Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

31 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So, let me ask this. Honestly. If Cole has 10 catches for 70 yards that's a solid game from him right? 

If Davis (who has barely been seeing the field) steps in and gets 6 catches for 70 yards...is that not replacing production? Also understand that other players may see a spike in targets. 

Beasley is good at getting separation...no doubt. But he is not the "irreplaceable force" many make him out to be. We have seen him while playing injured disappear for entire games. Wheels keep going. It's nice when he's out there and an asset...absolutely. But his production is definitely replacable.

Beasley last year was the guy who reliably and consistently moved the chains.  This year, not so much.  I don't know if he's lost a step or if defenses are playing him better or if the rotten O line is not giving Allen time to go through his progressions and find Beasley.  But Knox (with some painful exceptions) seems to have developed into a good, move the chains, kind of TE.  And we have McKenzie.  So we can get by without Beasley.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So basically you are tap dancing around answering the question I asked. 

Couldn't care less about Hill, Adams, Kelce et all. But I can mention other players too.

Earlier in the season the Cardinals lost Kylar for a couple games. They still won. Team sport. You don't have to have a 1:1 swap. Production can come from many areas. And even be a cumulative stat. It's ridiculous to think that any WR (even Diggs) is completely irreplaceable. 

Hey, remeber when we lost Tre? Defense seems to be skipping along. People step up. 

You are gonna lose it when he's a cap cut this offseason 😂

What part of my post offended you? 

I've got no love for Beasley.   I already stated the guy is a dick.    And I previously said he was a fool for not getting vaccinated.   His choice to make though.

Regardless of that, he is still exceptionally productive as a slot receiver   If you can't see that, you are blind from your own non-football related hatred of the guy.

And if you think anyone else on this Bills' team is going to step into the slot receiver position and outplay him with consistency, I would bet you are going to be proven wrong.

The Bills may replace him next year.   If they do, his will be hard shoes to fill from a purely NFL slot receiver production standpoint.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Some vaccinated players will also end up testing positive, as we've seen. I just mean with the rate of infection and the NFL's policy on testing unvaccinated players I will be surprised if more than a few unvaccinated players don't end up testing positive at some point.

Beasley not being vaccinated is irrelevant. Guys are going to test positive. He is out and now the next man up needs to do their job. Even if Josh Allen tests positive you just have to deal with it and move on. 

The reality is 95% of the league is vaccinated and every week a ton of guys are testing positive and are missing games. All these idiots attacking players are losers that need to get a life. It isn't like they are missing games to some off the field behavior. 

• Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Regardless of that, he is still exceptionally productive as a slot receiver   If you can't see that, you are blind from your own non-football related hatred of the guy.

He's 43rd in yards, 126th in yard/rec, and has 1 TD. I don't think many would classify that as "exceptionally productive."

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Some vaccinated players will also end up testing positive, as we've seen. I just mean with the rate of infection and the NFL's policy on testing unvaccinated players I will be surprised if more than a few unvaccinated players don't end up testing positive at some point.

About 95% of the players testing positive are vaccinated. Not "some" players. Virtually every player that has tested positive has been vaccinated. The vaccine does nothing to prevent you from getting it. This isn't rocket science to understand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

The Pats may be without a few receivers also.

This is hardly insurmountable.  I wouldn't mind seeing Hodgins brought up - but they can still be potent w/ what they have, and it would be cool to see Stevenson in on some plays to stretch the field.

I mean, it hurts us more.  Beasley has almost as many targets as their two receivers that might be out combined.  The Pats employ a very easy short passing game that won't be hard for their receivers to pick up.  They also run the football a lot.  I will say the Pats are losing their best receiver.  The Bills are not so that's a plus.  I just hope Daboll can create a gameplan around it because I don't really trust anyone else in Beasleys role except for Sanders and he is still out too afaik. 

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Your hyperbole aside, let’s try and look at the bigger picture here, right?  Beasley has not been as impactful on the field as last year, has been a major distraction and source of dissension within the team, to the point of McD benching him earlier this year, and is now letting down his team in the most important game of the year.  He is not worth the trouble going forward, particularly at his contract value.  His production is replaceable.  He is done with the Bills in my opinion.  I am sure many disagree, but he will not be on the Bills next year in my opinion.  

He’s been a source of dissension for ignorant fans, you have no idea what the teammates think of him. There is absolutely no proof if vaccinated he doesn’t catch it just the same. Good thing you are not the coach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Beasley last year was the guy who reliably and consistently moved the chains.  This year, not so much.  I don't know if he's lost a step or if defenses are playing him better or if the rotten O line is not giving Allen time to go through his progressions and find Beasley.  But Knox (with some painful exceptions) seems to have developed into a good, move the chains, kind of TE.  And we have McKenzie.  So we can get by without Beasley.  

He looked to have the game won if Allen hits him in the final play vs NE. He's still a valuable option if you go to him

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I mean, it hurts us more.  Beasley has almost as many targets as their two receivers that might be out combined.  The Pats employ a very easy short passing game that won't be hard for their receivers to pick up.  They also run the football a lot.  I will say the Pats are losing their best receiver.  The Bills are not so that's a plus.  I just hope Daboll can create a gameplan around it because I don't really trust anyone else in Beasleys role. 

I'm not sure it does. Bills have decent WR depth, with Davis/ McKenzie. imo we should be fine

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I guess being young and healthy didn't protect him like he thought

That's not at all what he meant. I'm not taking his side but if you thought he was saying he couldn't get covid then you missed the point of his stance.

52 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Judge production however you want to judge it.

When it comes to receivers, my primary measuring stick is do they get open and catch the ball.  

The stats say unequivocally that Beasley does that exceptionally well.       So well in fact, that if you look at the guys who had more catches than him this year, you will see that Beasley is fourth or fifth on the list for completion percentages.    He gets open and catches the ball.    In fact, he does it better than a lot of well known players NFL fans drool over like Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, etc.

Beasley is a way above average receiver.   And it is remarkable he outperforms much larger receivers with a larger catching radius.

Wait you think cole is better than any of those guys?