How are we supposed to feel about this win??

PromoTheRobot

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

You could feel awful, or you could feel great. Either way, the end result is 100% the same. I choose to feel great.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Still haven’t seen the game but this was a worse starting offensive line than even what we rolled with against the jaguars and we scored 31 on a much better defense 

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean if I didn't know better I'd think we were missing two of our starters on the OL.

People don’t seem to understand how bad missing TWO offensive linemen is.  Missing one you can kind of scheme your way around with minimal position shuffling…two starts to get unmanageable 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel all right … Panthers still ran the ball a bit too easily for my liking, and the DBs dropped a few easy ints that could have put this out of reach earlier. Nice to see Obada have himself a game, and nice to see them feed singletary with some success. I know everyone thinks Brown is a stud already, but this kid has a long way to go.  I think he’ll get there though. As the head cheater might say:  on to New England. 

20 minutes ago, gflande1 said:

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m extremely happy they won of course, but I hoped for a more dominate performance. I wanted them to continue their progress from last weeks great half of football. They showed they can be dominate, I did not see that today.

I felt the O was the biggest problem, Allen was off, but the play calling was vanilla. How much motion did we see? It felt like they called the same 7 plays over and over. Maybe that’s the injuries? I hope so. That performance does not beat the Pats. 

Another ho hum win over a bad team.

Edit: I am extremely happy to see Obada’s performance. Dude is a beast. 

The word you’re looking for is dominant 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They managed to get it done with a makeshift offensive line against a bad and depleted team ( they do have a good D) with a suspect QB. They will need to play much better in the weeks ahead. Didn’t love how they moved the entire line around , never a good strategy imo. We have to hope the OL is back intact next week or they won’t have a chance to win. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

We won 31-14.  Looked in control the entire game.  And walked out with no additional injuries.  What more could anyone ask for?   

If you can’t enjoy a win like this, then why are you watching?   It doesn’t mean we’ll be in the Super Bowl; but for a single week... we kicked a lesser team’s ass and walked away with an easy win. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

Panthers have a really good D and crappy offense. Its a solid win vs a decent team. The Panthers arent the Lions…oh wait…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.