Should Davis start over Sanders going forward?

Blainorama5

Davis or Sanders as the starter?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Should Davis continue to start over Sanders?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bench them both and start Kumerow

Whenever Emmanuel Sanders gets healthy again - should Gabe stay in as the starter?  Obviously it's never a good thing to lose your spot based on injury .... but clearly Gabe is playing lights out right now and is probably fresher due to less playing time this season.  Is Davis our secret weapon for a late season push??

I was irate to know Sanders ever started over Davis. I made a really old thread about how mad I was

I thought the Sanders signing was a good one because we needed depth in case of injury like we did at the end of last season.

Then to see Sanders taking all of his snaps? Pfft. What a poor roster decision. Wonder if that was Beane over McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I was irate to know Sanders ever started over Davis. I made a really old thread about how mad I was

I thought the Sanders signing was a good one because we needed depth in case of injury like we did at the end of last season.

Then to see Sanders taking all of his snaps? Pfft. What a poor roster decision. Wonder if that was Beane over McDermott. 

Wasn't Davis dealing with some lingering injuries to start the season?  But in general, I agree - as much as I like what Sanders' experience can do, Gabe is just a solid WR who will only continue to get better with MORE starting reps!

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yes, 100%.  Not the Sanders is bad by any means.  But Gabe = better offensive production.  Don't know why, but it's apparent 

I dont know why either but he just makes more plays. Let Sanders and Beasley rotate in the slot.  Sanders was getting open deep consistently and JA has found him at times. He can still be a weapon but Davis commands a few more snaps per game

• Like (+1) 2

How much bigger is Gabe?  He just seems like a much bigger and physical target than Manny.  Decent YAC too.  Like a poor man's (smaller) Mike Evans.

Edit:  Obviously still like Manny in the mix as one of our top-4, just not at the expense of snaps for Gabe.

Edited by TheBrownBear

"I voted for Kumerow"  <--- There's one in every crowd! 😉

Just now, JimmyNoodles said:

Yes, becasue we need a bigger body out there, which is something the receiving corp needs.  

Yeah, I think he's got like 3 inches and at least 20+ lbs on Sanders!  He does a good job shielding defenders from the ball.

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The offense is so much better with Davis active.  We definitely want to mix in Sanders but Davis deserves to be WR 2

I agree. Based on production esp over the last month, he should always be on the field with Diggs. Sanders, imo, should be #4 and used in spot duty. I still think he is valuable to have on the team. 

20 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yes, 100%.  Not the Sanders is bad by any means.  But Gabe = better offensive production.  Don't know why, but it's apparent 

this.  Sanders is good, Gabe is just better at this point.  

our ridiculous coaches and GM's are obsessed with playing the wrong players, getting the wrong players, etc.  I fully expect to see Sanders back in over Gabe.  

• Vomit 1

Yes Gabe should be the #2 for many of the reasons already cited. That is NOT a slight on Sanders. Sanders (along with Beasley) can still be heavily involved in the slot (he's played there many times before) and we use more than 2 receivers on nearly every down.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.