Should McKittrick Resume Returning Duties?

Gugny

Should McKittrick Resume Returning Duties?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should McKittrick Resume Returning Duties?

Personally, I think it's crazy that McKittrick was ever benched in the first place.  He was a Top 3 Returner in the league and had ONE FUMBLE.

Stevenson hasn't shown me much at all.  I am a solid YES on this one.

Interested to see the results of this poll.

Go Beels!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Absolutely. Mackenzie should get the job back. Stevenson has had an opportunity. I still think we never should have let Roberts walk. 

Roberts has been bouncing between teams since he left.

McKenzie had that fumble in an awful weather game, and it feels like he has been punished for it way more than he deserved.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

No.

My line of thinking is that Stevenson should be adaquit in a league that has made the return game a moot point 90% of the time. McKenzie could be better utilized with some snaps on offense and helping the offense move the ball.

In a tight game when we may need that big return possibility I am not opposed to subbing him in for a possible big play. But I'd really limit his ST snaps to keep him fresh for offense.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He was benched because he puts the ball on the ground way too much as a returner… it why he was cut in Denver. The fumble TD against the Colts was laughably horrible. Don’t blame McD at all for benching him. Special teams turnovers are inexcusable.

So, he was benched because he fumbled once and...what...3 years ago in Denver for the Broncos?

Also, we signed him off the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No.

My line of thinking is that Stevenson should be adaquit in a league that has made the return game a moot point 90% of the time. McKenzie could be better utilized with some snaps on offense and helping the offense move the ball.

In a tight game when we may need that big return possibility I am not opposed to subbing him in for a possible big play. But I'd really limit his ST snaps to keep him fresh for offense.

This^^^

Rather see him used more in the offense. He's a great gadget player you have to account for.

I think the Bills should figure out if Stevenson can be a speed option at WR for the Bills.  I don't mind if they give return duties back to McKenzie, but he should be on a short leash.  The Bills ought to be looking at their options at slot receiver and speed receiver when Beasley and Sanders are gone.  McKenzie has slot receiver potential while Stevenson has outside speed receiver potential.  Whoever is not handling return duties ought to get a couple snaps a game and their ideal position on offense, at least late in games when there is little question about the outcome.

Edited by BigAl2526

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.