Epenesa/Hart/Love-Covid List

IBTG81

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Interesting that the NFL's answer to the lastest surge in positive cases is to test less. Not sure what that helps.

It's like the "see no evil" Chinese monkey statue.

No seriously - I believe the NFL's idea is that vaccinated players who test positive for Omicron have no symptoms and are not contagious.  Therefore not testing will leave more players available to play.   (Apparently the WFT recent surge were mostly asymptomatic).  

I don't think there's a lot of data as yet supporting either contention, the variant being new and all.  Hopefully the NFL has their own data.

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh ok so vaccinated players won't get tested at all now? I thought it was a lot less often, didn't think it was not at all... I must have got mixed up. 

It's not at all, unless they self-report symptoms or unless they are "randomly selected" for a test.

I read the new protocols and I was like giving them the "modified eye roll" until I got to the part about the "randomly selected" for tests.  Then I flipped out.   OF COURSE we can trust the NFL to be truly random in these selections.  OF COURSE we can.   In theory, the testing company could "randomly select" Allen and Diggs for testing before we play the Patriots and Out They Go if positive.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Everywhere I can find it says, "won't be tested regularly" or "won't get tested weekly." Haven't yet seen, "won't be tested."

Here's the actual memo

image.thumb.png.3f7bfd65bfe740e1a9cbd9246b48bfaa.png

So if you read that right, the NFL's CMO and the testing company can decide which position groups and which players on that position group will get tested (and potentially ruled out, even if asymptomatic).

You like that?  You like that?  I don't like that, Not One Bit.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the actual memo

So if you read that right, the NFL's CMO and the testing company can decide which position groups and which players on that position group will get tested (and potentially ruled out, even if asymptomatic).

Is that because you don't believe the testing will truly be random? I'm not so sure the fully vaccinated, asymptomatic need to be surveilled.

29 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Is that because you don't believe the testing will truly be random? I'm not so sure the fully vaccinated, asymptomatic need to be surveilled.

It's because whether or not it's random, if key players are selected for testing and test positive/are excluded it will significantly impact the games.  Either you care about keeping Covid out of the facility, or you don't.  If you don't care, don't care - what is gained by random testing, to potentially outweigh the game impacts?

And yes, anytime the NFL is "randomly" selecting players, there is the potential for it being manipulated at some point.  Not necessarily as part of an NFL conspiracy, but what if the IQVIA/ICS employees happen to have a betting or fan interest?

Either you think asymptomatic, Covid-infected players can play and are not infectious, or you don't.  So if you believe the former, what is the point of this random surveillance testing and then keeping out asymptomatic, Covid-infected players you detect?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh ok so vaccinated players won't get tested at all now? I thought it was a lot less often, didn't think it was not at all... I must have got mixed up. 

its random testing, they pick some vaxed players to get tested. I am unclear how often that occurs though. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's because whether or not it's random, if key players are selected for testing and test positive/are excluded it will significantly impact the games.  Either you care about keeping Covid out of the facility, or you don't.  If you don't care, don't care - what is gained by random testing, to potentially outweigh the game impacts?

And yes, anytime the NFL is "randomly" selecting players, there is the potential for it being manipulated at some point.  Not necessarily as part of an NFL conspiracy, but what if the IQVIA/ICS employees happen to have a betting or fan interest?

Either you think asymptomatic, Covid-infected players can play and are not infectious, or you don't.  So if you believe the former, what is the point of this random surveillance testing and then keeping out asymptomatic, Covid-infected players you detect?

That's fair. I think we essentially agree.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the actual memo

Maybe the CMO is a huge Bills fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.