. Further, until last week’s victories by the Saints, Vikings, and Eagles, the NFC had three divisions where 3-of-4 teams had losing records. 

Take it for what it’s worth…I just thought it was an interesting disparity between the two conferences. 

Edited by WickedGame

6 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

My son is an Arizona Cardinals fan (have mercy on him), and when he’s not playing the “my team’s better than yours” card, he’s arguing the AFC is weak compared to the NFC. 

Shortly after sending him to his room, I looked at records and marveled at the difference between AFC and NFC this year:

* The AFC has three divisions where at least 3-of-4 teams are .500 or better, including two divisions where the entire division is .500 or better. 

* The NFC, meanwhile, has only one division with multiple teams that have a winning record. Further, until last week’s victories by the Saints, Vikings, and Eagles, the NFC had three divisions where 3-of-4 teams had losing records. 

Take it for what it’s worth…I just thought it was an interesting disparity between the two conferences. 

The way I see it is the NFC is more top heavy compared to the AFC and the AFC has more depth at the top end than the NFC. Just looking at it briefly there's only a few AFC teams that are truly awful. While the majority of the NFC teams are bad

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Hermes said:

The way I see it is the NFC is more top heavy compared to the AFC and the AFC has more depth at the top end than the NFC. Just looking at it briefly there's only a few AFC teams that are truly awful. While the majority of the NFC teams are bad

I think this is a fair assessment. I'd also say that a couple of the toughest divisions atm are in the AFC.

AFC. The NFC is more top heavy. The AFC has a lot more good teams that have all been beating up each other.

Anyone have the record of AFC teams versus NFC teams this year? I'd be interested to see that.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I have to agree - Patriots, Rams and unfortunately the Cowboys!

Actually, I don't include the Pats among the best...though admittedly they are good.  I was thinking Green Bay, the Rams and the Cowboys and TB (prior to all their injuries).  I initially would have included Arizona...but Kyler Murray has not been playing as well of late.

Well the AFC has the Jags ,Jets and Steers under .500

The NFC has the Lions ,Giants, Bears, Seahags, Panthers, Falcons and WTF under .500 and only WTF  and Falcons could undo that at 6-8

So simple math says AFC rules :)

Edited by JMF2006
Forgot the Falcons(they are very forgettable) ;)

This seems similar to the argument people have made about the Bills this year (that they can only beat the teams they are better than…I don’t personally subscribe to that theory but anyways…) perhaps those top teams in the NFC look so good because they play most of their games against the other teams in the NFC. Switch one of those top teams with an AFC team and I don’t believe they have as many wins as they currently do

Edited by Ya Digg?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.