What's For Dinner?: Christmas Edition

Gugny

I'll be making lasagna.  I found this recipe years ago and it is absolutely killer.  I don't deviate from it at all and it's the best lasagna I've ever had.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23600/worlds-best-lasagna/

Probably gonna keep it very simple and just have some Eye-Talian bread.  I don't even think I'll do salad.

My family has never had any tradition with regard to a Christmas meal.  I just think this is nice comfort food for this crap weather and I'm really looking forward to making it.

Interested to know what others are having.  

Whachoo got??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

we celebrate the major meal for Christmas on the Eve. The day is a family tradition to go out for chinese on christmas just to avoid the c leanup for another extravaganza. Think about it, They are likely one of the only non fast food option available on Christmas Day. That and maybe pho or dim sum.

My eve meal will be traditional baked ham with a pineapple honey glaze, crockpot mashed potatoes,  artesian bread baked. My best friend will bring the veg sides shes a fabulous cook. Dessert will be homemade cherry pie. 

martanellis and wine etc etc etc. Daughter is baking 3 different cookies I'll chime in with sugar cutouts frosting and rainbow sprinkles

we make homemade tamales ( 12 dozen pork total ) and cookie trays and pass them out Christmas day. family recipe.

Merry Christmas to everyone at 2bd.

m

Having it at mom's house (one last time)- will sell it in spring-summer. Beef on Weck, shrimp, shrimp salad, cornflake potatoes, lazy pierogi. Year before dad died (1990) he said he was sick of turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we had the above for Christmas.  Been having it every year since. Next year we'll shift to sister's house.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'll be making lasagna.  I found this recipe years ago and it is absolutely killer.  I don't deviate from it at all and it's the best lasagna I've ever had.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23600/worlds-best-lasagna/

Probably gonna keep it very simple and just have some Eye-Talian bread.  I don't even think I'll do salad.

My family has never had any tradition with regard to a Christmas meal.  I just think this is nice comfort food for this crap weather and I'm really looking forward to making it.

Interested to know what others are having.  

Whachoo got??

My wife makes this same recipe for her lasagna.

But lasagna for Christmas? This is radical. 

• Like (+1) 1

Somewhere - ribs on the grill started showing up for Christmas. The hunter across the street harvested a doe and buck (Crossbow) - holding out for a few ribs - need lots of brine time

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My wife makes this same recipe for her lasagna.

But lasagna for Christmas? This is radical. 

That's why I save the lasagna for the 4th of July

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.